Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Yeah, that sounds about right for Ted Cruz. He'll say anything to get what he wants. Back when he was running as a candidate for president, against Donald Trump, he wanted to put in a few digs against Hillary Clinton. His argument against her (and I actually saw him say this on a TV interview with my own eyes) was, "If Hillary wins, then we lose the Bill of Rights." He said it totally straight-faced.

The Bill of Rights. That's ten whole amendments. This guy believed that as soon as Hillary walked into the White House, that all ten amendments would vanish into thin air.

Either he's a fool who has no idea how legislation works, or he's just a liar who thinks the American people are stupid.
With Cruz my thinking is both.

Trump proves those two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
I believe he went full insane when a bigger liar and con man hijacked his nomination back in 2016.

With Cruz my thinking is both.

I would actually go with Cruz thinks his supporters are idiots. I can say many negative things about Cruz, but I don't question his intelligence. To me he seems to like talking like a preacher who constantly screams how the world is on fire and we need to be scared

Is he a religious fanatic, or is he a con man ala Steve Martin in Leap of Faith? I waiver back and forth in answering that question with a lot of the senators representing the religious right.

Last edited:
Regardless of their religious conviction I still think most are conmen.

When Snowe and Murkowski retire, I'm sure Republican party leadership will be very happy.

Murkowski, definitely, since she doesn't need the party to win elections.

When Snowe and Murkowski retire, I'm sure Republican party leadership will be very happy.

I am guessing you mean Collins not Snowe(former Maine Senator). All that being said how happy will they be if she retires and a Democrat wins that seat?

I am guessing you mean Collins not Snowe(former Maine Senator). All that being said how happy will they be if she retires and a Democrat wins that seat?
Nope. Murkowski. Look into her run in 2010. She got out flanked on the right by aTea Party type, then ran as a write in candidate and won.

Nope. Murkowski. Look into her run in 2010. She got out flanked on the right by aTea Party type, then ran as a write in candidate and won.

The post mentioned Snowe and Murkowski. Olympia Snowe was another "RINO" republican Senator from Maine who retired I believe in 2012 and Independent Angus King(who seems to side more with the Democrats) won that seat. Decent Chance if Collins retires that Dems might pick up that seat

The post mentioned Snowe and Murkowski. Olympia Snowe was another "RINO" republican Senator from Maine who retired I believe in 2012 and Independent Angus King(who seems to side more with the Democrats) won that seat
Mixed signals there on my part brotha.

You're right. Not sure why I thought Snowe.

I hate that I'm more surprised that a Republican actually dropped out of an election because abuse allegations.

I think I see where Graham was getting angry.

Because the whole party is full of allegations.

According to his Twitter, Senator Fain just won a "Family Values @ Work Policy Champion GameChanger Award".

Idk what that is but as usual the GOP proclaims it is the party of family values but in actuality it is the party of rape and racism.

Last edited:
It seems to me that every single person Donald Trump appoints to his administration turns out to be either a crook or a pervert. Or both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"