Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are these designers of mods so good at this stuff? Shouldn't they be getting programming jobs?

How are these designers of mods so good at this stuff? Shouldn't they be getting programming jobs?

I think some of them have. I believe it was Bethesda who hired some mod creators at one point.

It happens.

Valve hires people from the community all the time. Pretty sure Bethesda has hired people as well. In fact, I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but recently some dude made a total conversion of Skyrim all by himself as a job application for Bethesda.

I think some of them have. I believe it was Bethesda who hired some mod creators at one point.

It happens.

Valve hires people from the community all the time. Pretty sure Bethesda has hired people as well. In fact, I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but recently some dude made a total conversion of Skyrim all by himself as a job application for Bethesda.
Oh that's great. These kind of modders who help the community (rather than those who help people cheat in online games) deserve something tangible in recognition for their efforts & skills. It probably is the best way to show what you can do. Surely does a lot more than just a CV.

By putting in hours learning how to work with the creation kit. Best thing about it is you don't need mad programming skills to work with the creation kit, as long as you're willing to learn it.

And there's also Beth modding community which is hands down, THE best gamers community IMO.They WILL help you in any way they can.The more established modders put this tutorials on the site that you can download, all for free of course. And not only on how to work with the creation kit, but basic programming that you might need for scripting, how to work with Nifskope, Blender,3Ds...you name it.

Okay...I finally have a computer that can handle Skyrim and I have been playing a bit of it. My issue is with this whole keypad control layout. It's pretty unwieldy compared to the PS3 controller style I'm used to. Now I have been trying to figure out how to use said PS3 control on my PC but for the life of me I can't figure out how to configure the darn thing. My PC recognizes it but I just can't figure out how to get it to work. Most of these online tutorials have me so confused.

Okay...I finally have a computer that can handle Skyrim and I have been playing a bit of it. My issue is with this whole keypad control layout. It's pretty unwieldy compared to the PS3 controller style I'm used to. Now I have been trying to figure out how to use said PS3 control on my PC but for the life of me I can't figure out how to configure the darn thing. My PC recognizes it but I just can't figure out how to get it to work. Most of these online tutorials have me so confused.
What are you using? Do you have Motionjoy? Its a set of drivers for DS3. Once you have that installed, choose the Xbox 360 emulation option and your PC will recognize it as a 360 controller and all games with native 360 support will work perfectly with it

By putting in hours learning how to work with the creation kit. Best thing about it is you don't need mad programming skills to work with the creation kit, as long as you're willing to learn it.

And there's also Beth modding community which is hands down, THE best gamers community IMO.They WILL help you in any way they can.The more established modders put this tutorials on the site that you can download, all for free of course. And not only on how to work with the creation kit, but basic programming that you might need for scripting, how to work with Nifskope, Blender,3Ds...you name it.
Sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind having a go at adding some more creatures for Elder Scrolls VI. :word:

Sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind having a go at adding some more creatures for Elder Scrolls VI.

It is. You should try it. It looks intimidating at first, but it's totally do able, even for someone with minimal programming skill.It's only if you're making , say, new NPC/companion that you will need some programming skill to write their scripts etc.That said, the Nexus has this website that teach you basic scripting you'll need to do that.

yay! finally! tell me when you're ready to enter the wonderful world of mods!

I have to say, adding Mods really does enhance this game in so many ways. I have a few custom horses, like Blaze Of Eventide and a Custom armor. Plus I added a Paarthurnax fix so that I don't have to kill him and still be friends with the Blades and Greybeards.

If you have the convenient horses mod, then you should add this one too:

It lets you have as many followers as you want.Your convenient horses mod will let them ride horses as well. Best thing about this mod that even if you have, say, 15 companions, you don't have to take them all with you. You can take one or two and let the rest wait for you at your home.You can change their fighting style, teach them magic (mage Lydia!) order them to loot etc etc...ESSENTIAL mod!

MUCH better race menu. More option.

If you play as female, there's no female custom race better than this.

Check out this guy mods. he changes the appearance of almost every female companions in the game...and words can't do it justice. You have to look for yourself.

A few tips.

-Make periodic copy of your save files. Mods can corrupt your save files. Also your Skyrim INI.Located in the same map as your Skyrim saves.

-I would try to avoid ENB mods. They make your game looks gorgeous,but it will be very unstable.It'l also strain your videocard.

-Don't panic if your Skyrim crashes...par the course for using mods.

-
You will need this. Lotsa mods depends on it.Just extract everything to your Skyrim folder, where the Skyrim EXE is located, so NOT tyhe data folder.

Last edited:
I've had maybe a few issues with my mods gumming up my game and I do save frequently. I uploaded this armor Mod that gives location specific armor to the horses but the frostier Frost Mod is not compatible with it so the palaminos do not have the neat custom armor. I had to remove the better horses Mod too because it wasn't compatible with the horse armor mod as well. Now that I think of it most of my mods are horse based. I even downloaded a few of the custom horses I liked.

Use convenient horses mod. It's much better and more stable.

Have you installed SKSE? it's mandatory or else most of the mods won't work

Wait...you uploaded a mod? you made your first mod?

Where do I get the multiplayer mod?
I saw a video on IGN last night where a guy from IGN was playing co-op Skyrim with an actor. I totally need it!!

This guy Gopher does a lot of great videos on YouTube of Skyrim (and Fallout). He reviews mods thoroughly and also has instructional videos for installing mods, SKSE, ENB, and modding Skyrim.

Anyway, he has a video about 2 Skyrim cinema channels on YouTube.

Well, I'm up to my ninth husband in Skyrim. The bandits won't stand a chance with my army of husbands after them.

I've kind of forgotten but can you have loads of wives/husbands at the same time?

On the PC version in the Steam Workshop there is a Mod for you to marry multiple Followers. I also downloaded a Mod where Bryjolf is marriageble so of course I made him my ninth husband. :D

Oh I have to say the Mod I've enjoyed the most is the one that's a Nexus exclusive that rebuilds Helgen. I think it's called Helgen Reborn. Love having my own private tower to stash stuff in. That and it's nice to have Helgen a functional town and not a bandit infested, smoldering ruin.

Oh, that and I love this Mod that has made Brynjolf a follower as well as marriageable material. He is my current Quest partner and ninth husband.

Oh yeah..Helgen reborn! i have that mod installed but i haven't gotten around to play it yet. How good is it?

By the way....this is one of my all time fav mod

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429//?

It adds TONS of new NPC's in Skyrim. Ranging from townspeople,bards to mercenaries and Thalmor agents.All voiced, with top notch voice acting. All the NPC's offers you more dialoques and most of them got interesting backstories or at the very least got something really interesting to say.

It also adds followers,but they actually have more personalities than most of the vanilla ones, they are also quests aware-which is always a plus-and they have unique comments to different locations!

You should try it.Trust me..it adds SO MUCH to the game.

Oh and try the Vilja companion.Hands down the best mod companion ever made, with tons of options.

Some of these mods should become a part of the actual game.

Is there a mod to be able to take unlimited followers with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"