Elder Scrolls V

Any good mods for PS4 yet? I was thinking of picking this up at some point but I don't see the point if there's nothing new. I already got 100% on PS3 and 360 for it.

aren't all of the mods that are already created for PC, compatible with the PS4 and Xbox One versions though?

External assets aren't allowed on PS4 so I imagine 99% of the mods aren't allowed either.

I guess that means no Randy Savage dragon mod. :(

I was looking at various 'best mods' lists a week or two back and the majority of the ones listed were for PC and XBONE. I suspect this has to do with Microsoft, because far fewer mods were available for PS4 than the other systems.

I was looking at various 'best mods' lists a week or two back and the majority of the ones listed were for PC and XBONE. I suspect this has to do with Microsoft, because far fewer mods were available for PS4 than the other systems.

From what I know, Sony basically said that if you can't use what's already in the game then you can't use the mod. Microsoft just went with 'Sure, whatever. Have fun."

Also there is a limit on the amount of mods you can have on consoles. 1 Gig on PS and 5 on XB I believe. I hear it might increase on the XB.

I already reached my limit and had to remove some mods.(XB)

Are the mods a security risk on console? Is that why Sony aren't as keen on them?

Are the mods a security risk on console? Is that why Sony aren't as keen on them?

I will be honest I am not really sure myself. I did not pay too much attention as I only have a XBO. I think it has to do with Sony's fear of having outside content installed on the device. Perhaps causing a security risk or "cheating" by players. So Sony will only allow Mods that contain material that is already found in the game.

I could be wrong on the reasons I am sure someone else knows for sure.

I will be honest I am not really sure myself. I did not pay too much attention as I only have a XBO. I think it has to do with Sony's fear of having outside content installed on the device. Perhaps causing a security risk or "cheating" by players. So Sony will only allow Mods that contain material that is already found in the game.

I could be wrong on the reasons I am sure someone else knows for sure.

That's what I was thinking but also wasn't sure. If that was the reason or a part of the reason, I don't think they should be criticised for it. Everyone is going to jump on them when there is a security breach after all (like when PSN went offline).

Skyrim Is Headed To The Nintendo Switch. January 12, 2017 . 8:53pm

Bethesda will be bringing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to the Nintendo Switch.

2 comments Read >

Bethesda Softworks confirmed during the Nintendo Switch 2017 presentation that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be headed to the system. Todd Howard appeared in a video to confirm the game would be coming to the system. He noted this is the first time Skyrim will be available portably.

A release date was not announced for the Nintendo Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch & The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

I sort missed this but it add to the article just above

Bethesda has no plans to remake Oblivion or Morrowind; Skyrim Special Edition was a “one-off”

Posted on January 10, 2017
bethesdalogo.jpg

Posted in PC, PS4, Xbox One | Tagged The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Bethesda will probably forever be linked with the Elder Scrolls franchise, but the publisher has spent the better part of a decade branching out beyond the RPG genre. And after launching games like Dishonored, Doom, and Wolfenstein: The New Order, they’ve begun to present themselves to the public as a place for all genres… and high production values. But according to Pete Hines, this desire to move in new directions make it unlikely that Bethesda will ever look to the past to create remakes of Oblivion or Morrowind.
Speaking to Xbox: The Official Magazine (via GamesRadar), Hines said that the Skyrim Special Edition was a “one-off” born out of a very unique set of circumstances:
OXM: You’ve got some big-name games and you’ve never really fallen into the remake culture that a lot of people are getting into. Skyrim Special Edition feels like a one-off. Would you say that’s true, are you more about moving forward?
Hines: Generally speaking, yeah. We did one for Dishonored but that was a unique case where it was a new IP at the very end of the last generation of consoles. So remastering it and bringing it to this gen wasn’t a ton of work and it made a lot of sense given the proximity of those two. Skyrim was more about the work that Bethesda Game Studios had done in the early days of getting ready for Fallout 4 on this generation of consoles – moving the Skyrim engine and doing some work to run it on this generation of consoles just to see how it worked, and so forth, before they started doing all their Fallout stuff. It’s the most recent thing they did.
Instead of remaking past titles, Hines said that Bethesda’s culture is very much focused on creating “something new”:
Hines:But these things take time, it takes effort and manpower. Generally speaking, our approach has usually been that instead of spending all this time on a thing we’ve already made, why don’t we instead spend that effort on something new, or on the next version of that thing?
One of those new things that Bethesda is working on is The Elder Scrolls 6. However, Studio Director Todd Howard said “it’s a very long way off” back in June.

