The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Does this movie really deserve the hate it gets?

No it doesn't deserve it.

RT defines most people mind from what I have seen since they are always bringing that up.

Those polls tho..

It absolutely does. This is one awful movie.

Very true.

Better liked by the critics
Better liked by the fans
Better and easier story line to follow
Greater and believable character development
All special in their own way
Better quality
DOFP, The Winter Soldier, and GOTG I have seen make it to a lot of users top 10 comic book lists, so obviously, these three are recent successful quality comic book movies to date.

The list could go on...

Standing this films to TASM 2 just makes someone realize that it really isn't anyway close to the level that the other three are on.

Agreed. TASM 2 also suffers from inconsistent tone, sloppy written under developed main characters, and a lot of bad cheesy humour.

The amount of hateful vile I seen thrown at this movie is not deserved at all, no.

Yes...yes it does. It took my favorite superhero (alongside Batman), and took a giant, steamy dump on him.

I honestly think it's the worst CBM ever made.

I don't hate the movie, but it's definitely the worst Spider-man movie out of 5.

And it didn't help that all of the summer comic book movies are way superior

Because it is the second best of the Spidey movies. :up:

I just don't have the time.

Maybe it's because you can't justify it? (I'm sure you could if you really tried, but it sure looks like it if you don't)

I suppose we could just go back to posting lists and patting each other on the backs...

I'll join in

Worst CBM ever, killed my cat, literally stole my juice. Please kill sony.

Addressing this next part to all of you...

In all seriousness, if you can't be bothered to analyse the film, to justify why you truely hate it, then why are you here? If you're just repeating the same line over and over again to the joy of your peers, why bother? How is that discussion relevant, useful or beneficial to you? Doesn't make sense.

You say it's because you want the series to be good, to soar, but you cannot even outline what you hated about this one, if you can't, maybe the mob mentality has blinded you?

I mean, it probably hasn't, but it's certainly something to think about

Last edited:
Maybe it's because you can't justify it?

What more justification do you want? Lots of people have given many good reasons why it's a bad movie. If you don't agree with them then that's ok. You don't need to.

Not really.

I've seen no justification for negatives on this movie that haven't been forgiven ten-fold on the Raimi movies.

The fact that this thread was made to begin with, coupled with the audience rating dropping, only Spider-Man film to be panned, AND it's the lowest grossing one in the series...yeah, that's about it.

They don't share the same negatives. Raimi's movies are good movies, whereas The Amazing Spider-Man movies are not. I don't want to start a Raimi discussion because the moderators said it's not allowed, but the TASM movies are in a much lower league than the good comic book movies. It's gratifying to see that is being recognized by fans, critics, and a diminishing box office.

It's forced Sony to rethink their strategy. Unfortunately they've come up with some pretty stupid solutions to their bad Spider-Man franchise problem. But at least we know the unpopularity of this franchise has them running scared. They admitted that the negative reception to their movies has forced them to listen.

Can you link me these explanations?

Particularly, a detailed analysis, scene by scene, of why this movie is poor?

People keep saying "It's obvious, we already have"

I'm sure we haven't, not one person on this entire board has attempted to justify the fundamental flaws in the first scene of TASM2.

So, what we can gather from that is, yes indeed, people are too harsh on the film.

Please prove me wrong.

The fact that this thread was made to begin with, coupled with the audience rating dropping, only Spider-Man film to be panned, AND it's the lowest grossing one in the series...yeah, that's about it.

Everything you mentioned was in terms of how the film was recieved.

We're talking about whether the reception was deserved. You can't justify the reception with the reception.

Does that make sense?

So I need to do a scene by scene dissection of how awful it is? I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

But to reiterate : Unfocused and Wafer-thin plot, beyond overstuffed, the film had no idea what plot it wanted to use, underdeveloped characters, this film was literally a teaser for "things to come" as opposed to being a stand alone film, hell this doesn't even feel like a sequel to the freakin' film it was preceded by. Also the fact that it took a steamy dump on Spider-Man and his world hurts it way...way more.

Can you link me these explanations?

Particularly, a detailed analysis, scene by scene, of why this movie is poor?

People keep saying "It's obvious, we already have"

I'm sure we haven't, not one person on this entire board has attempted to justify the fundamental flaws in the first scene of TASM2.

So, what we can gather from that is, yes indeed, people are too harsh on the film.

Please prove me wrong.

Do you expect us to go rooting through the board archives for the last four months trying to find you posts that explain in a scene by scene analysis of why the movie was bad?

Who makes posts like that where they break down each individual scene out of an entire movie to criticize it? Can you find some posts that do the opposite and give a scene by scene description of why the movie is good?

When people say it's obvious they already have it's because they have said many times why this movie is bad. From the cheesy acting from the cast, to the inconsistent tone in the movie, to the under development of many of the main characters, to the rushed plots and so forth. It's been done to death.

You're setting an impossible task asking for posts that taken the movie apart scene for scene. I've never seen anyone do that here for any movie. I don't think you have either. If you have then show us and prove us wrong.

I think the criticisms over how Peter Parker is a terrible person, or how Mark Webb ruined the movie, etc. are rather unwarranted. Spidey acts like Spidey. And the film deserves praise for a pretty decent cast and excellent special effects.
Indeed. It's a fabulous representation of Spidey himself, perhaps the best. I can't see how this film disrespects the character, but anyway. Some like it, some don't. What I deemed to be niggles, or actually likes, were massive big deals for others. I'm buying the Blu-ray this week and I'm excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"