Hawkeye Episode 4: Partners, Am I Right? (Spoiler Discussion)

I thought this was another solid episode. The character stuff didn't hit as well as last week, the dialogue and directing was a little too stiff and awkward, but the action at the end was cool. Curious to see how this is all resolved. Two episodes might not be enough time to tie up all the loose ends.

So did they actually call the cop who was a LARPer Bombshell? I don't recall them mentioning that. I do know that she mentioned her LARP name.

So did they actually call the cop who was a LARPer Bombshell? I don't recall them mentioning that. I do know that she mentioned her LARP name.
She mentioned that her bag, given to her by her same sex partner, had Bombshell written on it. Why she didn't want to give it up. It was very personal.

Kate’s mom asking Clint to forget the case because she’s worried about her daughter’s safety. Doesn’t come off as fishy as all.

She mentioned that her bag, given to her by her same sex partner, had Bombshell written on it. Why she didn't want to give it up. It was very personal.
Another to add to Disney's slowly expanding rolodex of minors character who name dros their partner of the same gender who's never seen because the character is peripheral already as it is.

Kate’s mom asking Clint to forget the case because she’s worried about her daughter’s safety. Doesn’t come off as fishy as all.
She's been sus since the first scene of the series. She even argued with the dead guy in the first episodes. It's pretty obvious. :funny:

Seriously. If they're trying to make us think she "means well" and she's "innocent" they're doing a bad job of it :funny:

Okay, I must be taking crazy pills, because that was a great episode.

-The moment with Kate watching Jack flirt and be playful with her mom was a great humanizing moment. Reminds you that, whether villains or not, they are still people. People who make terrible choices and actions, but still people.

-The entire scene, from Kate and Clint celebrating Christmas to Clint’s dialogue, was solid. Renner is really good at understated, emotional acting and the scene of him talking about Natasha’s importance to him and how he dealt with the trauma of the Blip is a great example of that. He’s really good at playing someone with this mask of nonchalance, but barely being able to hold it together when he has to reach into himself for something that he doesn’t want to bring out into the open, with the veneer slightly cracking but not completely giving way, and then back to casual mode. Great stuff.

-Some hints in this episode of Laura possibly having a past life. Wonder if we’ll get to see more of that expanded upon in future MCU stuff, or if that’s it.

-Cool seeing Yelena again. Heard a bit of her theme at the end. Wonder if we’ll see her again before this season is over. I mean, can never have enough Florence Pugh in anything.

While I think the last episode was overall better paced and written, this was definitely great and had some really great emotional moments and downtime.

Next week, episode 5. Wonder if a certain head of organized crime will finally make his debut. :o

Two episodes left and I'm still waiting for this show to have a real plot. Heck...we've now moved past the "Ronin" stuff and its now about getting a watch that is significant because...why??? The villains obviously know of its importance, so it cant be too big of a secret. My guess is that it ties to Clint's wife being a SHIELD agent (and possibly Mockingbird)...but their interest was in Ronin, not Clint...so they ignored the Ronin stuff in favor of the watch? If not his wife then they are introducing YET ANOTHER little thread into the show?

And the mom is probably evil...but NOT connected to the other villains?

Yelena being brought in just muddies the water. I love the character...but it feels like a side mission in a show that is already nothing but side missions.

Also, Kate is a moron.

I'm going to keep watching...and there's things I enjoy...but I feel like the plot of this show could have been done in 90 minutes.

I'm glad that Natasha is playing a role in this. I'm still smarting over the lack of a proper funeral for her so it's nice to see the show throwing her some love.

Whose Rolex is it? I thought at first it was one of the time traveling bracelets but it's clearly not.

Also, what year is this supposed to be? Late 2020s?

I'm glad that Natasha is playing a role in this. I'm still smarting over the lack of a proper funeral for her so it's nice to see the show throwing her some love.

