Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually consuming plants can be very harmful. Take Digitalis (Foxglove) for example can be harmful to a person if ingested. There are a lot of common plants like Azaleas, Ficus, Oleander, etc that are also harmful to people.

We don't put people in jail for trying to ingest those though. Just in the ER, or a mental hospital if they keep doing it.

The current laws are in violation of any sane reading of the Eighth Amendment. I.e. the punishment is grossly disproportionate to the crime.

i totally understand that no one is advocating driving stoned...lol, I apologize if that was insinuated in my post.

I think there is a disconnect here though with users. Many people who smoke seem to think they can drive while high and there needs to be greater education on the issue.

Also (not directed at you Kelly) Marijuana isn't just a plant it's a drug and advocates of the legalization saying that is just a plant are really doing society a disservice. It's a drug that has some very serious and negative impacts on the brain. Again, I favor legalization, but I do think we need to take it seriously and not just dismiss the risks.

Marijuana is a plant. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't underestimate plants.

I never said it wasn't. But it is absurd to put people in jail for simply smoking a plant, or even possessing it.

Now, if they operate a vehicle while "high", then that should be a crime.

Actually consuming plants can be very harmful. Take Digitalis (Foxglove) for example can be harmful to a person if ingested. There are a lot of common plants like Azaleas, Ficus, Oleander, etc that are also harmful to people.

I'm aware of this. The possibility of toxicity, which cannabis does not possess except under extreme circumstances, still does not warrant jail time. This country over reaches with incarceration and it needs to stop. A place to begin this change is to stop locking people up for possessing or growing a plant. Whether the plant makes a person high is irrelevant. Getting high should not be in itself illegal. Providing the act isn't harming anyone else, there is nothing "criminal" about the act of deriving pleasure from a thing.

Last edited:
I never said it wasn't. But it is absurd to put people in jail for simply smoking a plant, or even possessing it.

Now, if they operate a vehicle while "high", then that should be a crime.

You kind of did when you said it was nothing more than a plant :o

Condemning someone to rot for life and die in prison for smoking pot is obscene. And it's all the more absurd when cigarettes are legally sold every day.

Destroying someone's entire life over something so frivolous and sentencing them to death in a prison cell should be a FAR greater crime than lighting up a doobie.

MEADOWSWEET
Meadowsweet is a European wildflower that grows in wet soils and marshes. It has been used for pain relief in the treatment of many conditions, including headaches, arthritis, and rheumatism.

Is just a plant, YET.....if abused can be addictive. It isn't outlawed.

MANY plants, barks from trees, etc are of medicinal use, many of those can be addictive if misused, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

And I totally agree, someone's life should not be totally ruined because they got caught with some weed on them.

Condemning someone to rot for life and die in prison for smoking pot is obscene

But if we can't throw people in jail for having weed how are politicians supposed to pay back all those lobbyists who finance their campaigns.

Hmmm I need to look into that meadowsweet stuff. Never can have too many herbal remedies up one's sleeve.

I don't know where people find the time or money to do drugs personally.

Another win for the big government regulating haters

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...s-flows-to-governor-candidate-greg-abbott.ece

Money from Koch interests flows to governor candidate Greg Abbott

AUSTIN — Five months after an ammonium nitrate explosion that killed 15 people in West, Attorney General Greg Abbott received a $25,000 contribution from a first-time donor to his political campaigns — the head of Koch Industries’ fertilizer division.

The donor, Chase Koch, is the son of one of the billionaire brothers atop Koch Industries’ politically influential business empire.

Abbott, who has since been criticized for allowing Texas chemical facilities to keep secret the contents of their plants, received more than $75,000 from Koch interests after the April 2013 explosion at the West Fertilizer Co. storage and distribution facility, campaign finance records filed with the state showed.

The West accident focused public attention on the storage of potentially dangerous chemicals across Texas and regulatory gaps in prevention, data-gathering, enforcement and disclosure to prevent explosions in the future. In addition to the 15 deaths, scores of people were injured, and homes and businesses were leveled.

The issue has re-emerged for Abbott in his run for governor. The Republican nominee recently declared that records on what chemicals the facilities stored could remain hidden
And here is Abbott explaining us the wonders of how the free market will take care of this problem

“You know where they are if you drive around,” Abbott told reporters at an event in Austin. “You can ask every facility whether or not they have chemicals or not. You can ask them if they do and they can tell you, ‘Well, we do have chemicals or we don’t have chemicals.’ And if they do, they tell which ones they have.”
I wonder if in Abbott's fantasy world Unicorns and Leprechauns exist

Everybody Is Going Crazy Buying Up Weird .gop Domains Today

fqxzlb9innfhntz8lnpx.png

In order to prove once and for all that it is totally web-savvy, and not nearly as analog as the critics say—oh, and also to raise money—the Republican Party is selling new web domains ending in .gop starting today. They are much in demand, but not for the reasons Republicans might have hoped.

Br_O6L0CYAErRjq.png

BsCfsb7CMAEukiq.jpg

Br_W0FOIQAAm80W.jpg

Br_dPrJCQAEg3iW.png

Br_TL8dCEAA8k_c.png

There were inevitable disappointments, too.

Br_PttmCIAEz-VY.png

Br_Q5-TIMAAZF8L.jpg

Br_dr3VCAAEyqwo.jpg

Feel free to go here:

https://www.join.gop/

And get yourself that .gop domain you have always dreamed of!

GOP to Hold 2016 National Convention in Ohio

The Republican Party of the USA, "seeking to capture the quintessential swing state of Ohio in the next presidential election," has chosen Cleveland as the lucky host of the 2016 Republican National Convention.

In 2012, the Republicans held their convention in Tampa. Florida went for Obama.

Also that year, the Democrats held their convention in Charlotte. North Carolina went for Romney.

No matter where they are held, American political conventions are staggeringly wasteful monuments to the insincerity and moral corruption of our nation's political class and their fawning media enablers.

"I love you, Cleveland!" -A lying white man in the fall of 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/u...lumn-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

These things really are dated and waste way too much money, this applies to both parties

I think there is a disconnect here though with users. Many people who smoke seem to think they can drive while high and there needs to be greater education on the issue.

Also (not directed at you Kelly) Marijuana isn't just a plant it's a drug and advocates of the legalization saying that is just a plant are really doing society a disservice. It's a drug that has some very serious and negative impacts on the brain. Again, I favor legalization, but I do think we need to take it seriously and not just dismiss the risks.

The damage Marijuana causes to the body is relatively equal to that of smoking a regular cig. Mainly the effects are centered on the respiratory system. However, recent studies have shown no real major changes to the brain are lasting. So it's really only serious if you smoke it consistently...then you need to get your lungs checked.

I favor legalization though.

Though why anyone thinks it's a good idea to put smoke in your lungs is beyond me.

Everybody Is Going Crazy Buying Up Weird .gop Domains Today

fqxzlb9innfhntz8lnpx.png

Feel free to go here:

https://www.join.gop/

And get yourself that .gop domain you have always dreamed of!

:lmao: I clicked on the link, and googls chrome says "the site is not trusted. Do you want to proceed?"

Even Chrome knows the GOP cant be trusted.

The damage Marijuana causes to the body is relatively equal to that of smoking a regular cig. Mainly the effects are centered on the respiratory system. However, recent studies have shown no real major changes to the brain are lasting. So it's really only serious if you smoke it consistently...then you need to get your lungs checked.

I favor legalization though.

Though why anyone thinks it's a good idea to put smoke in your lungs is beyond me.

Study: Smoking cannabis not linked to lung damage.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"