source: http://www.warpzoned.com/

[FONT=&quot]Will it be the Special Edition or something new?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bethesda was one of the biggest surprises when it came to the lineup of third-party developers making games for the Switch. With plans to release their money printing title Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch, people started asking questions. Is it the 2016 Special Edition or the standard edition? Or something entirely different?
The answer is, we don't know. But why is this news? Because when asked directly by Polygon, Skyrim director Todd Howard said that he "can't say".
It could be a port of the 2011 original title, or the remaster made for the newer generation of consoles released last year. But with porting, comes the opportunity to create something new. Howard's response left many speculating on that possibility.
"We love to make games and worlds for you to get lost in, that you can make your own, and never want to put down. Now you don't have to--now you can play Skyrim wherever you want," said Howard during the January Switch event.
This may just be speculation, but his lack of an answer or any details makes it seem like there's more to his answer than just "we don't know yet." The Switch Launches on March 3, but Skyrim is set for a Fall 2017 release.

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
NINTENDONINTENDO SWITCHSKYRIM
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Creation Club announced for Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 3 comments.
All-new content by Bethesda and outside developers.
Creation-Club-Ann-Bethesda.jpg
Bethesda Softworks announced “Creation Club,” a collection of all-new content for both Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, during its E3 2017 press conference. It will launch this summer for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Creation Club will feature new items, abilities, and gameplay created by Bethesda Games Studios and outside development partners including the best community creators. Its content is fully curated and compatible with the main game and official add-ons.
Watch the announcement video below.

[YT]XRkrascT_iM[/YT]

Visit the official website here.

Read More

PC,PlayStation 4,Xbox One,Bethesda Game Studios,Bethesda Softworks,Clips,E3 2017,Fallout 4,RPG,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition,Trailers

also with

Switch
[FONT=&quot]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Switch details, E3 2017 trailer and screenshots[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 17 comments.
First official look at the Switch version.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Skyrim-Switch_06-12-17.jpg
Skyrim-Switch_06-12-17.jpg
Bethesda Softworks released the first details, as well as the E3 2017 trailer and screenshots for the Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim during its E3 2017 press conference. The game is due out this holiday.
Here’s the overview of the game, via Bethesda:
About
Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the epic fantasy from Bethesda Game Studios, arrives for Nintendo Switch. The legendary open-world adventure where you can be anyone and do anything, now allows you to go anywhere – at home on your TV or on the go. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Nintendo Switch includes all-new gameplay features like motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda, plus additional loot unlocked from compatible The Legend of Zelda amiibo figures. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Skyrim also includes all official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
Story
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons.
Key Features

• Epic Fantasy Reborn – Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the gameplay and technology of a virtual world to new heights.
  • Live another life, in another world – Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling, and adventure of The Elder Scrolls is realized like never before.
  • Stunning Graphics and Immersive Gameplay – Skyrim‘s game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields, and ancient dungeons.
  • You Are What You Play – Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The character system allows you to play any way you want and define yourself through your actions.
  • The Legend of Zelda Outfits and Weapons – Tap compatible The Legend of Zelda character amiibo to gain outfits and gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Tap other compatible amiibo to gain additional loot. Compatible amiibo include those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary – The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.
  • Motion Controls – Use all-new motion controls for combat and lockpicking – battle with melee weapons, aim your bow and arrow, and more.
Watch the video below.
[YT]_7980ZPK8Dg[/YT]

View the first screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

Switch,Bethesda Game Studios,Bethesda Softworks,Clips,E3 2017,RPG,Screenshots,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim,Trailers

source:Gematsu

:lmao: The Master Sword, Hyrule shield, and Link tunic look ridiculously out of place in Skyrim. The colors are just such a contrast with the rest of the world around it. It looks absurd. They couldn't have made a variant that is more in place in that world?

As for the paid mods...I will pay full game price for a single PS4 mod that finally removes spiders.

The only thing I don't like about it is the hair (if you call it that).

Did I miss something, or did they not even give a release date?

Last edited:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Gets Its First Footage Running On Nintendo Switch . July 21, 2017 . 1:00am

The Nintendo Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was revealed a while back, but we got ourselves a first look at the game actually running on the console at San Diego Comic-Con 2017.

16 comments Read >

The Nintendo Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was revealed a while back, but we got ourselves a first look at the game actually running on the console at San Diego Comic-Con 2017.

