Hawkeye Episode 4: Partners, Am I Right? (Spoiler Discussion)

episode was ehh to me, seemed very much like it was just a set up episode. It was on the shorter side which was good because it did not have a drag on feeling.
I still feel like Kate's mom is involved and just possibly tying the finances to Jack.
Only 2 episodes left and they have Jack, Echo, and now Yelena. Echo has her own show so they won't resolve everything. I don't think Yelena will have a clear conclusion they may just convince not to kill Clint at this time.

I wouldn't mind if Laura was an ex-SHIELD agent. It would certainly make her tolerance for all of the b.s. that comes with Clint's line of work more believable.
I would think that is how they met, maybe not a full on the ground Shield Agent but she worked behind the scenes or communications.

Looks like you didn't watch Black Widow! Val, from The Falcon and Winter Soldier, hired Yelena
What DarthSkywalker said doesn't conflict with the Black Widow post credit scene. It could be something like this:

Kate's mom contacts Val on the phone saying she needs Clint taken care of.
That same day, Val finds Yelena and tells her about her new assignment (the BW scene)
Yelena goes after Clint the following night

Val is the boss, Yelena is the employee, Eleanor is the client

Looks like you didn't watch Black Widow! Val, from The Falcon and Winter Soldier, hired Yelena

The watch belonged to Iron Man, who died in Avengers Endgame, and Clint probably attended his funeral
Yeah, that's the idea. Val shows up with a job. Where did this job come from? Well that's his theory on where it came from.

Not sure that lines up with what Clint says. He says:

"A watch. Vintage Rolex. Belongs to someone I used to work with.

[...]

Been out of the game a long time but their identity still tied to that watch.

[And if the track suits find out about it?]

It would blow their cover."

Not sure there's any present tense cover to blow for the dead man who revealed his identity about 20 minutes into having one. Not saying it has to be Cap, it's just a theory. I liked the Iron Man gauntlet watch one, but I'm not sure that quite works with the new info.

Last edited:
A little more dramatic that the other three episodes but still a good episode.

While I really love some bits of this whole series, there are enough scenes who feels off for me.
The directing and editing is really not good here.

I would think that is how they met, maybe not a full on the ground Shield Agent but she worked behind the scenes or communications.
It makes sense. It didn't really cross my mind before because we knew so little about her. I just assumed they were high school sweethearts or something.

Read an theory online that the watch is Laura's and has an inscription that ties her to Clint - wedding date info, maybe? That's better than any idea I had.

I wouldn't mind if Laura was an ex-SHIELD agent. It would certainly make her tolerance for all of the b.s. that comes with Clint's line of work more believable.

That could be interesting. I hope that is the case.

The show is improving now and I liked this latest episode. Good character work, banter, emotion in the first 20 mins and then an interesting finale.

Yes, I like that - would all fit together nicely.

Good episode again and its moving along nicely but also has some really nice moments that are slower but the scenes with Kate making an Xmas for Clint and his PTSD moments are really stand out and adds a lot to the series. The action was a little choppy at the end but it was fun enough and some nice surprises thrown in.

You can tell Clint is warming to Kate but he is clearly worried of another BW situation developing and losing another person close to him so is now being ultra cautious of having a young untrained, person around now hired assassins are in the game. Final two episodes should be a lot of fun, not a show thats going to win any awards but its all easy watching and the two leads are so damn good in their rolls.

Good episode again and its moving along nicely but also has some really nice moments that are slower but the scenes with Kate making an Xmas for Clint and his PTSD moments are really stand out and adds a lot to the series. The action was a little choppy at the end but it was fun enough and some nice surprises thrown in.

You can tell Clint is warming to Kate but he is clearly worried of another BW situation developing and losing another person close to him so is now being ultra cautious of having a young untrained, person around now hired assassins are in the game. Final two episodes should be a lot of fun, not a show thats going to win any awards but its all easy watching and the two leads are so damn good in their rolls.
I was impressed that there was no action in the first half of the episode and it didn't feel like any was needed. Really enjoyed all of those scenes.

Also, I feel like if Wilson Fisk showed up in this episode, it would have taken away from Yelena's appearance and overshadowed it.

That wouldn't make any sense given Black Widows post credit scene. Unless somehow Val is working for Kate's mom, which I doubt.
If she's Madame Masque, which I think she is, I feel like that's very likely the case. Either working for or with.

That's a good theory. Everyone assumed it was like an Iron Man gauntlet or something in the first episode, but I like this idea much more.

Also, I noticed the cop LARPer who retrieved the arrows is a minor Hawkeye villain from the comics (Bombshell). Probably just an easter egg, but could be interesting to see if she ever turns bad.
Oh nice, didn't know that.

Also, I feel like if Wilson Fisk showed up in this episode, it would have taken away from Yelena's appearance and overshadowed it.
Yeah, no need for him yet. Still time :cwink:

Expecting Character posters for Eleanor and Jack. Not sure if there will be any for the LARPers though.

hmmm....if Daredevil and Kingpin are going to be integrated further into the MCU, might we see Matt's NYPD friend?

Brett Mahoney | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom
No idea what the plan is on using supporting characters from the Netflix shows but I would be fine if they wanted to bring him in.

Glad to see Yelena, even if the episode was telegraphing she was about to appear every 20 seconds. Maya feels like she was inserted in rewrites of this episode. It would've been much smoother with just Yelena in the apartment. Or maybe it's the editing, pacing, idk. It just felt kinda messy to me.

Really enjoyed the episode, I'm digging Clinta vibe. The guy lost his family for 5 years, went on a killing spree and then saw his friend die when he was about to sacrifice himself. I can see why he is restraint.

Loved the Christmas scene and bond between Kate and himself and how he opened up about Natasha and being Ronin.

The rooftoop fight was also pretty exciting and loved how it mirrored the scene in Vormir with Kate hanging. I think I even heard the same music playing in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"