It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

I don't know who James Lafferty is, but I love those Kirby dots.
I say Kirby dots because that's what they're called, but it looks like the actual artist on that might be John Buscema? Anybody know?

^wasn't question your 90's knowledge lol

just that you seemed to question if 90's actors might be too old, for the age range they might go with

hence a (37y.o.) James Lafferty vs (44y.o.) Joshua Jackson/Shane West/Devon Sawa
Shall we agree on suggesting Sawa for Ben Grimm? If he works next to Krasinski, I think it's a good idea.
I'm also wanting atleast another actor born late 70s so that we have two to choose from. :)

As I said Sawa is an interesting pick, he'd be fitting in an older cast range (which I personally prefer) how I feel of any other aforementioned actor is irreverent

As I said Sawa is an interesting pick, he'd be fitting in an older cast range (which I personally prefer) how I feel of any other aforementioned actor is irreverent
It's good that we both think he's suitable for Ben.

But I think we have misunderstood each other a little. I just wanted to have another actor around the same age so that it's possible to have two different ones to choose from. :)

John Cena is still my pick for Ben Grimm/The Thing and Cena is breaking out in Hollywood just like ex WWE guys like The Rock and Batista...Cena is tailor made for Ben Grimm

John Cena is still my pick for Ben Grimm/The Thing and Cena is breaking out in Hollywood just like ex WWE guys like The Rock and Batista...Cena is tailor made for Ben Grimm
Unfortunately. I know he’s tied into that peacemaker role!! Don’t know if he will have time to squeeze in fantastic four!! I do agree he would be excellent for the role though

Nothing against Cena, but when I think about Ben Grimm, John Cena is not what I picture. Which is not to say he couldn't do it, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

I understand I just don’t know who!! Dam it they’re taking too long to decide!! I keep changing my mind!! Lol

Jason Segel definitely is another alternative

Of all the names we’ve heard, I think John Cena may be my favorite.

I think he’s under-rated as an actor and has more range than he’s been allowed to showcase in the limited roles people have offered him.

I also get the feeling that he’s a nice and maybe kind of shy guy in real-life, but plays a loud boisterous character in wrestling and other roles, and I think that could fit Ben well.

The only thing I’m concerned about willie is John already playing peacemaker!! Don’t know if he has time to fit n Ben Grimm!! With other movies and wrestling!! Heard there’s gonna be a peacemaker tv show so…!! But. Definetly would like him as Ben!!

The only thing I’m concerned about willie is John already playing peacemaker!! Don’t know if he has time to fit n Ben Grimm!! With other movies and wrestling!! Heard there’s gonna be a peacemaker tv show so…!! But. Definetly would like him as Ben!!

Yeah, that could be a concern, but I’d hope Ben Grimm would be a big enough role in a big enough franchise that he’d make room for it if given the opportunity.

I hadn’t really thought much about it before, but now that I am:

Exterior - Big, strong and tough to the point of being frightening.

Inside - Kind and giving with the biggest heart you could imagine.

Who am I describing, John Cena or Ben Grimm?

I've always been a little warm to the idea of Cena as Grimm. He has the size and comedic timing. He even has the facial structure of the thing when it comes to the mocap a lot like Ruffalo already looking hulkish. I think he could easily do the voice too.

It reminds me a alot of the when people were fan casting Pattinson as batman before he was actually cast (of course cena isn't the caliber actor Rob is) but at first thought you might reject idea, but when you look at the finer details it actually works out.

Yeah, that could be a concern, but I’d hope Ben Grimm would be a big enough role in a big enough franchise that he’d make room for it if given the opportunity.

I’m all for cena being cast as Grimm just not sure if he can squeeze it in!! If he’s already contracted to do tv series for peacemaker and will/can reprise role for peacemaker in movies will he or could he also take on Ben Grimm role??!!

I would be totally fine if Cena got the call. Seems like a good fit.

I’m all for cena being cast as Grimm just not sure if he can squeeze it in!! If he’s already contracted to do tv series for peacemaker and will/can reprise role for peacemaker in movies will he or could he also take on Ben Grimm role??!!
It'll keep him busy for a while but I'm not sure how long Peacemaker will hang around long term.

I forgot about WB/discovery and zaslov screing the pooch!! You’re right iceman!! They might just stop with peacemaker!! Again I’m hoping for cena!! We will see

What is happening? Why does the discussion suddenly stop in every thread?
The actor suggestions just die out.
Have we run out of names to discuss?

It's natural for the conversation to lull, The discussion will pick up when someone has something worth adding. No need to force anything my dude.

This place is only as active as the news for this movie

if were just throwing names out there to keep the discussion going, I'v recently been considering...

Seth Gabel (41)
upload_2022-10-23_17-2-38.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"