Here’s a look at a first hands-on gameplay via IGN:

[YT]Z5StC_xWiig[/YT]

As well as some first impressions and a look at some gameplay courtesy YouTuber FILIP:
[YT]eu1lZzzVHW0[/YT]
Skyrim on Nintendo Switch features new exclusive features such as motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda, as well as amiibo compatibility.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases for Nintendo Switch this holiday season.

source: [FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Two articles different places

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWS[WATCH] Digital Foundry went hands on with Skyrim for Nintendo Switch Today at 9:28 pm

Today Nintendo made its appearance in Gamescom 2017 at Cologne showing some gameplay of Mario Odyssey, Fifa 18 and...
Read more

[/FONT]
Looking good so far

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today Nintendo made its appearance in Gamescom 2017 at Cologne showing some gameplay of Mario Odyssey, Fifa 18 and other games. But there’s one in particular that caught the attention of the guys at Digital Foundry, and that game was the remastered version of Skyrim.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Richard Leadbetter and John Linneman got 15 minutes to try the game at the show floor and they got very impressed. According to them, the game seems to run at native 720p and locked 30 frames per second in handheld mode. The performance of the game is very good, with perfect frame pacing, no hitching or stuttering during traversal. This makes the game very consistent for a mobile experience.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Keep in mind that they only tried the game in handheld mode. We need to wait for the final version of the game so a full review and analysis can be made, especially in dock mode so we can see how it runs in a TV. Something worth mention is the use of the 4 GB of memory RAM of the console. Skyrim seems to use them at full extent and it could be why the performance is so consistent if we compare it to the last versions of the game.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Lastly, according to Eurogamer, they tried playing the game on an Atom-Based tablet with integrated graphics and “the experience is nothing like as good as this”. So it seems you are going to need a High powered laptop if you want to play Skyrim in another portable device besides the Switch.
So there you have it, so far it’s looking pretty good. There is some loading time between places but nothing that will make you desperate.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can check the full video below.

[YT]WHb5ElEXYCA[/YT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also with
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A huge chunk of Fallout 4 content will be missing from Fallout 4 VR August 23,2017 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bethesda has revealed the release dates of Skyrim VR, Doom VFR, and Fallout 4 VR. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more[/FONT] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
source: Gamezone & EGMnow

Switch
[FONT=&quot]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Switch launches November 17[/FONT]
Published 5 hours ago. 3 comments.

Skyrim-Switch_09-13-17.jpg

The Switch version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will launch for Switch on November 17, Bethesda Softworks announced.
Here’s the overview of the game, via Bethesda:
About
Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the epic fantasy from Bethesda Game Studios, arrives for Nintendo Switch. The legendary open-world adventure where you can be anyone and do anything, now allows you to go anywhere – at home on your TV or on the go. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Nintendo Switch includes all-new gameplay features like motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda, plus additional loot unlocked from compatible The Legend of Zelda amiibo figures. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Skyrim also includes all official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
Story
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons.
Key Features

• Epic Fantasy Reborn – Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the gameplay and technology of a virtual world to new heights.
  • Live another life, in another world – Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling, and adventure of The Elder Scrolls is realized like never before.
  • Stunning Graphics and Immersive Gameplay – Skyrim‘s game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields, and ancient dungeons.
  • You Are What You Play – Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The character system allows you to play any way you want and define yourself through your actions.
  • The Legend of Zelda Outfits and Weapons – Tap compatible The Legend of Zelda character amiibo to gain outfits and gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Tap other compatible amiibo to gain additional loot. Compatible amiibo include those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary – The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.
  • Motion Controls – Use all-new motion controls for combat and lockpicking – battle with melee weapons, aim your bow and arrow, and more.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR PlayStation VR bundle announced for North America[/FONT]
Published 14 hours ago. 14 comments.
Due out on November 17 for $449.99.

Skyrim-PSVR-Bundle_11-06-17.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment America will release a PlayStation VR with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR bundle alongside the release of the game on November 17, the company announced. It will cost $449.99 USD / $579.99 CAD.

The bundle includes a CUH-ZVR2 PlayStation VR system, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, and copy of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, which itself includes the “Dawnguard,” “Hearthfire,” and “Dragonborn” add-ons. It also comes with an updated PlayStation VR demo disc that features demos from 13 PlayStation VR titles.

Watch a new TV spot for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR below.

[YT]sjxRxFXMaYs[/YT]

source: Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"