Fast X: The Fast Saga

Well, Elsa Pataky and Daniela Melchior's characters are supposed to be Brazilian, but Elsa Pataky is Spanish and Melchior is Portuguese, even though Brazil has that Portuguese connection going.

Also, I recall Dom has that one street racing friend who is also Brazilian.

There's also been so few Black women in the franchise. It's Natalie Emmanuel and that is it.

Finally watched this. First of all, Daniela Melchior stole my heart in this. She was magnetic. Second, Jason Momoa in this is indeed cinema. Lastly, LOVED Brie Larson looking pretty as hell and kicking ass.

This has to be the most Dom heavy one yet, right? At least it certainly felt like it. Sidelining everyone else in a pointless B-plot where they did next to nothing certainly made it feel like it was done just so Vin didn’t have to be on set with them.

It was also the most whatever of the bunch for me. I was not engaged at all whenever any of the returning characters were on screen. I was only entertained if Momoa, Melchior, and Larson were involved in a scene. The action also was missing something this time with way more noticeably bad CGI. Personally, I really only like these movies if Lin is behind the camera. This one I enjoyed more than 7 and 8 though mainly because of Mamoa who was truly just so much fun to watch.

Last edited:
Noticeably bad CGI is kinda Letterier’s thing. Have you ever seen Transporter 2? That guy should have never landed a directing gig again after that dreck.

But yeah, Momoa was great in this and I liked Brie and Daniela too. Jack Reacher was alright too. They all make it worth a watch.

Noticeably bad CGI is kinda Letterier’s thing. Have you ever seen Transporter 2? That guy should have never landed a directing gig again after that dreck.

But yeah, Momoa was great in this and I liked Brie and Daniela too. Jack Reacher was alright too. They all make it worth a watch.
That and really bad choppy editing. When the movie started with a butchered version of the bank vault chase from 5, I was really worried but I didn’t think it was too bad for the rest of the movie. My memory of the editing in the Transporter movies and Clash of the Titans was that it was really truly horrendous.

I honestly doubt mind any of the visual effects or even in recent movies that I saw this year in the big screen. Ant-Man and the Quantumania is the worst offender and the only film this year, with vfX that kinda ruined the eXperience for me, and that was the 1st movie I saw in the big screen this year.

Anyway, like Mission: Impossible, I hope the neXt one is the last one and I hope it all works well and we get it asap, despite the boX office performance of the most recent film. These film franchises have been around for too long not to get a proper finale. In a way, I'm still fine that Indy got a 5th final movie despite not enjoying it and seeing the numbers it got.

I see this is out on Blu-ray next week, when does it hit Peacock?

It’s being promoted on all their ads so I imagine this month

That and really bad choppy editing. When the movie started with a butchered version of the bank vault chase from 5, I was really worried but I didn’t think it was too bad for the rest of the movie. My memory of the editing in the Transporter movies and Clash of the Titans was that it was really truly horrendous.

Haha I forgot that he made Clash of the Titans. What a festering abomination of a film. I remember seeing that **** in 3D and feeling like my head was going to explode. That one is definitely in the running for Worst Remake of All Time.

Was that the first film in the “Hey, Let’s Put the Avatar Guy in Everything” Era? Terminator Salvation doesn’t count since it came out before Avatar. I’m glad Hollywood came to its senses rather quickly and Sam Worthington was quickly relegated to DTV and streaming dreck where he belongs (aside from Avatar 2, obviously).

Was that the first film in the “Hey, Let’s Put the Avatar Guy in Everything” Era? Terminator Salvation doesn’t count since it came out before Avatar. I’m glad Hollywood came to its senses rather quickly and Sam Worthington was quickly relegated to DTV and streaming dreck where he belongs (aside from Avatar 2, obviously).

Salvation was released before but was shot after Avatar, so it counts lol

But his story is pretty sad. Unfortunately like many who they try to shove into the spotlight.

Sam Worthington Interview: Avatar 2, Sobriety, Hollywood Clashes - Variety

“You can’t create a character if there’s nothing there,” Worthington says. “On the ‘Clash’ movies, that was the problem. You were getting new pages every day, and it’s too complicated. The movies that I did right after ‘Avatar’ were great big spectacles, but I should have been looking for movies that pried a little bit more into the human condition. I was boring myself with what I was doing. And if I’m boring myself, then I’m sure as hell going to be boring an audience.”

“Terminator Salvation” didn’t really move the needle on his career, but the first “Clash” movie was a big enough hit that it sparked a sequel, “Wrath of the Titans.” Unhappy with his work on the first movie, Worthington decided he’d shake things up on the second one. In the interim between installments, Perseus, a demigod offspring of Zeus who saved humanity from a mythological creature called the Kraken, has been widowed and is raising a son while living off the grid as a fisherman. So, Worthington reasoned, all that child-rearing and catching fish didn’t leave a lot of time for calisthenics. In order to depict his changed circumstances, Worthington grew a beard and steered clear of the gym. It was the wrong choice.

Last edited:
I just finished watching this and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would even though it's still as ridiculous as ever. I thought it was a step up from Fast 9 mainly thanks to the new additions like Brie Larson and Daniela Melchior, John Cena being a goofball, and of course the undisputed MVP of the movie....

9397422a0c227c6d88d2c24b54efad9b3fc801d5.gifv

a44ca53f582fcb470d0e09efc1e1daf48bdfbf2b.gif

I thought it was better than F9 just off the strength of Larson and Momoa. Might be better than F8te too but I haven't watched that since the theaters

Jason Momoa's character in this was basically The Joker. Easily the most entertaining part of the movie.

Yeah Momoa carried this for me. Could've used more Larson too. The franchise has overestimated the charm of Tyrese and Ludacris imo. Their back and forth has gotten old.

Anyone else find it odd that Fast 11 and Mission Impossible 8 weren't even so much as mentioned at CinemaCon? I find it odd that F11 was planned for next year and now suddenly Universal decided to push out a new Jurassic World movie for 2025 instead. What's going on?

Anyone else find it odd that Fast 11 and Mission Impossible 8 weren't even so much as mentioned at CinemaCon? I find it odd that F11 was planned for next year and now suddenly Universal decided to push out a new Jurassic World movie for 2025 instead. What's going on?
Last I read, after this film's performance, they decided to have 11 be the last one, instead of a part 1 movie, so they're probably reshaping things. That Rock spin-off won't be coming out either I suppose.

Last I read, after this film's performance, they decided to have 11 be the last one, instead of a part 1 movie, so they're probably reshaping things. That Rock spin-off won't be coming out either I suppose.
88eaf42df375c6abe6905ad6d60bdc52.gif

Vin Diesel was the only one who seemed to be into the idea of stretching it out to yet another movie anway.

88eaf42df375c6abe6905ad6d60bdc52.gif

Vin Diesel was the only one who seemed to be into the idea of stretching it out to yet another movie anway.
I remember 9 was going to be the last one, but before it went into production they said 10 would be. Then they said 11 and then 12, but now they're back at 11. :hehe:

It's the definition of a movie that money is its only driving force.

Yeah, that makes sense. Also, betting given the deliberate vagueness in the last 2 movies and the twist at the end of last time, they're setting up Kurt Russell returning as Mr. Nobody to help turn the tables against Dante and his cronies. Who else would Giselle be working for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"