Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

...like seeing all of you happy w/ s3 and the finale, excited to get to it 'soon' or in a few months.

I finished Nemesis, which I thought was pretty solid. Don't understand the frustration with it, when The Final Frontier and Insurrection exist.

Here are my film rankings;
The Voyage Home
Star Trek
Generations
First Contact
The Wrath Of Khan
The Undiscovered Country
Nemesis
Star Trek Into Darkness
The Motion Picture
The Search For Spock
Star Trek Beyond
Insurrection
The Final Frontier
I am curious to see if your list changes after watching the series.

With it being a week before Star Trek: Picard Finale I thought I’ll do what I do best and make a List. So each day I’m going to do #BaggersTop5 of the TNG Crew’s Best Episodes (in my opinion of course)

Jean-Luc Picard:

➡️

5) Tapestry
4) All Good Things...
3) The Inner Light
2) Chain Of Command, Part I and II

Honourable Mentions:

*Encounter at Farpoint
*The Battle
*The Measure Of A Man
*Time Squared
*Who Watches The Watchers
*Allegiance
*Captain's Holiday
*Sarek
*Family
*Final Mission
*The Drumhead
*Redemption Part I and II
*Darmok
*Disaster
*Unification Part I and II
*I Borg
*Starship Mine
*Lessons
*The Chase
*Attached
*The Pegasus

1) The Best of Both Worlds Part I and II

I thought the finale was great. Plenty of action, plenty of touching sentimental moments, plenty of nostalgia.

Seeing the 1701-D back in fighting form against a Borg Cube was just awesome. And despite the hints that someone may die (Picard saying his goodbyes as him/Worf/Riker left the Enterprise), it was clearly a bit of misdirection but it certainly kept us on edge.

Data embracing his human side as he gets used to his new synth body was entertaining, and more so IMO than the old android version of Data trying to do it via an emotion chip replicating human emotions.

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine had some really good scenes, particularly the one where she watched the hologram of Shaw and got emotional. She's really delivered as an actress in every Picard episode she's been in.

And finally, the Q scene at the end - totally unexpected and also surprising. It's made me wonder if the famous whisper scene from "all good things" was Q about to tell Picard he has a son in future, and the trial will continue for him too? Are the "possibilities of existence" referring to him continuing humanity's existence (like we all do) by having a son, and not just a son, but one who is genetically different from most. It would be a retcon of course, but one that kinda fits - as we know, Picard believed after Generations that his family bloodline had ended with the death of his remaining family in a fire and he was greatly affected by it.

Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.
PICARD: Q, what is it that you're trying to tell me?
(Q nearly whispers in Picard's ear)
Q: You'll find out. In any case, I'll be watching.

EyVVcSEXEAU-4eX.jpg

Star Trek: Picard Season 3, Episode 10: “The Last Generation"

Before I get started here is your second Spoiler Alert warming!!!

Kudos to Terry Matalas and everyone else involved, this Season of Picard has been serious fanfare and I was all here for it. With so much new Trek it feels like I've lost a connection I have for it, I'm old so TNG/DS9/Voyager was the golden era for me. But this Season and Strange New Worlds definitely got my attention!!!

Seeing Enterprise D warping and flying around again makes my heart so happy and hearing the nice cameo of Walter Koenig as President Anton Chekov was a nice touch (RIP Anton Yelchin).

That Borg Cube was mahoosive, seeing how small the D was compared to it made me feel all hope was lost...when they said at 30 odd % power I felt a bit more optimistic.

Worf "threesome" quote was gold!!!

When they got on The Cube Janeway's neurolytic pathogen really did a number on The Borg and The Queen itself looked very H.R. Giger nightmare fuel.

Data's gut feeling and childlike joy while going all Return of the Jedi "Death Star" run was fun. It's so weird seeing Data smile so much but glad he finally got what he wanted being human (even having therapy, that's when you know you're truly human lol).

Jack rocking the retro Locutus look was great callback, and seeing Jack and Picard father and son moment was lovely. Also mentioning Season 1 was nice to complete circle everything. Picard finally getting closure on the whole Borg situation was great to see.

Seven taking back the Titan show us the Captain she can be, rallying the new makeshift Crew up to buy Picard and TNG Crew some time, just shows her skills at being a Captain and how she has learnt speech monologues from the man himself!!!

They had me when Worf was being shot, I thought all Season Worf was going to die in a "hero moment" but so glad I was wrong, even tho Worf through out the scene was talking about dying honourably. Through out this Finale they had me multiple times thinking Picard, Worf or Riker we're gonna die, but when Troi picked up Riker's "love" the fear subsided and seeing the D hovering over them before beaming them up was marvellous!!!

