Hawkeye Episode 4: Partners, Am I Right? (Spoiler Discussion)

Two episodes left and I'm still waiting for this show to have a real plot. Heck...we've now moved past the "Ronin" stuff and its now about getting a watch that is significant because...why??? The villains obviously know of its importance, so it cant be too big of a secret. My guess is that it ties to Clint's wife being a SHIELD agent (and possibly Mockingbird)...but their interest was in Ronin, not Clint...so they ignored the Ronin stuff in favor of the watch? If not his wife then they are introducing YET ANOTHER little thread into the show?

And the mom is probably evil...but NOT connected to the other villains?

Yelena being brought in just muddies the water. I love the character...but it feels like a side mission in a show that is already nothing but side missions.

Also, Kate is a moron.

I'm going to keep watching...and there's things I enjoy...but I feel like the plot of this show could have been done in 90 minutes.

Have you considered that the point of the series might not be 'plot' in the first place, but *story*?

Clint's wife being Bobbi Morse, with Laura being her cover up name, would be awesome and I love me some more Linda Cardellini.

Wouldn’t make Agents of Shields fans happy, which would definitely make me happy. Tired of AoS fans putting that show on a pedestal and proclaiming it as the pinnacle of the MCU

I mean, I really liked the show, but come on. It’s not that good.

I heard the Ghost Rider season was actually legimately good.

It was! The producers wisely broke the season into three major arcs to avoid the filler you tend to get with full season superhero programming. And each of the three arcs - Ghost Rider, LMD and Agents of Hydra - were very well done. I think it stands up with the best of the Marvel Studios and Netflix TV shows.

There were 3 seasons after that.

I know. I was very disappointed in the Season 5, which ignored the structure which worked so well the prior year. And I bailed on Season 6.

Probably the best episode so far for me, lots set up for the last two episodes I hope they can wrap it all up well.

Clint's wife being Bobbi Morse, with Laura being her cover up name, would be awesome and I love me some more Linda Cardellini.

It also might explain why she didn't go to New York with the kids.

Also, she was friends with Nat and Nat knew of her.

Last edited:
It also might explain why she didn't go to New York with the kids.

Also, she was friends with Nat and Nat knew of her.

It honestly makes too much sense that it'll be a letdown if it ISNT true.

Have you considered that the point of the series might not be 'plot' in the first place, but *story*?
Sure...but its meandering as all heck. And if it DOES all somehow tie together...then...eh...thats some coincidence.

Now I like this series a lot, but I still think Loki is better because Loki didn't have so much to wrap up as Hawkeye does.

Now I like this series a lot, but I still think Loki is better because Loki didn't have so much to wrap up as Hawkeye does.

Loki was tighter and more focused IMO. I mean it did have its lows, but I think once they got to episode 4 they really found the show's footing.

How come the cop was prepared to break the law and tamper with evidence when a random stranger asked them? They didn't know Kate Bishop even though she claimed to be Hawkeye's partner. And even if it were Hawkeye himself who asked, why was the cop still prepared to do that? Was it because she was with her LARPer buddies? If she had been by herself or on the job, would it have been the same response?

If Laura did turn out to be Mockingbird, that would be the final nail in the coffin of Agents of SHIELD.

I didn't realise it was Yelena who was attacking Hawkeye. I knew she was going to appear, but wasn't thinking of her at the time and thought it might be Kate's mother disguised, or even Jack. I was looking forward more to a Kingpin cameo than Yelena. I don't know if there's even enough time to resolve the Yelena subplot (and it really is a subplot).

How come the cop was prepared to break the law and tamper with evidence when a random stranger asked them? They didn't know Kate Bishop even though she claimed to be Hawkeye's partner. And even if it were Hawkeye himself who asked, why was the cop still prepared to do that? Was it because she was with her LARPer buddies? If she had been by herself or on the job, would it have been the same response?

The corruption of the NYPD is probably the most realistic thing in this show.

An odd episode. While the last episode was action heavy, I wouldn't exactly call it an emotionally heavy episode needing a breather episode this one ended up being. I did enjoy Echo showing up, as I wondered how that balance was going to end up with them advertising Yelena showing up. And as much as I enjoy the Clint and Kate chemistry, it is becoming clearer and clearer that they are creating shortcuts in order to fit in more down time with those two characters. I can already see the entirely forced way they are going to rush Yelena making peace with Clint while simultaneously allowing all of them to spend Christmas together, not to mention taking out the big bad and getting Echo to reconsider her position.

The parallel between Clint and Natasha to Kate and Yelena also annoyed, even if I will enjoy the fruits of that bit.

The Avengers just recently saved the entire world, retroactively. Pretty much every person on the planet has friends and loved ones who they had lost, mourned, and are now alive again, because of the Avengers. Frankly, it stretches plausibility that more people *don't* drop whatever they are doing to do whatever favor an Avenger asks ( *looks pointedly at Falcon & Winter Soldier* ).

wonder if they release a Yelena character poster today…

Last edited:
The Avengers just recently saved the entire world, retroactively. Pretty much every person on the planet has friends and loved ones who they had lost, mourned, and are now alive again, because of the Avengers. Frankly, it stretches plausibility that more people *don't* drop whatever they are doing to do whatever favor an Avenger asks ( *looks pointedly at Falcon & Winter Soldier* ).

It actually seems to fit perfectly into the bat crazy world we live in. In the real world, Doctor Fauci has saved millions of lives because of his work against deadly viruses but he is often portrayed as a villain in Conservative media. The world is weird place where good and evil are often influenced by the media one consumes.

Sad but true

It would be cool if Clint and Kate get caught in the end of next episode (they probably will) and then Laura comes to NYC to save them…in a Mockingbird costume

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"