Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Does Fox even have anyone who isn't white employed?

C'mon now. The network's full of ridiculous stuff, but anyone who's seen even 30 seconds of Fox footage even as a reference on a CNN story or whatever realizes of course they do. There are plenty of people of color on Fox, just stop.

They are not clearly as diverse as you say. They have a few, sure. But that doesn't quite offset Tucker Carson's White Power Hour and Laura Ingraham's Racist Party.

It's actually a legitimate question. I don't watch Fox News but whenever I see any kind of commentary referencing it, there is never anyone who isn't white involved.

They are not clearly as diverse as you say. They have a few, sure. But that doesn't quite offset Tucker Carson's White Power Hour and Laura Ingraham's Racist Party.

There are more than "a few". Neville, Williams, Faulker, Guilfoyle, Rivera, Green, Payne, from memory among the big host types. Think Guilfoyle left with that scandal, but still. Camerota from CNN used to be over there for years. Then of course the actual location/field reporters on their hard news shows, of which there seem to be a bunch. That's not even counting the punditry types they have on the opinion shows (not hosts, but guests) in which there are minorities all over the damn place.

It's one thing to have issues with Fox, they're legitimate issues. You do yourself a huge disservice by just writing it off as 24 Hour Honkey-Town though, that's simply & demonstrably untrue.

Of course Carlson & Ingraham are morons, anyone sane agrees with that. The opinion/editorial shows overall are pretty damn stupid. That's not the same thing as "Fox just hires Whitey".

Does it really matter how diverse their on screen people are when they have Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour? Or Laura Ingraham's Nazi Time?

No, it really doesn't. It just makes for an example of how lacking their diversity is that when one is mentioned it's actually surprising they exist at Fox.

So a poll just released that has the Democrat running for the Tennessee Senate seat up 2 pts. I imagine some brown pants are being made at the RNC. Having to go defensive in Tennessee and Texas is going to make things easier other places.

Naturally the Republicans are on the defensive so anything they can use, they will. Even though they will turn around and cry foul if the Democrats did the same thing they were doing (and in point of fact have, many, many documented times in the past).

So they refuse to agree to not use stolen materials in the elections, they refuse to prevent Russia from interfering in this years elections, they refuse to cooperate with the 2016 investigation...in any society with sensible government the GOP would already be under investigation for collusion, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting a foreign nation's interference in elections.

Does it really matter how diverse their on screen people are when they have Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour? Or Laura Ingraham's Nazi Time?

Which isn't what was being accused. The accusation was that the on-air Fox people are a bunch of whiteys.

They're not. No matter how you (rightfully) feel about Carlson individually, or Ingraham.

It seems that having to actually fight for his seat has finally driven Ted Cruz fully insane. He just gave a speech warning that electing a Dem would turn Texas into California, complete with the horrifying threats of "Tofu, Silicon, and Dyed Hair". No joke. Not an Onion article. This is his campaign now.

I’m still of the belief that Cruz will likely win... but it’s nice to see the guy flail around.

It seems that having to actually fight for his seat has finally driven Ted Cruz fully insane. He just gave a speech warning that electing a Dem would turn Texas into California, complete with the horrifying threats of "Tofu, Silicon, and Dyed Hair". No joke. Not an Onion article. This is his campaign now.
Wow....what will Texas be like when people start dying their hair?

West Texans will fight for their right to surf.

It always makes me laugh how Republicans constantly talk about how Democrats look down on middle America, but they are the ones always calling out cities and states in a derogatory way

How many democrats do you see for instance talk about how we don't want to make our state be like Alabama on the campaign trail

It is projection. Pure 100% projection. They fear Democrats will do what they have been doing.

The worst mistake Democrats made was ignoring the midwest and rural states. Which is better than calling them terrible places to live.

Republicans love bashing city people as if they have lesser moral values than small town folk.

I remember McCain kept smugly referring to Obama as a “Chicago politician” like it was a brand of shame.

As someone who has lived in towns villages with less than 100 people and cities with almost half a million I think I can say they are full of ****. My absolute worst experiences with people were in a tiny, rural area and some of my best, most helpful ones are from major cities. What that absolutely does not mean is anyone from one place or the other is inherently going to be whatever is convienent.

I knew plenty of good, decent people in small towns and I have known some truly awful people in large cities too. The generalization is just too large and inconsistent.

So, Rick Scott went against Trump's conspiracy theory. Rick Desantis eventually, reluctantly, went with Scott as well. Which has to be tough for mister Trump lover.

But now, Lou Dobbs on Fox News ripped into them for siding with the truth over Trump. And Trump saw it, as he retweeted the rant. So now, they are in very, very tough spots.

I used to think Lou Dobbs was halfway reasonable. What a sellout.

Yeah, that sounds about right for Ted Cruz. He'll say anything to get what he wants. Back when he was running as a candidate for president, against Donald Trump, he wanted to put in a few digs against Hillary Clinton. His argument against her (and I actually saw him say this on a TV interview with my own eyes) was, "If Hillary wins, then we lose the Bill of Rights." He said it totally straight-faced.

The Bill of Rights. That's ten whole amendments. This guy believed that as soon as Hillary walked into the White House, that all ten amendments would vanish into thin air.

Either he's a fool who has no idea how legislation works, or he's just a liar who thinks the American people are stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"