Fantastic Four costume thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone, what would you like to see them do with the costumes in the next movie?

obviously getting it as close to the Jack Kirby designs as possible is important. I must say though I think some of the costume designs with phase 4 are a bit same old same old so I’m hoping they freshen it up a bit

something similar to the mass effect suits, but not as militaristic would be great

I think they should take inspiration from the white and blue Byrne suits to differentiate themselves from the Fox attempts.

6a9ee10b89f5a62a12eedbe26bd31260.jpg

I think that the suits should be looser than usual superhero costumes and also look like something that explorers/adventurers would wear.

Definitely want something classic. I never liked the Byrne costumes with the white gloves and boots except on Jennifer.

I think they should take inspiration from the white and blue Byrne suits to differentiate themselves from the Fox attempts.

6a9ee10b89f5a62a12eedbe26bd31260.jpg

I think that the suits should be looser than usual superhero costumes and also look like something that explorers/adventurers would wear.

great suggestion. If they can do a similar design to the Endgame time traveller suits but with a F4 theme

I’d like to see at least 2 different iterations in the first film; it seems like Marvel’s pretty good at cycling though costumes & not getting too attached...

I want them to be distinct from something Tony would design. All the MCU costumes seem to follow a general template since Avengers came out. Would be nice if F4 broke that mold but kept the slick modern factor

I’m thinking like Oblivion/TRON inspired

That’s a good point. The other point is if they’re just blue wetsuits with a four on them they may be to similar to the foxverse FF and I don’t think it’s a good idea to remind people of that

I don't want them to look like these segmented jumpsuits. That's how Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Captain America and others all look like. I want the suits to look less busy and without so many patterns or accessories. To be honest, the Tim Story costumes would now look distinctly different from everything else in the MCU. I wouldn't mind Marvel take some inspiration from that but have the 4 symbol right in the middle instead of a little badge on one side of their chests.

I might say something similar to (in terms of color/texture/material ) Homelanders from the Boys... as a comparison for a live action look
upload_2021-3-15_18-11-19.png
maybe sightly less fitted/build in muscle

But would that be enough to differentiate it from the Story FF?

maybe if they added the reflective space agey type look Tron had?

and I think a nice powder blue look might be nice to reflect a more fun FF than previous incarnations. Certainly more than f4ntastic. Plus it’s very kirby

I was looking at olympians outfits from previous olympics and I got a real kirby vibe from this

I want the FF to have a distinctive look so they don’t just look like avengers

I was looking at olympians outfits from previous olympics and I got a real kirby vibe from this

I want the FF to have a distinctive look so they don’t just look like avengers

All their costumes and tech are going to be made by Stark. :o

they should keep it simple, do the costumes like this but make them fit the MCU the same way they pulled off the Spidey costume which in my opinion doesnt look tacky.

Alex Ross
252f637db683d7e0f69f4d09fbdbd5f6.jpg

Adi Granov
Fantastic_Four_543.jpg

41BB9875-13A5-486A-8021-635E2E7B9376.png Wondering if the costumes for 616 F4 will look like this

I liked that Kirby’s costumes didn’t seem skin-tight.

They had wrinkles and seemed generally loose-fitting - not like spandex.

I’d like to get away from the skin-tight superhero suit and have something that seems tough and utilitarian - like Captain America’s first suit:

27ECB7FF-05DF-4B7E-835F-BA10F0DD48A8.jpeg

I’d like to get away from the skin-tight superhero suit and have something that seems tough and utilitarian - like Captain America’s first suit:
That looks a lot like the Ultimates Captain America (the Ultimates being the Ultimate version of the Avengers). Unlike the Ultimate FF, I actually liked the Ultimates a lot.

I liked that Kirby’s costumes didn’t seem skin-tight.

They had wrinkles and seemed generally loose-fitting - not like spandex.

View attachment 58273

i am content with what we saw in MoM as long as it is similar perhaps just a different pattern. I couldnt even tell it was CG. It looks as slick if not more so than the Endgame Quantum time travel suits that Stark designed

2C9768FB-BB70-4BB8-A0EA-B8D7D6F5BFE5.jpeg
DF64531E-3790-45D4-BE5B-2B2B2E569D3F.jpeg

Last edited:
i am content with what we saw in MoM as long as it is similar perhaps just a different pattern. I couldnt even tell it was CG. It looks as slick if not more so than the Endgame Quantum time travel suits that Stark designed

View attachment 58280
View attachment 58281

It wasn’t bad, but it just looks like every other superhero suit these days.

Use a color scheme like that on a looser fitting, heavy denim flight suit design, and I think that would look great and practical and appropriate and slightly less goofy than the skin tight suits we’ve become accustomed to.

… and since they’re not likely to use CGI for an entire film, I think the actors would appreciate something less rubbery.

View attachment 58280
View attachment 58281

I think Reed's jumpsuit looks too busy with too many segmented pieces. It looks like the Netflix Daredevil suit coloured blue and black instead, or like the Ant-Man suit. I want the suit simplified and more similar to the classic look from the 60s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"