It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

I mean…the fantastic four films are of course going to be kid friendly. He’s also in the super Mario movie which is for kids. I don’t think it’s a crazy statement. It’s not like he said marvel is Satan

true. The MCU is becoming more like Nintendo and DC is more like Playstation XBox - The Batman and Joker films are definitely not for young children

Think about Seth Rogen’s career. He doesnt have that one career defining role aside from being perceived as a pothead. Ben Grimm would solidify him in the cinematic pantheon as yeah that guy who played the Thing in Fantastic Four in the MCU. He was funny, acted with heart, and he gave Thing a distinctive voice unique and different from his usual voice work

I'll put a new name out there I don't think I've hear before...

Asher Grodman (35) 5'11", Jewish
{gained does lack the blues eyes, but that's what contacts are for}
upload_2023-2-16_12-31-44.png
upload_2023-2-16_12-34-15.png

Last edited:
At least make the size make sense.
If he is going on par with the hulk, make him around the same size.
Little smaller than the hulk and juggernaut (deadpool) but bigger than colossus (deadpool).
As for looks, we need the brow

images.jpg

Call me crazy but Paul Adelstein already looks like The Thing even without CG

blog-paul-adelstein_large.jpg

This rumor is sure to invite some discource
I saw this rumor and thought it was too ridiculous to take even remotely seriously but if this did happen while I wouldn’t be opposed to it entirely I do think one of the essentials to the character is their masculinity. Of course, there are masculine women out there but for me I just don’t see the point of gender bending Ben Grimm. I’m fine if they want to race-lift the character(there are black Jews out there) but I’m unsure if gender-lifting the character is really needed.

Last edited:
I saw this rumor and thought it was too ridiculous to take even remotely seriously but if this did happen while I wouldn’t be opposed to entirely I do think one of the essentials to the character is their masculinity. Of course, there are masculine women out there but for me I just don’t see the point of gender bending Ben Grimm. I’m fine if they want to race-lift the character(there are black Jews out there) but I’m unsure if gender-lifting the character is really needed.

If I’m allowed to say this in 2023, the essence of his character is masculine. He’s hard on the outside and soft on the inside (both physically and emotionally).

Our society expects men to hide their emotions. Ben is a characterization of what it’s like to be a man (during my life time).

Arbitrarily changing him like that would just demonstrate that Marvel doesn’t understand one of their greatest characters.

I hope and assume it’s BS, but I’m serious in that, if it does happen, I’m done.

I’ve been waiting over 50 years to see Ben done right on the big-screen, and if they do something that stupid, I think I’ll just give up, stop waiting and not watch another Marvel film.

95% of the comic books I ever bought had Ben in them, and the only reason I know most of the other Marvel characters is they appeared in Marvel Two In One or FF.

I am just... so utterly confused. What would be the point of genderbending Ben Grimm?

And no hate to Mila Kunis, I love her, but I just cannot picture her in the role whatsoever, much less her voice coming out of the Thing's design.

I think these scoopers sources are being fed BS, as the studio's means of discovering whose been leaking stuff.

Either that, or the scoopers are starting to get a bit stir crazy over the lack of concrete progress.

Unless I see actual proof otherwise, I don't buy this scoop for a second.

I would highly doubt Feige would do something that radical as gender bending The Thing.

I could see them race bending any one of the members of the F4, including , the The Thing.

But The Thing is gonna remain a dude until I see some evidence otherwise.

If she’s Sharon Ventura, fine, but Ben has to be the Thing before her.
I get that there is a precedence of a "She-Thing" (Aka Sharon Ventura) in the comics

what would be ironic about that,here, is that the main reason she is being associated with "The Thing", is because it was said they were looking at Jewish actors(actresses, in this case) for accuracy of Ben's Jewish heritage....

but, to the best of my knowledge, Sharon Ventura, is not Jewish(correct if I'm wrong, there)

so, would they be combining the two characters backstory?...

(of course this is all hypercritical speaking... as this is all just rumors)

I suspect the only truth may be that MK is bring considered for some role.

Even if they want to have Sharon Ventura, they should wait and introduce her in a later film after Ben is established as the Thing.

Though I guess they could introduce her now as a human to be transformed later.

But there are a lot of other characters I’d like to see before her.

Here's a good example of the supposed reliability of these scoopers, but several months back a string of them, including the one quoted above, claimed that Ghost had been cut from the line-up for the Thunderbolts film which was then quickly shown to be demonstrably false not long after.

Also, this same scooper claimed that Mila was indeed a candidate for Sue before backtracking and saying it was for a different role and now this.

I think this says all we need to know on the reliability of this.

Here's a good example of the supposed reliability of these scoopers, but several months back a string of them, including the one quoted above, claimed that Ghost had been cut from the line-up for the Thunderbolts film which was then quickly shown to be demonstrably false not long after.

Also, this same scooper claimed that Mila was indeed a candidate for Sue before backtracking and saying it was for a different role and now this.

I think this says all we need to know on the reliability of this.

Yeah it seems like this scooper throws a lot of s*** at the wall and then, if 10 of the 1000 things they claimed turned out to be true, they brag about those 10 things.

“Look at all these things I got right.”

I’m definitely up for Mila in some kind of MCU role, just not the ones suggested within the 4.

Call me crazy but Mila Kunis as The Thing is actually a good idea…

for an episode of What If.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"