EA to develop Star Wars games

IGN also reported on it. My hopes just went through the roof and I don't care.

I sure hope it's true and released within the next few years!

Careful what you wish for. Duke Nukem Forever ring a bell? Battlefront's ultimate revival was at best disappointing. Sometimes games are scrapped for a reason.

Disappointing for you Matt, not a fact for everyone

Battlefield was NOT a disappointment.. Quit over playing that BS. Not even review wise.

Unless high 8's are "disappointing."

I wouldn't say Battlefront is that disappointing. Ignoring the whole, you know, having the bare minimum of content and being half of a game whilst being sold for $60 with a $50 season pass, it's spectacular!

well sorry everyone I don't have any new new with Amy Henning work. Yet.

but this is something I found shocking and didn't know was ever gonna happen. just picked up from Game spot face book.

GameSpot

8 hrs ·

Yet another brilliant Star Wars game that will never see the light of day.

Canceled Star Wars: Republic Commando 2 Details Revealed
Story details of the Star Wars sequel that never happened have been revealed.

Star Wars: Republic Commando
released more than a decade ago, but a recent interview with the shooter's lead developer has revealed details of what a sequel could have been. There were two potential stories, and one of them answered questions about a particular character's fate.

Lead engineer Brett Douville told Cinelinx that the two competing stories were developed by lead level designer Kevin Schmitt and creative director Tim Longo--Longo is currently the creative director on Halo 5: Guardians. Schmitt's story had players carrying out Order 66, an event in Revenge of the Siththat had the clones turning against the Jedi and killing them.]

Longo's idea involved Republic Commando character Sev, who was left behind by his squadmates, becoming the first soldier in the Rebellion army. Douville says the plan would have been to have Sev starting the Rebellion and training soldiers to fight the Empire.

"In my own imaging, I like to believe he'd go after his pod-brothers and counter-program them so they could fight the Empire together," Douville said. "I don't recall what Kevin Schmitt's would have entailed, but I like to imagine there would be a mission where you'd rescue [Sev]."

The sequel fell through because LucasArts was in the process of rebooting itself--much of the team on the original game had left the company.
This isn't the only canceled Star Wars game that we've learned of. Star Wars: Battlefront III was allegedly almost finished before being canceled. Another game that would have featured playersbuilding outposts and trade resources was recently revealed. And a Star Wars first-person shooter was shuttered during the Disney acquisition.

Star Wars 1313, another game canceled in the wake of the Disney purchase, would have put players in control of bounty hunter Boba Fett. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed in an interview that the company has been thinking about how it might be able to bring it back to life.

Filed under: Star Wars: Republic Commando PC
L.GAMESPOT.COM

That's too bad, I really liked Republic Commando.

Still no new on Amy Hennings project. Just saw this and it would be cool if they are making another old republic game but it could be something else all together. I'm putting this up here just in case. but it could just a new ip altogether and unrelated as well we'll have to see.

Star Wars: The Old Republic devs hiring for “new, unannounced Bioware IP”

8 hours ago
The studio responsible for Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin, are looking to add a lead server software engineer to work on a brand new,...
Read more

source:PCGamesN

TOR was ok. I'd much rather have an Uncharted-like action adventure or a Mass Effect style open world game than another MMO (I assume TOR still has some years left).

Interesting. I played it for a few months when it first came out. Haven't really touched it in a long while.

it happens you leave for a bit and stuff changes.be it new direction or content wise.

ok I have some most weren't expecting. Sorry this isn't related to Amy Henning's work. but for those that loved Kotor check this.

generic.png

General : Knights of the Old Republic Apeiron: First In-Game Footage

Posted Mar 06, 2016

Poem Studios announced last month that it was working on a reboot of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
Its version is called Apeiron and will feature not only much of the original game, but new planets to explore, quests and more. The team has released the first in-game footage that shows off a work in progress for KOTOR as it looks using the Unreal 4 Engine.
You can learn more about Apeiron by visiting the official site.
[YT]s58TvG8V-0k[/YT]
Permalink | 7 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#WQQCAiOO3KO71DCu.99

Via:MMORPG.com
(Source: RPGWatch)

I'm assuming it's a pc exclusive

It's fan made. Cool looking cool looking now though.

same video from before any way it looks good but I hope it's doesn't get cancelled but it very likely to be

Nothing too specific yet with Amy Henning project Yet . but hopefully soon. detail in red about what said with work

Industry
[FONT=&quot]EA outlines Star Wars lineup through 2018 and beyond[/FONT]

Published 5 hours ago. 35 comments.

Battlefront sequel in 2017, Visceral Games title in 2018.

EA-Star-Wars-Vid_06-12-16.jpg
\

Electronic Arts outlined the future of its Star Wars titles during its EA Play 2016 press conference.

The publisher released a behind-the-scenes video visiting EA teams DICE, BioWare, EA Motive, Visceral Games, and Capital Games, and partner team Respawn Entertainment, who are all working on Star Wars projects.

In a blog post, EA outlined the lineup through 2018 and beyond:
The team at DICE are continuing to add more of the content players want to Star Wars Battlefront, with free* content and three more digital expansion packs coming by the end of the year – Star Wars Battlefront Bespin, Star Wars Battlefront Death Star and a final pack in December we’re all especially excited about. And for VR fans, DICE is also working with Criterion on an exclusive Star Wars Battlefront VR mission for PlayStation VR this year.
With Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the team at Capital Games has already delivered a deep Star Wars mobile experience featuring iconic characters and locations from every corner of the Star Wars universe. With new features like guilds, raids and chat added this spring, and more new updates planned for the year, players will have a ton of new content to experience for a long time to come.
This December, BioWare will celebrate the 5th anniversary of Star Wars: The Old Republic and the game keeps getting better. You can expect more of BioWare’s high quality, story-driven content and new game features throughout the year.
A new installment of Star Wars Battlefront is currently in development at DICE, in collaboration with Motive Studios in Montreal. Our team at Motive team is growing quickly, and making great progress in building out a significant new addition to the game. While we’re not ready to get into specifics right now, we have started development of this game by listening to all of the feedback we received, while also innovating in new areas I think you’re all going to be excited about.

A brand new Star Wars story will debut in a new action adventure game from Visceral Games. I’ve been blown away by the level of collaboration between the Story Team at Lucasfilm and Amy Hennig and the team at Visceral as they create an original, authentic narrative in the Star Wars universe. It is an amazing example of how we’re taking an already strong partnership to another level.
Beyond
That’s not all we have in production right now. Our partners at Respawn Entertainment are making their own 3rd person action adventure game, one that features a different style of gameplay and takes place in a different timeline we have yet to explore with our EA Star Wars titles. And we’re early in pre-production on some other projects we think you’re going to be excited about as well.
No matter the genre you play or the platform you play on, we will have a great Star Wars game for you. Join us, and together we can rule the galaxy.

Watch the behind-the-scenes video below.

[YT]yrIEW7woFFo[/YT]

Read More

Industry, BioWare, Capital Games, DICE, E3 2016, EA, EA Play 2016, Motive Studios, Respawn Entertainment, Star Wars Battlefront, Visceral Games

source: Gematsu

Damn we have to wait till 2018 for that Visceral Games Star Wars game.

Last edited:
that's the rumor. I hope it's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"