No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
Cause this guy is missing a thread. If Willem Dafoe will return as goblin he deserves his own thread.

AcclaimedGlamorousLark-size_restricted.gif

Uh, don't think it's a good idea to create a thread for Willem Dafoe without official confirmation first, but nothing to do about it now I guess.

Don't get me wrong, still believe he's 100% in the movie. But just to be safe, it probably would have been better to wait until he at least commented on it.

Either way, we're going back to formula. :gg:

I do think if any of the other villain rumours are true it would be this one. Dafoe loves playing bad guys and constantly references the Goblin performance as one of his go to points for going "evil" in a role.

I'm assuming he'd love to return as I'd argue he seemed more into being Goblin than Tobey was as Spidey.

Dafoe wanted the classic curly wig-like Norman Osborn hair in the original but Raimi refused. Maybe this will be his chance to finally have that style.

Also no power ranger Goblin this time round.

Dafoe wanted the classic curly wig-like Norman Osborn hair in the original but Raimi refused. Maybe this will be his chance to finally have that style.

Also no power ranger Goblin this time round.

I'm gonna say the inevitable redesign of Goblin will look likely similar to Taskmaster. Very straight to the point but likey still a no movement facial mask.

Here's to hoping Marvel has the balls to give us comic accurate Goblin. Although I doubt it for the sake of recognizing Dafoe.

Dafoe rocked the ever loving **** out of the role, back in '02.

Would love so much to see him back in that glorified Power Rangers get-up. :funny: And I say that with the utmost love and affection for the suit.

Uh, don't think it's a good idea to create a thread for Willem Dafoe without official confirmation first, but nothing to do about it now I guess.

don’t be such a nerd, arachnerd! He’s practically confirmed.

Anyways I feel like this was honestly the best move. Chris Cooper was horribly miscast as Norman, and whoever they get for the Holland MCU Spidey is going to have trouble topping Dafoe. I’m very curious if they’ll cast a different Osborn though for Holland.

My vote is still on Matthew McConaughey for MCU Norman.
I used to like that idea. But his accent does not work for me. That’s the same reason I don’t like him for Two-Face.

This is an extremely difficult role to pull off. Willem Dafoe is one of the only actors that can do it convincingly. Norman Osborn is basically Lex Luthor and Joker rolled into one. The actor requires a lot of range. Christian Bale’s dynamic performance in American Psycho is almost like an audition for the character. He would have been great.

Maybe just bring back Dafoe and give him the waves and a new suit. And obviously give us a different Harry Osborn LOL

Would love so much to see him back in that glorified Power Rangers get-up. :funny: And I say that with the utmost love and affection for the suit.
As a fellow fan of that wacky suit I say; :highfive:

Chris Cooper was horribly miscast as Norman
After seeing him in 2011's Muppets I think he had it in him to be fitting as the Goblin, but he was barely utilized. At least we didn't see him make audience cringe the way Dane did.

But I agree, Willem is easily the better choice between the two Norman actors.

I honestly wouldn't mind that. Oscorp was never a massive player in the grand scheme of the comics outside of Spider-Man and occasionally Iron Man.

Usually it's Roxxon, AIM, Hammer Industries, Baxter Tech or Pym Tech. You could easily cut out the middle man and use Norman in the MCU without having his ventures effect the grander scheme too much outside of references.

Will we get the Dane DeHaan Goblin too? Maybe he'll battle Dafoe and get killed by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"