• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

European PS3 Launch Pushed Back (March 2007)

TrailerCues said:
Interesting I guess Topdawg can shove that little bit about Sonys Online Service being entirely 100 % free up his ass

Playing against others is free, and thats all that matters to me.

It's better to have a faulty worldwide launch than to have a four month gap. Treating Europe as the less important territory will result in a certain number of Sony followers switching to 360. Since the original playstation (IMO the best console ever relative to it's era) Sony have failed to impress me. Despite all this the PS2 and 3 didn't have to do much (especially with the all important BC) to get me to favour them. If FFXIII was dropped from the console I would quite possibly give the PS3 a miss altogether.

:cmad:

THWIP* said:
NO.......WORLDWIDE LAUNCH IS THE RIGHT IDEA. 'MS' PROVED IT CAN WORK, EVEN IF THERE ARE SOME HITCHES; BUT IT'S STILL BETTER THAN MAKING MAJOR TERRITORIES WAIT SEVERAL MONTHS LONGER THAN OTHERS.

WHAT I HOPE 'SONY' HAS LEARNED, IS THAT BETTING THE FARM ON NEW, UNPROVEN, UNTESTED TECHNOLOGIES, IS ASININE. BUT THEN AGAIN........THIS IS 'SONY', SO I DOUBT IT. :o

No, I think that Microsoft proved that it wouldn't work because supply could not meet demand. Even worse was the stack of Xbox 360 in Japan just wanting to be bought while there were none in the United States and Europe.

A worldwide launch for Sony would have been worse on account that the Playstation brand is actually in demand in Japan unlike the Xbox brand.

Topdawg said:
Playing against others is free, and thats all that matters to me.

SURE.....IF YOU DON'T MIND INCONSISTENT MATCHES, WITH FREQUENT LAG ISSUES, NO STANDARD FOR QUALITY, AND NO STANDARD FORMAT FOR PATCHES OR EXPANDING CONTENT. PEOPLE KNOCK DEVELOPERS FOR "ABUSING" 'LIVE' FOR PATCHING BUGGY GAMES.......BUT WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVE (PC DOWNLOADS ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS, COMPARATIVELY.....AND STILL HAVE TO BE INSTALLED), IT'S AN AWESOME FEATURE.

hippie_hunter said:
No, I think that Microsoft proved that it wouldn't work because supply could not meet demand. Even worse was the stack of Xbox 360 in Japan just wanting to be bought while there were none in the United States and Europe.

A worldwide launch for Sony would have been worse on account that the Playstation brand is actually in demand in Japan unlike the Xbox brand.

THAT'S A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE, WHEN LAUNCHING A NEW PRODUCT THOUGH........EVEN IF IT'S LARGELY DO TO MANUFACTURING PROBLEMS, AS IT WAS WITH THE '360'. TO CONTINUALLY LIE TO YOUR FAITHFUL CUSTOMERS, AND, BY AND LARGE, MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR YOUR MISSTEPS (SEE THE ARTICLE I POSTED EARLIER), IS INEXCUSABLE.

THWIP* said:
UM, YEAH........"SHE" ALREADY SAID THAT. :dry:

Then prove it Because Zenien never did to my knowledge. Find specifically where she says that she believes there's no chance of the worldwide launch not happening.

But you can't, so you'll dodge it and continue to make your false acusations. :dry:

I'm happy Sony isn't doing a world wide launch, Microsoft suffered for it just like HH said, they couldn't have their supply meet their demand.

Aran said:
Then prove it Because Zenien never did to my knowledge. Find specifically where she says that she believes there's no chance of the worldwide launch not happening

Why do you even care so much about what Zenien said or did not say anyway ? Unless a mod says otherwise I am starting to think that you are Zenien. If your not Zenien let Zenien deal with Zenien problems

Aran said:
Then prove it Because Zenien never did to my knowledge. Find specifically where she says that she believes there's no chance of the worldwide launch not happening.

But you can't, so you'll dodge it and continue to make your false acusations. :dry:

WITH THE NEW "FORMAT", IT WOULD BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO TRACK DOWN THE THREAD(S) YOU SAID THAT IN.......SO I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME. YOU KNOW YOU SAID IT. :rolleyes:

BUT SERIOUSLY........WTF IS UP WITH THIS PATHETIC CHARADE? :dry:

Pathetic. :lol:

"THe Burden of proof rests with you"

Sound familiar?

She never said it, and certainly never said it as an absolute statement.

rashad said:
2mg1tvk.gif
So no one in the caribbean buys video games :o :o :o

lol

For a "new" member of this site, "Aran" sure claims to know Zenien's post history fairly well for the past couple years...

imdaly said:
For a "new" member of this site, "Aran" sure claims to know Zenien's post history fairly well for the past couple years...

YEAH.....CURIOUS, THAT, EH? :dry:

All of that is a bit beside the point though, eh?

Haha, I don't even bother trying to disguise myself anymore, and even my identity is more of a secret than yours.

It's funny that people thought they were being clever by pointing out their suspicions, instead of, y'know, dealling the the thread at hand.

"YOU ARE ZENIEN" (Wow I'm smart!)"

Wow... :dry:

Shouldn't you be playing DOA 4 with me instead of making a new account every hour? :(

Oh my God I'm so confused now Aran is banned.

:confused: :( : peg :

That person is Zenien, I'm DRT! :mad:

Anyways, Zenien, I thank you're actual account is open anyways. And sorry for being a dick, I was having a rough day and all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"