Hawkeye Episode 6: So This is Christmas? (Spoiler Discussion)

xkxEJXp.jpeg

Kingpin survived there, too. He's fine. He probably just needs a new shirt.

But it has to be the same kind.

Florence Pugh was such a powerhouse in the second half of this season. It's incredible how much range she has within her performance and this show really made me love Yelena more overall.

Man did she steal the show IMO, but honestly, I thought pretty much everyone got their moments to shine in this episode including D'Onofrio as Kingpin who hasn't lost a step in the role ever since DD ended.

It was great seeing him back, but I'm not going to lie I am somewhat disappointed that it looks like he's return to the greater MCU is pretty much over which means we won't see him meet up with Matt Murdock again or Peter Parker/Spider-Man which was something I was really looking forward to after NWH.

I know it makes sense story wise, but still I wanted to see so much more from that character. I have to say though that I really enjoyed episodes 4 through 6 enough that I'd be down to watch a Season 2.

That post credits scene was lame asf though and a complete waste of time.

Can someone please reassure me that Kingpin isn’t dead?

Because that would be such a monumental waste. I’m going to be so angry if that’s the case.

Florence Pugh was such a powerhouse in the second half of this season. It's incredible how much range she has within her performance and this show really made me love Yelena more overall.

Man did she steal the show IMO, but honestly, I thought pretty much everyone got their moments to shine in this episode including D'Onofrio as Kingpin who hasn't lost a step in the role ever since DD ended.

It was great seeing him back, but I'm not going to lie I am somewhat disappointed that it looks like he's return to the greater MCU is pretty much over which means we won't see him meet up with Matt Murdock again or Peter Parker/Spider-Man which was something I was really looking forward to after NWH.

I know it makes sense story wise, but still I wanted to see so much more from that character. I have to say though that I really enjoyed episodes 4 through 6 enough that I'd be down to watch a Season 2.

That post credits scene was lame asf though and a complete waste of time.
He's not dead. There is like zero chance he's dead. That was straight from the comics. Kingpin's going to beating a lot of things into the ground for years to come.

Last edited:
He's not dead. There is like zero chance he's dead. That was straight from the comics and Matt is back proper. Kingpin's going to beating a lot of things into the ground for years to come.

My dream of D'Onofrio whooping the living hell out of Tom Holland for 125 minutes will never die.

My dream of D'Onofrio whooping the living hell out of Tom Holland for 125 minutes will never die.

I mean...there's always Into the Spider-Verse:

He literally Donkey Kongs Peter to death.

Kingpin's role in this whole series was rushed and poorly executed from top to bottom.

Agreed.

I would have preferred they place the Daredevil Vol 2 storylines out of this show and held off till Echo or Daredevil. There was plenty to use from the Fraction run. Maya did not seem as crucial to the writers here as I thought she would.

Agreed.

I would have preferred they place the Daredevil Vol 2 storylines out of this show and held off till Echo or Daredevil. There was plenty to use from the Fraction run. Maya did not seem as crucial here as I thought she would.

Maya was more or less an afterthought in this episode. Too many subplots. Too many characters for just six episodes.

So is Marvel Netflix technically canon? I'm confused.

Can someone please reassure me that Kingpin isn’t dead?

Because that would be such a monumental waste. I’m going to be so angry if that’s the case.

He's only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

The Kingpin story was here to reintroduce him, and I think it did that very well. He's still the force of nature he always was, and gave Kate instant creditability in here being able to beat him. Moreover, it sets up the criminal underworld in New York, which is probably going to be vital to the TV shows and a certain webbed superhero going forward.

Was ticked at the kingpin final scene but if u dont see the body then its a possibility he survived lets hope

Got a agents of shield fan boy at work that finally realized the show is not cannon can't help but to lol at him been telling him for years to let thst dream go

I’m confused about Kingpin. Does he have powers? How did he survive getting hit by a car?

Yelena is very quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite MCU characters. She was fantastic here.

After a very "meh" first half, this series really redeemed itself with the last couple episodes for me. WandaVision is still easily my favorite of the D+ series so far, but this one's a solid second.

And of course Kingpin ain't dead. Come on y'all, it's like some of you are new to this funny book stuff or something. :funny:

Yelena is very quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite MCU characters. She was fantastic here.

It's like she said, she can't help being likeable. Now they just need to announce the Black Widow & Hawkeye film trilogy/Disney+ series/video game/Disneyland attraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"