General Trek Talk Favorite Star Trek Series?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Which of the star trek series is your all time favorite?

Gotta go with DS9, closely followed by TNG.

I enjoyed all of them quite a bit, but TNG is my favorite. :up:

It used to be TNG, but the Dominion War placed DS9 over the top for me.

Ranking:
1. DS9
2. TNG
3. TOS
4. ENT
5. VOY

Never seen the Animated Series, but I'm sure it was probably better than both ENT and VOY :yay:

for me it's TNG, but I gotta admit, I've only seen parts of TOS and DS9, and all of TNG... I really wanna see the other series one day.

TNG, followed by DS9.

The TOS reruns that I saw were pretty good.

The original series,so many memories. :up:
I just bought a couple of Phasers last night. :O

The original series is the only one where all the casting was perfect! Next generation was second best, then voyager.

Who else nailed so many blue and green women? Kirk is the ultimate sci-fi legend, even vader was shaking in his boots!

1.TOS (It's just so iconic, and the trinity of Kirk/Spock/McCoy is perfect)
2.TNG (Excellent series with fully developed character arcs, but the films brought the quality down)
3. DS9 (This series rocks soooo hard that I had a hard time placing it beneath TNG... if you've not see this series you MUST)
4.ENT (I waited to see the entire series to comment on it, and I say that there is NOTHING wrong with this series, and it is worth of being here)
5.VOY ( I have to admit that I absolutely hate this series)

Trek is going through a bit of a resurrgence of late with all the notalgia for the original series. Heres hoping that we'll be back on the Enterprise very soon!:woot:

Kirk Trek owns all.
startrek.jpg

I'll never understand the hate on Voyager. It was a ton more Star Trek-ish than Deep Space Nine ever was. I loved DS9, but Voyager actually did what Trek is about; exploring space.

Immortalfire said:
I'll never understand the hate on Voyager. It was a ton more Star Trek-ish than Deep Space Nine ever was. I loved DS9, but Voyager actually did what Trek is about; exploring space.

I agree!

Immortalfire said:
Yeah, but it was sooo uninteresting! DS9 kicks its asss away! Enterprise was better than Voyager!

Saying DS9 wasn't about exploring space is a bit ridiculous. The whole idea was based around the worm hole. A doorway to an entire area of space that no one from the Federation had ever been to.

I picked DS9. It did a lot better job at having interesting characters than the others.

Immortalfire said:

Why I dislike VOY:
-Neelix. Liked the actor, but the character was so annoying.
-Quickly doused the Maquis-Federation internal conflict that was supposed give the show it's flavor and make it stand out.
-The ship almost always had power, they had a holodeck, clean uniforms, replicators, and sonic showers like they were on an extended deep space mission instead of lost thousands of light years away from home.
-Killed off Seska way too early. She was their best villian.
-Overemphasized Seven of Nine, and her oxygen-depriving catsuit. If I never hear Borg nanoprobes again I'll be a happy man.
-Weakened the Borg through overuse and by having VOY beat them handily way too much.
-Weakened Species 8472-their own cool creation-by having their leader take on the guise of Boothby, and by having 8472 quit their plans for war with a nice talk from Janeway. Yes, I know it's been done on the other Trek shows and even Babylon 5, but could'nt the writers strove to do something different.
-Actually thought the Kazon were interesting villians. On TNG, the writers quickly realized the Ferengi weren't the baddies they thought they would be, and created the Borg. The VOY writers had quite a few potentials that could rival any of the other Trek empires, the Vidiians being one of my favorites. But why they spent so much time on the Kazon early on is beyond me. The least they could've done was not made them look like cheap knockoff Klingons.
-Created a cool name like Vaadwaur and did nothing with it. I really wanted to see more of these guys. Same with Species 8472, the Voth, and the Krenim.
-Janeway. Too schizophrenic. I never got a feel for her. It took me a while to get a feel for Sisko-who really came alive in S4. Also, with Archer-who I really only liked when he turned to the dark side in S3. Picard and Kirk I got pretty easy, but Janeway just didn't seem consistent to me. Plus, I didn't like the mother hen role she played sometimes.
-Boring characters. This is what pisses me off perhaps the most. On paper, VOY had some great characters. But the writers seemed hellbent on making them so boring and sterile. Seven, the Doctor, and to some extent Torres were the only ones with any real life. Paris was a lightweight rogue, Chakotay gave in to Janeway way too easily, Tuvok was about as exciting as a stone, Kes was too much sugar and light, so was Harry.

For me, TNG all the way. It and DS9 are probably the only Trek series to give all of their characters great storyarcs and episodes and make the whole cast feel like part of the whole. The original series did that too but mostly because those that had jack to do on the show did more in the movies. Voyager's problem was a lack of creativity, mainly due to overemphasis on the Borg as villains and that most of their crew was just archtypes of older Trek characters. Tuvok, Paris, Kim, Neelix, Torres, Chakotay, just about all of their crew was lame compared to the other shows(except Enterprise who's crew was more original and yet way more bland). The Doctor was a great character and Seven of Nine wasn't an AWFUL character(they just relied on her and her Borg connections to much for episode) but other than them, that's about it. Janeway is just...okay. She's a bit of an better actor than the guys who play Sisko and Archer but she's overall probably the worst captain.

Nobody can touch Picard or Kirk. They are shere awesome as characters and actors.

Enterprise was better than Voyager!
Lmao

DarKush said:
Why I dislike VOY:
-Neelix. Liked the actor, but the character was so annoying.
-Quickly doused the Maquis-Federation internal conflict that was supposed give the show it's flavor and make it stand out.
-The ship almost always had power, they had a holodeck, clean uniforms, replicators, and sonic showers like they were on an extended deep space mission instead of lost thousands of light years away from home.
-Killed off Seska way too early. She was their best villian.
-Overemphasized Seven of Nine, and her oxygen-depriving catsuit. If I never hear Borg nanoprobes again I'll be a happy man.
-Weakened the Borg through overuse and by having VOY beat them handily way too much.
-Weakened Species 8472-their own cool creation-by having their leader take on the guise of Boothby, and by having 8472 quit their plans for war with a nice talk from Janeway. Yes, I know it's been done on the other Trek shows and even Babylon 5, but could'nt the writers strove to do something different.
-Actually thought the Kazon were interesting villians. On TNG, the writers quickly realized the Ferengi weren't the baddies they thought they would be, and created the Borg. The VOY writers had quite a few potentials that could rival any of the other Trek empires, the Vidiians being one of my favorites. But why they spent so much time on the Kazon early on is beyond me. The least they could've done was not made them look like cheap knockoff Klingons.
-Created a cool name like Vaadwaur and did nothing with it. I really wanted to see more of these guys. Same with Species 8472, the Voth, and the Krenim.
-Janeway. Too schizophrenic. I never got a feel for her. It took me a while to get a feel for Sisko-who really came alive in S4. Also, with Archer-who I really only liked when he turned to the dark side in S3. Picard and Kirk I got pretty easy, but Janeway just didn't seem consistent to me. Plus, I didn't like the mother hen role she played sometimes.
-Boring characters. This is what pisses me off perhaps the most. On paper, VOY had some great characters. But the writers seemed hellbent on making them so boring and sterile. Seven, the Doctor, and to some extent Torres were the only ones with any real life. Paris was a lightweight rogue, Chakotay gave in to Janeway way too easily, Tuvok was about as exciting as a stone, Kes was too much sugar and light, so was Harry.
compromise.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"