Whose Rolex is it? I thought at first it was one of the time traveling bracelets but it's clearly not.

Also, what year is this supposed to be? Late 2020s?

Christmas 2024

Another great episode. Really outstanding character work building to a great fight scene. There's a lot of balls in the air on this one. Hope they can bring them all together properly in the final two episodes.

Hmm, the watch being Laura's would be more payoff within the series itself rather than it belonging to another Avenger. So I think that's quite likely too. Still don't really feel how that would line up well with it being stored in the Avengers compound and sought after by the tracksuits, but we'll see I guess.

I'm going to keep watching...and there's things I enjoy...but I feel like the plot of this show could have been done in 90 minutes.
Or in a 2 hour movie just like WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki. But I guess Disney+ needs weekly new content to keep their subscribers...

Laura Barton knew exactly what the watch was and suddenly starts speaking German so the kids don't hear about it. So...the wife is an ex-spy/SHIELD agent? Ex-Superhero? Who else's identity would Clint be trying to protect related to the rolex?

Secondly, why did Tracksuit Mafia want the rolex anyway? That's what they were actually searching for in the first episode.

They've set up a lot to wrap up in just two episodes. Not sure how they do this smoothly. I could really do without seeing the LARPers again.

I find it very suspicious that Kate's aunt owns "Thanos was right" mugs.

Hmm, the watch being Laura's would be more payoff within the series itself rather than it belonging to another Avenger. So I think that's quite likely too. Still don't really feel how that would line up well with it being stored in the Avengers compound and sought after by the tracksuits, but we'll see I guess.

The watch is such a confusing McGuffin. My thought was as well that it was related to Laura, but then why was it at the Avengers compound, as you said? Did Nick Fury have it and just leave it there in Age of Ultron?

Laura knows exactly what it is. But the Tracksuit Mafia knows about it as well. They weren't after the Ronin suit and sword. They were specifically after the Rolex. That someone showed up wearing the Ronin suit at the auction was a shock to them.

Laura Barton knew exactly what the watch was and suddenly starts speaking German so the kids don't hear about it. So...the wife is an ex-spy/SHIELD agent? Ex-Superhero? Who else's identity would Clint be trying to protect related to the rolex?

Likely ex SHIELD, possibly Mockingbird.

Secondly, why did Tracksuit Mafia want the rolex anyway? That's what they were actually searching for in the first episode.

Maybe Maya - or Uncle? - found out that there was a watch with a personal inscription up for (black market) auction along with the Ronin suit?

I dont think it is all that sus. TWR is probably the MCU version of MAGA.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Laura being ex-Shield agent, possibly MCU’s Mockingbird. The chances of them going into her backstory are pretty slim, but I would welcome it.

With Echo, it is a bit risky to have someone who has never acted before playing the role, but what were the odds that there were 2 Native American actresses who were deaf in the auditions? I am not sure who else they would have cast that was Native American and deaf. She most likely would have been like Alaqua Cox except maybe with at least experience in school plays maybe?

Explains why she went to Florida for vacation. :o

More Yelena is coming. :hrt:

Christmas really has come early this year.
Who is the woman Yelena is fighting? Is this Sharon?!
That could be possible. Could be another way to bring in Powerbroker and Valentina stuff. Possibly more set up for a future Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts project?

Last edited:
Likely ex SHIELD, possibly Mockingbird.

Maybe Maya - or Uncle? - found out that there was a watch with a personal inscription up for (black market) auction along with the Ronin suit?

Clearly whoever handled the salvage and clean-up of the compound did a terrible job.

Exactly why it is sus.

Clint's wife being Bobbi Morse, with Laura being her cover up name, would be awesome and I love me some more Linda Cardellini.

More Yelena is coming. :hrt:

Who is the woman Yelena is fighting? Is this Sharon?!

Trailer editing can make things look so wacky. It's made to look like Clint shoots two arrows that transform into a bottle of sriracha in midair lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"