Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much lore so I'm not exactly what you were looking for but here's what I did:

I felt conflicted on this quest so, with my main, I just roll played my character as a sucker for a pretty face and I sided with the girl.

As an alternate character I played a more sinister Argonian for a while. I turned the girl in for easy money. Then when the Redguard leader was walking away with his prisoner, I stabbed him in the back to get whatever else he had on him. Rather than thanking me for the eventual rescue, the girl attacked me for initially turning her in so I had to kill her too.

She didn't betray Hammerfell for the Dominion, she spoke out against the Dominion which the law in Hammerfell saw as a betrayal. I've only played the quest once, but my character has no love for the Dominion so he was more than happy to slaughter Alik's men.

I recently started playing this and have a level 10 orc (to give you an idea about how far I am). I'm doing the side quest where I have to get three pieces of an amulet from a wizard's three sons and I need a key to get into the third "barrow."

Here's my question: is it common for people to get stuck on quests and consult FAQS or boards in this game?

Some games like any Final Fantasy there are secrets and sidequests where I'm like "Oh, i would never have figured that out on my own" but I can always beat the game on my own.

Sometimes. In your case, you actually need to start the College of Winterhold questline since that first quest has you go into that barrow (Saarthal).

X Knight said:
ok, a question for you guys who are more knowledgeable about the story/lore of Skyrim.......

there's that one quest in Whiterun, where those Redguard mercs ask you to look for a Redguard woman. She's a lady in the inn called Saadia, and if you talk to her, she claims that the mercs are assassins ( sent by the Dominion ) out to get her and asks you to kill the merc leader for her.

Initially, I agreed to help her, but after reading online, it seems that when you confront the merc leader, he claims that Saadia betrayed Hammerfell for the Dominion and they want to bring her back to Hammerfell for justice.

there seems to be conflicting opinion online about which side is telling the truth, with compelling arguments on both sides........

for those of you here who are familiar with the backstory and lore, especially in regards to Redguards and Hammerfell, which side makes the strongest argument?

I took it as six of one, half a dozen of the other deal. One of them is lying and you just decide who. With my current character, he's a good guy and I had him turn the woman in since the Alik'r just want to arrest her.

Lore-wise, Hammerfell left the Empire after they and the Thalmor agreed to the White-Gold Concordant. Hammerfell continued fighting the Aldmeri Dominion until they agreed to their own treaty.

Last edited:
I haven't got that much patience that I'll spend a long time stuck on anything unless it happens to be a good part of the game. Getting stuck on any trivial part of the game breaks the pace of the narrative and makes me lose interest in a game fast. I'll give it a good go then either find an answer somewhere or move on to something else.

For this game the only time I really got stuck is not being able to climb up a mountain to follow a quest marker or more commonly some kind of game glitch. Otherwise if you have the clairvoyance spell it's usually pretty obvious what you need to do & where you need to go next.

Here's my question: is it common for people to get stuck on quests and consult FAQS or boards in this game?

Some games like any Final Fantasy there are secrets and sidequests where I'm like "Oh, i would never have figured that out on my own" but I can always beat the game on my own.

Just depends on you. Personally if I get stuck on any game, I'll go online and look up how to do it. Puzzles are primary example, they don't interest me at all and if I can't solve it within the first few goes I'll jump on the internet and just get something to tell me how it's done.

I usually don't check unless A) I've already beaten the game and have just forgotten the solution B) I don't really care about the game (as in recently with LA noire) or C) I genuinely can't figure out what to do.

C rarely happens, personally, and if it's a neat puzzle I usually like to try it without help.

Sometimes. In your case, you actually need to start the College of Winterhold questline since that first quest has you go into that barrow (Saarthal).

Now that I would never have figured out because every quest I've completed so far has been "self-sustaining."

I was wondering if people here check the FAQS more for this game than they normally do for other games.

I haven't used FAQs much for Skyrim unless I'm hunting for particular items. Like I went to a wiki and found out where all of the dragon priest masks were because I got tired of only having like 3 of them even though I'd already found the altar and knew there were several more.

ok, I think I'm going to side with that Redguard woman in Whiterun. I've already promised to help her, and my character keeps her word and wouldn't betray someone.

besides, I have no more reason to believe those mercs over the woman, and since my character is female, too..........I guess I'll side with the woman.........lol

I think I did too, although there were further complications that I don't quite remember. You have a tonne of gameplay time left X-Knight! :woot:

I think I did too, although there were further complications that I don't quite remember. You have a tonne of gameplay time left X-Knight! :woot:

yeah, after taking a long break from Skyrim ( and trading in and buying back the game ), I just started over last Friday.........lol

btw........is there a way, on the console versions, to respec your perks/skill points after you level up?

I haven't used FAQs much for Skyrim unless I'm hunting for particular items. Like I went to a wiki and found out where all of the dragon priest masks were because I got tired of only having like 3 of them even though I'd already found the altar and knew there were several more.

Yeah, same with Skyrim. Part of the fun in this game, for me, is exploring while trying to figure something out. I do occasionally use my DS, PSP, Phone, or Laptop (which ever's closest at the time, lol) to look up things while I'm gaming on my PS3. Just not quite as much in this game.

White Knight Chronicles 2 however, sooo many items needed from random things to gear up. I was constantly looking up which enemy dropped what, and the fastest way to get it. I swear, I never want to hunt for a crab demon eye + again....

There are several discrepancies in the Redguard woman's story that implies that she is lying.

Oh collectibles. That's something I usually use a guide for.

yeah, after taking a long break from Skyrim ( and trading in and buying back the game ), I just started over last Friday.........lol

btw........is there a way, on the console versions, to respec your perks/skill points after you level up?
Oh nice.

I think that can only be done on pc.

There are several discrepancies in the Redguard woman's story that implies that she is lying.

Do tell...I have so much virtual blood on my hands because of her! :007

So, I finally got to building a house for my Mage guy and was stoked to see the difference between my Nord's house. Instead, I was disappointed; they look, like, the exact same.

As much as I love Hearthfire, it would've been nice to be able to make your houses look totally different across characters. They should've given the ability to build your house out of different materials, like a castle style house out of stone instead of the default log/wood house we have.

My dining room literally looks exactly the same in both houses lol it's stupid. And, the alchemy lab/library/enchanters tower pales in comparison to the DLC houses in Oblivion.

Yeah, Hearthfire was a bit of a disappointment. I thought there'd be a lot more variety than what we got.

There were DLC houses in Oblivion? News to me!

Having different materials for houses would have been a great idea. As it stands the house you can build really suits my Stormcloak Nord Warrior, but wouldn't suit my Assassin Khajiit Mage Thief at all, so the cat doesn't get a house. Also the actual hands-on construction of the building the house wouldn't suit my Khajiit either, so he should be able to pay someone (or order his minions) to do it :D

I wish we could change the builds of the characters as I'd prefer a bulkier version of the Khajit. I want more tiger/lion man than cat man. I don't really use them as sneak type characters, they're just there to look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"