Ebon Moss Bachrach is Ben Grimm/Thing

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Who would you like to see as the MCU Thing?

My top pick is Seth Rogen

Seth-Rogen.jpg

While he's known for comedy and certainly would have the Jewish humour down pat, he can also do dramatic roles:

He even has the voice for Ben Grimm. It is naturally gruff at times as you'd expect, and not if he were to turn into a rock monster but just as his normal self. As Grimm, he can be affable and approachable, yet potentially giving off that grouchy feel too.

Last edited:
I wonder if Jake Johnson would be a good Ben Grimm. He has that down to earth everyman thing to him that Ben needs. The feeling that he could believably be friends with every hero in the MU.

MV5BMjExMzc5NDM0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU3MDU3OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR135,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I’ve adored Seth Rogen on twitter lately so I would love to see this. Oh my gosh they could team him up with Barbara Streisand again as his great aunt petunia!

Petunia was only ever his aunt though and not his great aunt. And she was actually a young woman as depicted by John Byrne. But I think Aunt Petunia should've been an older woman and Barbara Streisand would work well.

I wonder if Jake Johnson would be a good Ben Grimm. He has that down to earth everyman thing to him that Ben needs. The feeling that he could believably be friends with every hero in the MU.

MV5BMjExMzc5NDM0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU3MDU3OA@@._V1_UY1200_CR135,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
It might work. Comedians sometimes do good work with more dramatic roles. And you're right about him having that likable everyman feel.

I like Johnson for MCU. Though I feel he would make for a better hero or villain in The Spidey verse. Like a hobgoblin or one of the Jury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"