Favorite Deadpool runs and stories

-JKR-

Superhero
Reaction score
What are your favorite Deadpool runs and stories from the comics?

I think the best story ever written about the character is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, from Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's current Deadpool NOW! run. An absolute masterpiece, which makes the best of Wade's past and humanity. A little short on comedy, but the story is a must read!

Other than that I absolutely love the character's first two mini-series:

The Circle Chase, written by Fabian Nicieza

Sins of the Past, written by Mark Waid

Both stories manage to bring out the elements which make Deadpool the beloved character he is today. Maybe he's not the fully formed character as he is today, but they're a great introduction to him and his world. Weasel also makes his debut in the first mini-series. Great art and atmosphere in both books. I like the somber tone, mixed with the character's crazy antics and dialogue.

Joe Kelly's run: Probably the ultimate Deadpool experience. From issue #1, Kelly juggles the comedy and heart perfectly, and throws us into the crazy world of the Merc with a mouth. We're introduced to characters such as Blind Al, Patch and many more, as we follow Deadpool's struggles to become a better person and finally come to terms with who he is. It's a pity the run later loses some focus later on, but Kelly & Co. were struggling to keep the series alive. Ed McGuinnes' artwork is just beautiful!

Gail Simone: My second favorite writer from the first regular series. Simone managed to shake up things and make the character her own. Her run is short, but fun as hell, and the Deadpool, Inc. idea could actually be used for future Deadpool movies, what do you think?

That's it for now. Curious about your answers.

P.S.: Nope, I'm not a fan of Daniel Way's take on Deadpool, as popular as he may have made him.

In no order.

-Uncanny X-Force by Remender

- Vol 1 Specifically from Kelly and Simone. I like most of the whole run really though. Funeral For A Freak had alot of good stuff.

-The Good The Bad And The Ugly by Duggan and Poshen.

-Draculas Gauntlant By Dugan.

-Suicide Kings by Mike Benson

-The Whole Cable & Deadpool run by Nicieza

-Sins OF The Past by Waid

-Not a huge fan of Way but I do really like what he did in Wolverine with Deadpool. Some really funny **** in there actually, and his confrontation on why Wolverine is accepted by the X-Men but not him had some interesting motivation behind it. The Skrull, Bullseye stuff was fun in Vol 2. After that I lost interest and it over stayed it's welcome with way too much zaniness for my taste. The Death storyline was a decent story by Way as well.

Enjoying Hawkeye Vs Deadpool by Duggan so far right now.

Last edited:
^ Would you guys say Kelly's run would be good for someone curious about the character? I've never read him, but really loved the test footage.

Also, what's this page from (and how's the rest of it)?

deadpool-comics-on-dvd-huge-collection-755a.jpg

^ Would you guys say Kelly's run would be good for someone curious about the character? I've never read him, but really loved the test footage.

Also, what's this page from (and how's the rest of it)?

The essential Deadpool stuff is from the VOL1 Kelly run. So def a good place to start. The Cable Deadpool run is a real fun read imo. If your gonna hop around then I'd just go by the lists above, Deadpool's humor changes with writers so it's kind of up to the readers taste tbh.

Believe that page is from Daniel Way's run, somewhere in the 20's or 30's(could be wrong). If your interested in Way's stuff I'll recommend Wolverine Origins: Deadpool and the earlier issues of his Deadpool run.

Last edited:
I love the Deadpool Kills... books (in particularly Deadpool Killustrated) I love all of Brain P's run, and Wade Wilson's War is another one that really stuck out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"