Hawkeye Episode 3: Echoes (Spoiler Discussion)

Hemsworth and Ruffalo have said that they want to be in the MCU as long as Kevin Feige still wants them.
Makes sense money good, they seem to get placed in fun environments.
Besides Thor I am pretty sure all the other blockbusters that Chris mains in have bombed.
Mark seems to like smaller movies so MCU is the bigger thing he gets to do.

I got a prediction on the Ronin costume at the end of the series:

if it's not used by Maya when she turns face to fight organized crime, it will be obtained by Val for someone on her team to use
I doubt it. There’s nothing special about the costume. I don’t understand why people think Ronin is back when people at the auction knew that the costume was for sale, so it really could be anyone under there.

I doubt it. There’s nothing special about the costume. I don’t understand why people think Ronin is back when people at the auction knew that the costume was for sale, so it really could be anyone under there.

It was an underground auction for the elite. Remember them saying something about not saying where the Triceratops skull came from. Therefore the general population would have no knowledge of it prior to the explosion. After the explosion it's not like there's going to be an exact accounting made public either. Also given the news cycle's love for jumping to conclusions right off the bat it's highly possible that they'd play up Ronan pictures to get viewers.

I do agree though about there being nothing special about the costume. Other than it being recognizable as Ronan. Clint stashed it in a random train station locker, so really it doesn't even have to appear again.

Eh... The Ronin suit is gonna play into this some more I'm guessing. It isn't just inciting incident macgiffin. This episode ends with Clint being menaced by his own sword.

His time as Ronin and its place in the story isn't done yet. Especially given the hop scotch nature of that identity in the comics I do wager multiple characters in the MCU will get the suit and use the name.

The identity will also be key in the "clearing" or not of Clint's name so he can rest easy with his family.

I think that Echo ultimately using the identity is not out of the question. I am leaning towards Clint NOT being the one that killed her father. She could use the Ronin as a means to figure that out and mete out poetic justice to whomever is really behind it. I think it is telling that we didn't get confirmation one way or the other it was Clint that did the deed.

As someone who pays more attention to the story and character development in the MCU rather than CGI, I thought both the story and character development in Hawkeye has been great so far.

Aren't the Tracksuit Mafia pretty much dullards in the comics? If so, the MCU versions of the characters are true to form.
One of my favorite bits inthe first two episodes is when Clint Mentions the Tracksuit Mafia to his wife and she says "Those Idiots?" SPOT ON! Great to have Linda back, btw.

Eh... The Ronin suit is gonna play into this some more I'm guessing. It isn't just inciting incident macgiffin. This episode ends with Clint being menaced by his own sword.

His time as Ronin and its place in the story isn't done yet. Especially given the hop scotch nature of that identity in the comics I do wager multiple characters in the MCU will get the suit and use the name.

The identity will also be key in the "clearing" or not of Clint's name so he can rest easy with his family.

I think that Echo ultimately using the identity is not out of the question. I am leaning towards Clint NOT being the one that killed her father. She could use the Ronin as a means to figure that out and mete out poetic justice to whomever is really behind it. I think it is telling that we didn't get confirmation one way or the other it was Clint that did the deed.
It was somebody in a Ronin costume.
Until I have evidence to the contrary, my money is on Jack.
After all, he does know his way around a sword.

I just can’t buy that someone like Hawkeye who knows he’s losing his hearing wouldn’t try to learn how to read lips. It just seems like a huge disadvantage in a battle.

I’m watching this show out of loyalty to the brand. Renner and Steinfeld are great but story wise this is boring. I’m surprised the actress playing Echo is getting her own show. She seems to only have one facial expression, which is constant scowl. Unless Daredevil makes a lot of appearances, I’ll be skipping that series.
At the moment, Clint appears to dealing with his disability somewhat reluctantly.
That might change.

Something will happen to make her turn face. Maybe she finds out that it was Kazi under the Ronin outfit on orders by Fist to kill her father?
Kazi? Hadn't thought of that.
Good Guess.

the title character killing the father of Marvels next series hero would be too dark for a MCU (Christmas) series.
It was sure someone else who killed Maya’s father in the Ronin costume. Could be Kazi or Swordsman

the title character killing the father of Marvels next series hero would be too dark for a MCU (Christmas) series.
It was sure someone else who killed Maya’s father in the Ronin costume. Could be Kazi or Swordsman

If Maya is to eventually become a good guy, it would have to be Kazi, although that could change.

It was somebody in a Ronin costume.
Until I have evidence to the contrary, my money is on Jack.
After all, he does know his way around a sword.

So what we spend the rest of the series learning how Clint got the suit then? Swordsman got dusted and Clint just picked up the suit? Then Swordsman saw the auction as a means to get his Ronan sword back?

What if it was Kingpin in the Ronin suit so that it makes him Maya's father's killer like in the comics? :o

So what we spend the rest of the series learning how Clint got the suit then? Swordsman got dusted and Clint just picked up the suit? Then Swordsman saw the auction as a means to get his Ronan sword back?

1. Ronin, not Ronan.

2. I don't think Jack had the ID before, not impossible but unlikely. Him, or Maya or Yelena putting it on and taking action with Clint in plain view or say Jack using the ID and dying, again while Clint is in clear view will help to keep Mr. Barton's secret and protect his family.

3. I think Jack, from his interest in the sword and what we saw of his exchange with Armand was planning on killing his uncle all along and was hoping to use Ronin as his cover. "Oh, my poor dead uncle killed by that masked vigilante who preyed on criminal scum... Such a shame Ronin was so mysterious and disappears so easily and yet conveniently left his sword here as evidence huh?"

In any case the idea that we are done with the costume in this story would appear short sighted. Literally this episode opened with EVEN MORE Ronin stuff and it's the driving force currently for a character getting her own spin off.

What if it was Kingpin in the Ronin suit so that it makes him Maya's father's killer like in the comics? :o
tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

Maybe Swordsman is the mentor of Hawkeye like in the Comics and Ronin took his costume, because of honouring him or hating him (if they ended their friendship)

Enjoyable episode, Kate could be a really annoying character but Steinfeld brings a charm and youthful nativity to her you can't help but love.

Bit more action this time also, but some terrible green screen along with it.

Not familiar with Echo from the comics and can't for the life of me work out who her Uncle is :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"