Elder Scrolls V

it looks much better than what I remember it looking like on the PS3 and 360.

and on the PS3, I remembered it look even worse because there was some weird "blur" texture that they applied to the characters which made the faces look fuzzy/blurry from a distance or something. It's hard to explain, but the PS3 version looked the worse.

The PS4 just blows all of that out of the water. The environment looks so much more lifelike and vibrant, without that "drabness" from the 360/PS3 versions. The character models look pretty much the same with slight visual upgrades.
Cool, that's enough for me right there.

I gotta say this game kills it in the HDR10 department. I was looking at the sky for a solid 5 minutes.

Cool, that's enough for me right there.

yeah. I mean, I can tell the difference.

I think this vid does a good job of showcasing the difference between the PS3 version and PS4.

[YT]2_0bj-JLUYw[/YT]

The woods/forest areas look miles better!

I think this vid does a good job of showcasing the difference between the PS3 version and PS4.

[YT]2_0bj-JLUYw[/YT]

That's the video I was making fun of on the previous page :woot:

I loved Skyrim when I played it but I don't know if I can go back to it now, even with a fresh new coat of paint and (hopefully) runs significantly better. I don't know if I could dump another 150+ hours into it.

I picked up the remaster. And I wish I hadn't. The game runs smoother and load times are faster, but that's really about it. The graphical improvements are barely noticeable (just a crisper PS3 game) and none of the mods have worked for me. It also reminded me just how terrible Bethesda is at animation and voice work. I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim the first time I played them, but it looks like once was enough for me. Oh well.

I loved Skyrim when I played it but I don't know if I can go back to it now, even with a fresh new coat of paint and (hopefully) runs significantly better. I don't know if I could dump another 150+ hours into it.

I picked up the remaster. And I wish I hadn't. The game runs smoother and load times are faster, but that's really about it. The graphical improvements are barely noticeable (just a crisper PS3 game) and none of the mods have worked for me. It also reminded me just how terrible Bethesda is at animation and voice work. I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim the first time I played them, but it looks like once was enough for me. Oh well.

These two posts pretty much sum up my feelings as well. I didn't buy it, and won't -the ability to use mods is appealing, but at the end of the day I had my time with Skyrim. A few hundred hours of greatness and lasting memories. No sense (for me personally) laying down full price all over again.

And even though Fallout 4 was disappointing, I do eagerly await the next Elder Scrolls!

So how much better does it look? I know it might be hard to quantify/describe but I have to ask anyway lol.
The original ran at 720p upscaled. So considering it runs in Native 1080p now, it definitely looks better on that front. Not to mention, several other changes in visuals and solid performance on console, compared to shotty performance on Ps3/360. It's definitely noticeable.
this game supports HDR out of the box, even without the Pro?
Well the HDR feature was free part of that patch earlier in the month. All you really need to enjoy it is a 4K TV with HDR10.
From what I've seen thus far, it still runs like ****. The only reason it's free on PC is there are existing mods that make the game looks better than the alleged remaster so to avoid another ****storm, they gave us the PC version for free.
I guess you haven't looked at much then.

The original ran at 720p upscaled. So considering it runs in Native 1080p now, it definitely looks better on that front. Not to mention, several other changes in visuals and solid performance on console, compared to shotty performance on Ps3/360. It's definitely noticeable.

Well the HDR feature was free part of that patch earlier in the month. All you really need to enjoy it is a 4K TV with HDR10.

I guess you haven't looked at much then.

I do have a 4K HDR tv, but when I check my input to see if HDR is enabled while playing Skyrim, I don't see any indication.

I do have a 4K HDR tv, but when I check my input to see if HDR is enabled while playing Skyrim, I don't see any indication.
I mean, I don't really how to mess with the settings since I don't have a 4K TV, but I do know that you can enable HDR from your PS4 Video Output Settings. I'm not sure if this version of Skyrim supports it just yet, or if Bethesda is releasing a separate patch once the Pro is available, but I'd imagine that you should be able to utilize it now if you have a 4K TV that has the HDR that is compatible with what the PS4 uses.

I mean, I don't really how to mess with the settings since I don't have a 4K TV, but I do know that you can enable HDR from your PS4 Video Output Settings. I'm not sure if this version of Skyrim supports it just yet, or if Bethesda is releasing a separate patch once the Pro is available, but I'd imagine that you should be able to utilize it now if you have a 4K TV that has the HDR that is compatible with what the PS4 uses.

yeah. you can turn HDR on in the PS4 settings, but the game still has to support it.

and right now, I don't think Skyrim supports HDR.

Now, maybe it's different for Benstamania's tv, but on my tv, I did another check and I don't think the game supports HDR - yet.

My tv has an HDR setting that you can set to Auto, On, or Off.

When I tested out Forza Horizon 3, which does support HDR, Auto and On looks the same ( vibrant ) and Off looks duller.

For other non HDR games, and I just checked with Skyrim, On makes the colors oversaturated while Auto and Off look the same.

They'll probably patch in the 4K and HDR support in time for the Pro launch.

Not to be glib but its my understanding that the creation kit is being released this week. Why the hell didn't Bethesda just release it at launch? Its one thing if it were to be released a few weeks after or a month or even months. But if it is ready to be released within five days of launch, it is probably ready to be released at launch.

I swear, Bethesda is slowly killing all the good will they have built for themselves.

so, is there a weight slider bug in Character Creator?

I've noticed that the slider resets back to the lowest setting even after I adjust it.

anyone else experience that?

so, is there a weight slider bug in Character Creator?

I've noticed that the slider resets back to the lowest setting even after I adjust it.

anyone else experience that?

That was the case in the PS3 version. Say I create a character and slide the slider to max build. Then I go to the next set of screens. If i return to the character build slider, it'll have moved to any random location in the slider, but the characters build will still physically be at max. So its nice to know that's still a bug :whatever:

That was the case in the PS3 version. Say I create a character and slide the slider to max build. Then I go to the next set of screens. If i return to the character build slider, it'll have moved to any random location in the slider, but the characters build will still physically be at max. So its nice to know that's still a bug :whatever:

ah, I see. thanks.

so, does the character's build actually reflect/retain the changes you make to weight despite what the slider displays?

Even if the slider changes on its own after you move to the next options, your character's design doesnt change.

So if you move the slider to facial hair 4 and leave it, and the game tweaks and its moved on its own to facial hair 9, your character will still be wearing facial hair 4.

The remaster looks cool, and I definitely want to mess around with the mods. Unfortunately the PS4 is just littered with cheat mods right now. I can't justify picking this up at full price again. Maybe once it drops to $39 or below.

I'm waiting for real mods, so if that never happens, as hyped as I was for this game, no Serana/wife mod, no buy.

In Skyrim: SE, I explored the majority of the map before launching the meatier quests. Then, I proceeded to plow through the majority of the side quests before said narratives. Now, I am working on the Bloodline quest, but am unable to complete it, as having discovered the Castle V. early on, Serena does not do anything, except stare at my character in confusion.

In Skyrim: SE, I explored the majority of the map before launching the meatier quests. Then, I proceeded to plow through the majority of the side quests before said narratives. Now, I am working on the Bloodline quest, but am unable to complete it, as having discovered the Castle V. early on, Serena does not do anything, except stare at my character in confusion.

Classic Bethesda!

That good ole Bethesda jank.

Any good mods for PS4 yet? I was thinking of picking this up at some point but I don't see the point if there's nothing new. I already got 100% on PS3 and 360 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"