Elder Scrolls V

Meet Charlie...

SXWv6iM.jpg

and his Angels.

DqdPq0a.jpg

It's going to be epic adventure time.

HnO6sjl.jpg

I need to know something. When I defeat Alduin, does that put an end to the Dragon threat? Or are they still roaming around, so I can continue to collect Dragon Souls?

Question, the Block Perks, do they only apply if you're using a shield or can they increase the ability to block with say, Two-Handed weapons?

The Block skill works slightly differently from Oblivion's Block skill.

Having skill in the Block combat art allows the Dragonborn to parry or absorb melee and archery attacks with shields and two-handed weapons. Block with one-handed weapons is also possible if left hand stays unoccupied. Successful blocks reduce damage.

Blocking is not possible while dual wielding weapons, dual casting spells or having a weapon in one hand and a spell in the other. It's not available with bows either, although bows are still able to be used for bashing.

Blocking is not automatic, but equipping a shield gives a bonus to the overall defense rating. Blocking is more reaction-based in Skyrim.

It is possible to block with one-handed weapons and daggers, but they will be significantly less effective than using a shield or two-handed weapon. Additionally, the perks Deflect Arrows and Elemental Protection do not seem to work without using a shield. All other perks will apply to weapon blocking.

Source

I need to know something. When I defeat Alduin, does that put an end to the Dragon threat? Or are they still roaming around, so I can continue to collect Dragon Souls?

Some might attack but others might just do a fly by and just fly away. As Paarthurnax says without Alduin Dragons are free to choose whatever action they want whether it's passiveness or aggression.

Kicked Alduin's ass on the Mountain and thought that'd be it. I'm glad to see how some things are different this run, because I still haven't joined the Stormcloakes or Imperials. So now I have to arrange a short term peace treaty, so I can catch a Dragon.

Btw, a Companion question. What happens if I become a Werewolf before joining the Companions?

This game is already a technical feat but would benefit from future technology more than most. Can't wait to try future games in the series.

Me too...but NOT before FO 4!

I do too, but i hope they drastically alter the world to not be so, concrete, so to speak. The post apocalyptic worlds from the previous fallouts were some of the most dull, and boring worlds that bethesda has created, visually. Ecspcially considering how many post apocalyptic games we have received this gen. The next world for the Fallout game needs to be much more Crysis 3 or The Last of Us than Fallout: New Vegas.

I don't know about Crysis, but The Last of Us didn't have freakin' Nukes dropped all over the place. It kinda should look like it looks.

Alright, 467 hours later I finally defeated Alduin for the first time. When I got back to Skyrim, I felt like Danny Glover at the end of Predator 2.

As always with games like this, I keep starting over making characters. I'll probably get around to actually trying to complete it by next year. :(

I'm not entirely familiar with Fallout lore, but I think one way to do it would be to set it in a region like Pittsburgh (The Pitt, in Fallout lore). There are major cities that weren't hit directly by the bombs. Set it in that region. Though the radiation spread and the change to civilization destroyed those cities, there could still be surrounding areas of the non-hit cities that are more or less, geologically and environmentally sound.

I still have tons to do though. I saved the entire Dragonborn DLC for last, the civil war will probably continue after Alduin's defeat, I might role play to join the companions as a mercenary for hire, because my Dragonborn is looking for a purpose, after the end of the world has been prevented. I'll still be busy for a while.

I'm not entirely familiar with Fallout lore, but I think one way to do it would be to set it in a region like Pittsburgh (The Pitt, in Fallout lore). There are major cities that weren't hit directly by the bombs. Set it in that region. Though the radiation spread and the change to civilization destroyed those cities, there could still be surrounding areas of the non-hit cities that are more or less, geologically and environmentally sound.

Well, there are regions that weren't affected. The Honest Hearts DLC for New Vegas took place in Zion National Park, which was virtually untouched with the exception of Spore Infected Vault Dwellers and Yao Gui.

Sorry, but this takes place after a nuclear war. If a place wasn't really hit all that bad then I don't really wanna play there. Chicago, New York, hell, effin' Detroit would be epic.....Then again, maybe Detroit wouldn't have gotten hit. You can base a game around it as is. :o

Btw, a Companion question. What happens if I become a Werewolf before joining the Companions?

I'm curious about that myself...

I do too, but i hope they drastically alter the world to not be so, concrete, so to speak. The post apocalyptic worlds from the previous fallouts were some of the most dull, and boring worlds that bethesda has created, visually. Ecspcially considering how many post apocalyptic games we have received this gen. The next world for the Fallout game needs to be much more Crysis 3 or The Last of Us than Fallout: New Vegas.

I loved Fallout: New Vegas, minus the bugs :(

I still have tons to do though. I saved the entire Dragonborn DLC for last, the civil war will probably continue after Alduin's defeat, I might role play to join the companions as a mercenary for hire, because my Dragonborn is looking for a purpose, after the end of the world has been prevented. I'll still be busy for a while.

I've started some of the Dragonborn stuff but yeah I'm mostly saving Dawnguard for last because of the freaking vampires attacking all the cities! :cmad:

I actually liked how everything looked in FO 3.

But it's a moot point anyway since most likely they'll change how the world will look by the time the game comes out.

And now...a question to all you Skyrim players here. Why not post a pic of your character? always love to see those.

Since I tried to RP more with this character, I tried to go through a natural evolution.

This was my first properly assembled gear and I pretty much wore that the entire time. I love the feeling of getting your first proper adventure gear together and to look badass for the first time in the game.

Once I joined the Dawnguard, I began to wear their uniform.

And then RPed that I made modifications to the Dawnguard armor, and turned it into my Black Mage armor that I now wear.

I have got to chuckle. I have restarted my PC Skyrim game because I wanted to play as an Argonian or Khajit because playing a human was getting boring. So I decided upon a male Argonian warrior named Drakhanar Shae. Well I'm doing Innocence Lost right now and I had intended to off Grelod using a bow like I always do but I accidentally Fus Ro Dahed her to death. I flung one of the kids but he got back up and was all happy that she had been killed so I guess it's all good.

Oh, and here's a shot of my Argonian character:
2013-09-26_00002_zps4c81673e.jpg

Last edited:
My character: Valravn ( according to Dansh folklore means'Raven of the slain')

And of course i don't go anywhere without Skyrim's poster girl...the one and only Lydia!

Lame! I discovered that there is an Ebony Mail armor in the game. Which is just a sleeker version of the regular Ebony armor. But in order to get it, you have to become Boethiah's champion. F**k you, Daedric Lords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"