Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why go to the place that's trying to get back to where we were?

So Rubio revealed he has no plans to be VP or Governor of Florida as of now... Yeah right. :whatever:

So Rubio revealed he has no plans to be VP or Governor of Florida as of now... Yeah right. :whatever:

I read something last night that said that he's seriously rethinking his plans in Florida due to how poorly he performed there. Could have been speculation, but it's probably true. Only a complete idiot would try to run for governor of florida after his embarrassing performance in Florida this past Tuesday. He's going to need to wait a year or two and let the stink of this campaign wear off. He needs to build himself back up. He said he wouldnt run for re-election to the Florida senate even if he dropped out of the presidential race, but he has until May 6 to file for reelaction to the Florida Senate. But I dont think a run fo senate would turn out well following his awful performance in the presidential race.

In short, Rubio is becalmed in a political quagmire atm.

Last edited:

He can always join the multi million dollar world of lobbying, that seems the choice for many ex politicians

He could still serve in a future Republican administration.

So Rubio's political career may be ruined?

99309-its-so-beautiful-gif-Jake-the-wAgY.gif

I read something last night that said that he's seriously rethinking his plans in Florida due to how poorly he performed there. Could have been speculation, but it's probably true. Only a complete idiot would try to run for governor of florida after his embarrassing performance in Florida this past Tuesday. He's going to need to wait a year or two and let the stink of this campaign wear off. He needs to build himself back up. He said he wouldnt run for re-election to the Florida senate even if he dropped out of the presidential race, but he has until May 6 to file for reelaction to the Florida Senate. But I dont think a run fo senate would turn out well following his awful performance in the presidential race.

Rubio at best MIGHT get re-elected as Senator from Florida....but I don't see that happening. He made a complete fool of himself, not necessarily in his experience (he has at the least, as much as Obama had...in some ways more)....but in his childish rebuttals to Trump's attacks. He came off as a hurt little boy, whereas Cruz is coming off as big of an ass as Trump, which will actually score points in Texas as far as his re-election as Senator. AND, there is simply no one at the moment that is poised to take that Senate spot. Representative Gene Green, he is absolutely loved in Houston, but he just doesn't have the name recognition in Texas as a whole.

Rubio is done....
Cruz will weather this storm....

Kelly, completely anecdotal but what do you think the chances of Texas going blue if Trump gets the nomination? I feel like with the large Hispanic population and growing population of people moving there from blue states due to lower housing prices (I know a ton of people from California that have moved or are moving there soon) that Texas could be a purple state in the next ten years. With Trump as a nominee though I'm starting to wonder if the switch to swing state could come faster than anticipated.

Kelly, completely anecdotal but what do you think the chances of Texas going blue if Trump gets the nomination? I feel like with the large Hispanic population and growing population of people moving there from blue states due to lower housing prices (I know a ton of people from California that have moved or are moving there soon) that Texas could be a purple state in the next ten years. With Trump as a nominee though I'm starting to wonder if the switch to swing state could come faster than anticipated.
Imo this only happens if the RNC succeeds in giving the nom to someone else and Trump goes 3rd party

In all honesty I think Georgia is the most likely Southern State that the Dems might have a shot at in the future. I would put Mississippi higher then Texas on that list

Is Arkansas so far red at this point that she has no shot? Clinton carried it twice in the 90's. Home state advantage and all...

Texas is so hard to read.....in the urban areas of Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio you have very liberal lean, especially Austin....but they don't pull out the voters, whereas the rural areas, much more conservative do. I feel like the next 10 years we will see a change, if the urban areas can bring out the vote (and a Trump candidacy) could definitely do that, it may come sooner. I know that Clinton spent a lot of time here, and I have a feeling her husband will be spending a good amount of time here as well once she gets the official nod. I think the Clinton campaign sees a huge opening here. If they can get the Hispanic vote out to vote...yes they do have a chance. But it is DIRTY politics around here....we are already under an investigation after this last primary because the minority areas could not handle the voter turn out and some think that they short changed them on voting booths etc. I actually don't think anything dirty went on....I just think that those precincts have just never had much of a voter turn out, so they had the same amount of voting booths they always have not realizing the voter turnout would be so strong. The lines at those precincts were astronomical, which definitely bodes well for Clinton.

