It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

Posting this just to inform yall. i take it with a mountain of salt

I've been half and half on trusting MyTimeToShineHello's scoops ever since she started shilling NFTs a while back on Twitter.

Posting this just to inform yall. i take it with a mountain of salt

I don't think this go well if they gender bended Ben Grimm. Like what would they call her? Ben or Jen?

The only reason why I think Marvel Studios would do this is if they want the main team to have the same amount of men/women.

John Cena as The Thing makes sense too either you get him or you get Dwayne Johnson as The Thing

John Cena as The Thing makes sense too either you get him or you get Dwayne Johnson as The Thing
Does The Thing need to be played by someone who is almost or more than 50 though?

Especially assuming the 4 would be around for more or less 15 years in the MCU.

ignoring any current rumored names(or actual likely hood/ possibility)... just good o'fashion Fan Cast... some random picks

Jeff Wilbusch(35)
upload_2023-5-16_20-19-21.png

Asher Grodman (35)
upload_2023-5-16_20-17-26.png

Daveed Diggs (41)
upload_2023-5-16_20-42-14.png
(actually don't mind this rumor..)

Taylor Kitsch (42)
upload_2023-5-16_20-8-20.png

Jason Segel (43)

upload_2023-5-16_20-10-47.png
(I know this became a rumor for a while, but, I was one of the first to suggest it)

Michael Ealy (49)
upload_2023-5-16_20-37-19.png
(this one might be a bite of a dated suggested,
but, depends of the age range of the rest of the cast)

(just cause my old posts for some of these suggests got deleted) and were in need of new content around here lol

Last edited:
Well why would anyone cast Mila Kunis as the Thing? Its not like this is based from an obscure comic book that no one would bat an eye if they gender bended the character.

Who ever even brought her up as in the running admitted it wasn't true. She herself says she not involved but knows who is. Idk why she's even in the topic of conversation.

^the unofficial answer to "why she's even in the topic of conversation." is cause she was seen out (for coffee) with the director or something

why her name got involved with "the Thing" was probably just based on leakers saying they were looking at actual Jewish actors for the role... and given the aforementioned (being seen with the director) with her being a Jewish actor/actress the rumor became her for Thing (altho this was most likely meant to be a joke, at first...) the "Rumor Mills" just ran with it

side note: I wonder when she said she "knows who is" in it ... if that was still when they were supposedly pursuing, Emma Stone, for the role? or if she knew anything about current Margot rumor, too?

either way what I don't like about these current "rumors" is that they just seem to be throwing offers around at these "Big Names", instead holding any type of open auditions

I think marvel has everyone signed on already and the media is throwing whatever rumors at a wall to see what sticks. Especially because they know how coveted this IP is for fans.

You know who might be fun? The Hebrew Hammer himself, Adam Goldberg. He kind of has that cuddly uncle look but he can also be a tough guy

I prefer him to Daveed Diggs.
e5125754-e844-48d0-a5a6-5a7086d31c6b.jpg

I’m watching The Bear now.

He’s a pretty amazing actor and I think he can definitely pull off Ben if he has the right script to work with.

Of all the various rumors, I really want this one to be true.

I would've NEVER picked Ebon for Ben Grimm, but he's a solid actor and I could see it.

I would've NEVER picked Ebon for Ben Grimm, but he's a solid actor and I could see it.

Physically, he’s skinny, but it certainly wouldn’t be a stretch for him to have been a tight-end in college (and he has time to put on a little weight before shooting starts).

And the phrase I keep using is “old school tough guy”.

Ben grew up running with gangs before playing football in college and then becoming a test pilot.

Yeah, he’s also funny, but he’s mostly a tough guy who can be funny, and I think Ebon can play that masterfully.

A lot of people have been suggesting comedy actors who couldn’t pull off the tough guy aspect.

Yeah, beneath the surface, we all know he’s a softy, but he hides that side of himself behind a tough guy persona with a self-effacing sense of humor.

Plus Jewish with blue eyes is key.

I don’t want to get excited until we have something official, but he’s the kind of actor I could get excited about.

Last edited:
I do like Ebon a bit better for Ben. He's got a sorta sadness in his eyes that's just sorta always there, even when he looks like he's having the time of his life. I feel like that works for Ben really well.

Plus I'd rather see Diggs in a role where he doesn't turn into something else. He's one of my top picks for Magneto in a Rhineland Bastards situation where he ended up part of the Winter Soldier program.

I do like Ebon a bit better for Ben. He's got a sorta sadness in his eyes that's just sorta always there, even when he looks like he's having the time of his life. I feel like that works for Ben really well.

Plus I'd rather see Diggs in a role where he doesn't turn into something else. He's one of my top picks for Magneto in a Rhineland Bastards situation where he ended up part of the Winter Soldier program.

Of the Driver/Robbie rumored cast, Diggs was my favorite, but I think the more recent rumors are upgrades at every role.

Of all the names we’ve heard over the past few years, I think Ebon is the first one to get me to say: “Yeah…YEAH!”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"