Episode 7: Ouroboros (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
I don't want,
18c48d156bebe30754a7b84464414dc6f1fc3bad.gifv

anybody else.
54ff03ba32a3382c2d345b597478e3df96943ef9.gifv

When I think about you,

f8af493c9d8a4a28f35fe2c4a0008d1708447533.gifv

I touch myself.
2abd360ab377807bc1e1c5dab0042cdeff2d36ff.gifv

Off to a solid start. I missed the banter between Hiddleston and Wilson, the scene in the elevator gave me a good cackle. I also really liked OB, hope Ke Huy Quan sticks around a lot this season. The post credits scene with Sylvie probably would have been better suited during the season one finale but I guess it's fine here. Gotta get that Mickey D's product placement. :o

Overall this season feels like it's on a bigger scale than the first but part of that could simply be because more actors were allowed to be on set since it wasn't filmed during the height of Covid like S1.

Great to get back into this and also lovely to see Ke Huy Quan get a fair amount of screen-time. I liked his character and the early scenes with him and the others gradually progressing (things like telling him something in the past and then only just remembering it in the present) were inventive and imaginative. This show is certainly not generic MCU fare and a lot of thought goes into it.

What quality of life without skin? :funny:

"We need to find Sylvie" - yes we do! Can't wait to see her again.

Off to a solid start. I missed the banter between Hiddleston and Wilson, the scene in the elevator gave me a good cackle. I also really liked OB, hope Ke Huy Quan sticks around a lot this season. The post credits scene with Sylvie probably would have been better suited during the season one finale but I guess it's fine here. Gotta get that Mickey D's product placement. :o

Overall this season feels like it's on a bigger scale than the first but part of that could simply be because more actors were allowed to be on set since it wasn't filmed during the height of Covid like S1.
Post credit scene? Damn I better go back in, thanks!

Yes, there are signs that they might be more ambitious this season. Good point about Covid, this season not having to deal with that should have helped a lot in achieving its potential. I'm glad to say that at least from the first episode, the feeling of having a second season for a MCU show/mini-series feels quite natural (I wasn't sure it would outside of something like She Hulk).

Great to get back into this and also lovely to see Ke Huy Quan get a fair amount of screen-time. I liked his character and the early scenes with him and the others gradually progressing (things like telling him something in the past and then only just remembering it in the present) were inventive and imaginative. This show is certainly not generic MCU fare and a lot of thought goes into it.

What quality of life without skin? :funny:

"We need to find Sylvie" - yes we do! Can't wait to see her again.
I agree that bit with OB in the past and the future back to back was very clever and well done. The highlight of the episode for me.:)

Alright, I'm invested. I wasn't as crazy about the first season as other people seemed to be - just far too much exposition. Things are off to a good start here though.

Quan is a treasure.

Cast is still awesome, but you can tell they changed director and cinematographer and the show has lost some of that special energy and look sustainably worse for it. But it's still a rather good time. So I'm excited for more.

@Drizzle Re credit scene being suited to S1 finale, I needed my Sylvie fix now after the long break so I'll take it right here, thanks. :D. But cheers for mentioning it as I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise. :up:

The Queen is back and I hope she gets great material this season. :cool:

I also want to go into a food place and say I want to try everything. :beaming: And then to eat everything. But not pay for everything lol.

Really loved Season 1. It's good to be back! :smilingeyes:

Only thing I wasn't sure of was the reveal that Renslayer previously worked with He Who Remains. Feels like that might've been before her memory was wiped though. Doesn't seem to line up with her behavior in Season 1 otherwise.

Quan is a treasure.

Cast is still awesome, but you can tell they changed director and cinematographer and the show has lost some of that special energy and look sustainably worse for it. But it's still a rather good time. So I'm excited for more.
Having just come off of the Ahsoka finale the day before, this looked downright cinematic by comparison. :o
@Drizzle Re credit scene being suited to S1 finale, I needed my Sylvie fix now after the long break so I'll take it right here, thanks. :D. But cheers for mentioning it as I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise. :up:
:up:

I was ready to turn it off too but I usually let the end credits roll on D+ shows in case of the odd post-credits scene and there it was.

Quan is a treasure.

Not seeing that at all
thought it all looked great and felt like we were right back at it without missing a beat

Like y'all have said, cast is great, Ke is just the best, and I loved the 5th Element homage with Loki dropping in on the Taxi cab

This doesn't seem like a phoning it in scenario or more of the same. The first season was unusual enough and they haven't just given us more of that. They're trying to push things fuirther which I appreciate. Hopefully that means She Hulk can also get even better with season 2.

Not seeing that at all
thought it all looked great and felt like we were right back at it without missing a beat

Like y'all have said, cast is great, Ke is just the best, and I loved the 5th Element homage with Loki dropping in on the Taxi cab
My group and I watched the first season right before this. It literally looks different. It was the first reaction from all three of us. They threw some sort of artificial grain over the new season, that has drained a bit of the color and makes it look a bit blown out, lacking that richness of color. Honestly, it looks more like typical Marvel then before.

And the direction difference isn't subtle imo. Herron directed the entire first season (3 different directing crews and two cinematographers here), with her specifically dynamic British style. Her episodes had more in common with her work on Sex Education, then last night's episode did. It's like watching Breaking Bad and you can tell which episodes are Rian Johnson. I think the scene that really drove that home for me here was Loki walking behind Mobius down the hall before time slipping.

Now I know most people won't notice the difference, which you know, cool. But it's definitely different and I definitely noticed it. I've also watched the first season 10 times. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"