Hawkeye Episode 5: Ronin (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last week on Hawkeye:

people were trying to act like anything else actually mattered more then these two's unbridled desire to... form a partnership. Let's go with that.

NJyqyqi.gif

rnSde0M.gif

And now time for more Sapphic Christmas adventures in, Ronin.

412rvkV.gif

- That was a very cool way to show us the results of returning from the blip.

- Yelena's dress sense is somehow worse and better. Same with her taste in food.

- Kate and Yelena will have many adopted children.

- Yelena is trying her best to live The Americans' American Dream.

- Perfect use of Charlie Brown Christmas music.

- Yelena loves dogs. :atp:

- Only a 3.8 GPA Kate? Shame.

- This is the best scene in of the MCU on Disney+. By a lot.

- "That was very Russian." :lmao:

- Exactly how Snow thinks girl nights should end. With the threat of violence.

- Yelena uses her "fall of building tool" like Batman uses his grapple gun.

- This is how Grills is going to end up dead. :(

- Kate's phone spamming Clint's voice mail was 5 Kate's worth of cute.

- Now that's how you "deliver a message".

- I really like the Clint and Laura scenes. They are always so good.

- The fight scenes have been much better this episode. Really well shot imo.

- I am loving the lingering scars ala Fraction. I just need someone's nose to get taped.

- How could you do that to her Russian Jon Snow? :argh:

- Fisk is like a Yeti. You can't get an unblurry of him.

- Oh look, the mom is evil and hired Yelena. Who could have seen that ? :o

- He really is a mean one.

That was an awesome episode. Best of the show by far, and maybe my favorite episode of the Disney+ era so far. I am fully back on board for the finale.

Last edited:
That was a very cool way to show us the results of returning from the blip.

Yeah, it wasn't quite as clear in WandaVision because Monica was asleep at the time but because Yelena was awake we can see that the Snap and Blip seems almost instantaneous from the perspective of the victims. I'm surprised we don't get a lot more examples of people getting screwed up by something this jarring.

Yeah, it wasn't quite as clear in WandaVision because Monica was asleep at the time but because Yelena was awake we can see that the Snap and Blip seems almost instantaneous from the perspective of the victims. I'm surprised we don't get a lot more examples of people getting screwed up by something this jarring.
It's a good point, but we are still young in the post-return age. We will probably see more of it.

Disney+ is going to make watching all this stuff in order a whole lot easier.

Young Avengers is going to be so awesome once they get around to making it.

I love that they used such a low-res image for such a dramatic reveal. This universe has holograms and sentient AIs, but Yelena is out here using a Motorola Q from 2008.

Yelena was showstopper again. Her interaction with Kate Bishop was spot on. I love how she made herself both pleasant and intimating at the same time. She got her message across perfectly.

So it appears that Jack is a patsy to Elenor. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Clint is dealing with so much and yet he has Laura as an anchor which is spot on brilliant in showing where Hawkeye strength comes from. I was thrilled to see him as Ronin again although this time less filled with a vendetta of vengeance.

Welcome to the MCU KINGPIN

Yelena leaked the Kingpin

Loved Yelena and Kate interaction, following this series and once they get past the whole trying to kill Clint thing, I can see them become best friends.

Laura is definitely a keeper, loved their interactions. I hope to see more of her and her past explored

Clint scene in the memorial speaking to Natasha was powerful. Jeremy gets overlooked but he can deliver those punch to the gut moments

Ronin preying and taking out the TSM was super cool, great fighting sequence

Maya rides off into her spinoff.

Was Yelena threatening Kate or did she take her advice? Is she having second thoughts on her mission to kill Clint. That is one interaction/confrontation I'm looking forward to seeing.

Is Maya going to jump ship against the kingpin? Hope we get some scenes with him next week.

What an underwhelming, anticlimactic reveal.

Also, what happened to the Rolex? Didn't Kate have it? I didn't see it change hands after she pocketed it in episode 4.

They are SO F'NG WRONG for ending this episode the way they did.

Kingpin is officially in the MCU yall.
smiling-sarcastic.gif

Loved this episode, but the music! From Charlie Brown, to Run DMC and ending it with You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch, it was all so dope.

What an underwhelming, anticlimactic reveal.

Also, what happened to the Rolex? Didn't Kate have it? I didn't see it change hands after she pocketed it in episode 4.

Yeah, kind of wasted TBH. I felt like we've all seen this coming for a few eps, so would've definitely hit harder to have him show up or something. A blurry photo is like... "Yeah, we know... But why?" haha. They're REALLY gonna make us wait for this haha

Best episode of the series for me so far. Yelena was the one who made it the best (the reveal at the end was also up there but let’s face it, we all saw it coming). I’m going to be rewatching that Kate and Yelena scene a lot on YouTube. I was both intimidated and slightly turned on by her veiled threats.

The watch thing that Vile brought up is jarring to me I totally forgot thst cause of the awesomeness that us Yelena threating Kate over Mac and Cheese but that an ill oversite. Did she drop it in the roof and Maya picked it up

I guess I'll take a blurry shot of the big man but would have been better to see him actually meeting Eleanor and cut to black

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"