Rubio at best MIGHT get re-elected as Senator from Florida....but I don't see that happening. He made a complete fool of himself, not necessarily in his experience (he has at the least, as much as Obama had...in some ways more)....but in his childish rebuttals to Trump's attacks. He came off as a hurt little boy, whereas Cruz is coming off as big of an ass as Trump, which will actually score points in Texas as far as his re-election as Senator. AND, there is simply no one at the moment that is poised to take that Senate spot. Representative Gene Green, he is absolutely loved in Houston, but he just doesn't have the name recognition in Texas as a whole.

Rubio is done....
Cruz will weather this storm....

Cruz will go up against weaker candidates in the primaries and general election.

There will not be a spot open in the senate from Texas until at least 2020. By that time, John Cornyn will be 68, just two years younger than when Kay Bailey Hutchison retired in 2013, which paved the way for Cruz. Who knows, maybe by that time George P. Bush is a serious candidate.

Cruz will go up against weaker candidates in the primaries and general election.

There will not be a spot open in the senate from Texas until at least 2020. By that time, John Cornyn will be 68, just two years younger than when Kay Bailey Hutchison retired in 2013, which paved the way for Cruz. Who knows, maybe by that time George P. Bush is a serious candidate.

Cruz at the moment is totally unbeatable as far as his Senate seat, the Democrat choices are just horribly weak... I can't stand Cornyn, I actually like/liked Kay Bailey Hutchison, I know her personally and people across the aisle could actually talk to her and they could actually compromise...I can't stand Cornyn, he is in it for the power only....and well Cruz is......Cruz. :csad:

I would actually love to have Kay Bailey as my Governor, over that last term of Perry, and what we have now. uuuugh.....

Cruz at the moment is totally unbeatable as far as his Senate seat, the Democrat choices are just horribly weak... I can't stand Cornyn, I actually like/liked Kay Bailey Hutchison, I know her personally and people across the aisle could actually talk to her and they could actually compromise...I can't stand Cornyn, he is in it for the power only....and well Cruz is......Cruz. :csad:

I would actually love to have Kay Bailey as my Governor, over that last term of Perry, and what we have now. uuuugh.....

My prediction is Cruz is going to become a professional lobbyist by 2018, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jim Demint after his failed President run.

As for Democrats in Texas, you just know they are putting all there money behind one of the Castro twins

Last edited:
My prediction is Cruz is going to become a professional lobbyist by 2018, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jim Demint after his failed President run.

As for Democrats in Texas, you just know they are putting all there money behind one of the Castro twins

That is possible, if he doesn't get a VP nod from Clinton.....just watch where they place his speech at the DNC, that will tell you a lot as to where he stands power wise in the party.

That is possible, if he doesn't get a VP nod from Clinton.....just watch where they place his speech at the DNC, that will tell you a lot as to where he stands power wise in the party.

Well their is 2 of them, but Julian got to be keynote speaker in 2012. That told me the party is going to be backing him alot. Obama also gave him a cabinet position after his run as mayor. Joaquin is a congressman.

There's probably a mayor in one of the major Texas cities interested in running for higher office. Two former Dallas Mayors had unsuccessful campaigns as US Senate in the last 15 years. Bill White ran for Governor in 2010 and he was the Mayor of Houston at the time. I live in Dallas/Fort Worth and there has been zero indication that Betsy Price (Fort Worth) or Mike Rawlings (Dallas) has any interest in higher office. Not sure about Ivy Taylor, the Mayor of San Antonio or Steve Adler of Austin and Houston just elected their Mayor.

If the RNC leadership decides to deny Trump the nomination would or should or could the RNC bar him from the convention entirely? I've just been thinking that maybe they need to just put their foot down (unlikely) if they are planning to deny him the nomination. Can they do that?

Romney has pledged to vote for Cruz in the Utah caucus.

That is possible, if he doesn't get a VP nod from Clinton....

That would be a waste if Trump is the repub nominee then the dems would already have the Mexican american voters sewn up

Imo this only happens if the RNC succeeds in giving the nom to someone else and Trump goes 3rd party

Sore loser laws and ballot access are gonna hurt him if he waits til the convention to go 3rd party.

If Republicans want to go to a third party and start one because of Trump...they have no choice but to support the LP. It be cost effective. You wait until the convention rather you are Trump or a disgruntled GOP...I doubt you get on more than 20-30 ballots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"