E3 2010

Most games will probably be on-rails for the Kinect. I don't mind it sometimes, I enjoyed shooters like Dead Space: Extraction and the Resident Evil games on the Wii, but I wouldn't want all games to be like that.

Really, the lack of buttons hurts Kinect. How are you supposed to run around with your characters in games, like first-person-shooters, if all Kinect detects is you pointing at the screen?

Well if it's anything like that running game they showed off at E3 I guess you could jog in place. The problem being tho those two looked like they were flat out going all out to get their chars to run, and you move a LOT in FPS's. Not to sound like a couch potatoe, but I can't imagine jogging in place for 4 hours running down narrow corridors while having your arms perfectly straight out in front of you being enjoyable compared to a controller. Which I think is why Microsoft stated you'll be allowed to use a controller in conjuction with Kinect.

However that brings up the issue, if Kinect is all about controller free gameplay, yet you need a controller to use it for quite a few games anyway, then what is Kinect about? Which would be that it's for party games, whatever genre Milo fits in, and dashboard navigation. Which I think we all knew, but it kinda puts a cap on what it Kinect can really do if it gets limited to such a small sub-sect of gaming.

You wouldn't to know anything of it, though? This game was mentioned on these boards, and I've searched for info with no luck.

You know you're a fanboy, when....

Heh, I think we all go into denial from time to time when the developer of our favorite current gen console goes loopy. Playstation fans put many a straight jacket makers kids through college after the flip the crab over and attack it's weak spot for massive damage fiasco. I had to be sedated when they claimed it was part of authentic Japanese history, foaming at the mouth and everything.

And don't even get me started on when Miyamoto started playing the Mario song. I remember hearing rioting in the streets, they sounded like freakin' animals. I just turned my table over, hugged my dog, and stayed still for the next 3 days until things quieted down. I remember hearing scraping at my window, followed by whispers of, "It'sa me...". I still have nightmares :(.

I think my main problem is that Kinect just doesn't look good and they did nothing to convince me otherwise (despite spending the majority of their conference trying to).

I still can't even imagine a game I would want to play using that control style and I would love to hear what some people think the potential for it is.
How do you move forward in a game with Kinect. Thats one thing thats been on my mind since Natal was announced. It seems so simple but if you have a shooter, how do you advance with no controller? What about platform games? Action titles? etc.... How can one move forward with this thing when playing a game? You cant have them literally walk forward and leaning forward would just be a mess. For Kinect to be a viable option for current 360 games, it has to be easily impleneted into them and this one thing seems like a challenge. As a result I see alot of Kinect specific titles as we saw at E3. I think Move at least can be easily implemented into the current type of games offered on the PS3 making it something compatible with casual as well as the hardcore games

Heh, I think we all go into denial from time to time when the developer of our favorite current gen console goes loopy. Playstation fans put many a straight jacket makers kids through college after the flip the crab over and attack it's weak spot for massive damage fiasco. I had to be sedated when they claimed it was part of authentic Japanese history, foaming at the mouth and everything.

And don't even get me started on when Miyamoto started playing the Mario song. I remember hearing rioting in the streets, they sounded like freakin' animals. I just turned my table over, hugged my dog, and stayed still for the next 3 days until things quieted down. I remember hearing scraping at my window, followed by whispers of, "It'sa me...". I still have nightmares :(.

Nah, 360's my favorite & I'm denial. They sucked balls. I wanted Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Valve, Splinter Cell, what'd we get? 5 minutes of those & an hour 90 minutes of Wii rip-off 2.0.

Nah, 360's my favorite & I'm denial. They sucked balls. I wanted Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Valve, Splinter Cell, what'd we get? 5 minutes of those & an hour 90 minutes of Wii rip-off 2.0.

Well you have to understand, Microsoft is a buisness. They have to reach out to all demographics. Kinectimals? A small asian girl tickling a tiger. Microsoft was reaching out to the pedofile and beastiality group at the same time. Otherwise they would have been left high and dry this year without Milo. (PS obvious joke, just in case)

MS is crazy if they think they can price it at 150 bucks and actually penetrate the casual market.

I don't think you can compare a console launch to a peripheral launch. Besides, the PS3 launch price was neccesary and actually a great move.

I don't think you can compare a console launch to a peripheral launch. Besides, the PS3 launch price was neccesary and actually a great move.

Launching the PS3 at $599 was necessary due to the high production costs but it was a horrible move. More people would have bought the PS3 if it was launched at a more competitive price to the Wii's $250 and the 360's $399.

Take a look now that the PS3 which advertises it's $299 model more than it's $399 model, with the 360 at that same price (screw the Arcade model :o) and the Wii at $199. It's way more competitive and sells better.

It thad the high production cost due to the Blu-Ray implementation. It was a great move because it killed two birds with one stone. With Blu-Ray part of the package, the BDA won the Format War. No PS3 with Blu-Ray, HDDVD would have won easily.

Now, even after the high price and launching a year after 360, it is now less than 5 million behind 360 WW. In 2005-06 it looked like a terrible move, but now it looks to be a great one, especially since Sony has a long term plan for PS3.

So I just saw the Konami conference...pure comedic bliss.

Those guys were sooo baked. Ridiculous. VERY VERY EXERCISE!:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"