Can we hear it for Bev firing phasers and torpedos like a pro (guess 20 Years can change someone).

The Borg Queen screaming her classic First Contact "nooo" before dying took me back and hearing her say "your future's end" earlier in the episode got me all nostalgic. If this truly the end of The Borg I'm happy, as much as I love them, they been overplayed for so long, that it's time to finally keep them gone. Time for a new threat to pop up maybe in Star Trek: Legacy?!

Worf falling asleep on the chair was funny when he started snoring, a moment before I thought they killed him off, but then the snoring started and all was well. Old Worf been a hoot this Season!!!

Riker's Captain Log seeing the Enterprise D and Titan A flying together gave me Undiscovered Country vibes, which my Childhood version of me appreciated.

Good to see the "real" Tuvok and holographic Shaw saying nice things about 7 was heartfelt but then made me think could that have been a Changeling? Of course not...could it?! Maybe the Dip**** was just being nice??

Starfleet Rule 101 if you steal a Ship and disobey orders you sure better save the Day cause if not no pardon and promotion for you (I learnt that from Kirk, well his was a demotion but same diff).

Worf MVP status this Season keeps going with him finally having some respect put on Raffi's name.

Jack being in Starfleet as a fast tracked Ensign he’ll be beating poor forever Ensign Kim in no time!!!

The Titan rechristened as the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-G makes sense, as if your having Star Trek: Legacy as the new Show (even Jack spelt it out before 7 said her "thing" being saved for Legacy most likely) you need more than characters of Legacies (7 of 9, Jack and Sidney) but a Ship of it too. USS Picard would of had a nice ring too it, but guess this Season not just about Picard anymore but the TNG Crew and the journeys that started with the NX-01!!!

This the tagline of Legacy if I've ever seen/heard one: "I still can't believe Starfleet saw fit to give a thief, a pirate and a spy their own ship. Bunch of ne'er-do-wells and rule-breakers, really. What could possibly go wrong?"

The only way you could end Season 3 of Picard and the Series in general but with a Poker Game. Will I ever hear Data tell the end of that joke lol.

As they say all Good Things must come to an end...but then an after credit surprise: Q alive and well and ready to put Jack and this Next, Next Generation on trial...Star Trek: Legacy "you had my curiosity, now you have my attention."

Wonder if Picard met up with Laris, hope she's not still patiently waiting for him.

Only thing i'm upset about is no O'Brien cameo!!!

I was happy to get an updated LCARS look.
If you ever tried the Trek Total Interface for a phone or tablet, they are fun to use sometimes.

25th century version

Picard Makes Top 10 Most Streamed Debut

Paramount+’s Star Trek: Picard made its first ever appearance in the rankings, finishing ninth among original series with 310 million minutes of viewing as it reached the midpoint of its third season. Picard is the second Paramount+ original series to make the rankings, following 1923 two weeks earlier. (NCIS, which streams on both Paramount+ and Netflix, led the acquired series chart.)

‘Star Trek: Picard’ Makes Streaming Chart Debut, ‘Ted Lasso’ Returns

What a superb ending. I wish we could just keep seeing the next gen cast hanging out. Can’t wait for the next season

With Star Trek: Legacy hopefully a thing soon enough and with everyone hopefully caught up with Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Finale "The Last Generation" by now.

I thought I'll do a #BaggersTop5 of things I wanna see in Star Trek: Legacy:

➡️

Spoiler Warning just in case you haven't caught up with Star Trek: Picard Season 3!!!

5) Cameos from more TNG, DS9 and Voyager characters.

4) Wesley and Jack finally meet!!!

3) Return of Jurati-Queen and her Collective and the mystery of the Transwarp conduit.

2) Return of Captain Liam Shaw for an episode or two parter. Even if it's just time travel related, Mirror Universe, alternative parallel Universe, Section 31 "Project Phoenix", a lone rogue Changeling masquerading as Shaw, Nebula causing dreams or hallucinating or something else entirely. Be nice to see him again.

Honourable Mentions:

*LaCrush: more focus on Jack Crusher and Sidney La Forge budding romance.

*With Lieutenant Matthew Arliss Mura being a Bajoran on the Enterprise G I love to see what Bajor is like now in the 25th Century post DS9.

*New Villains for the Show. All Star Trek Shows have an overall villain race introduced into canon and with Legacy should be no different!!!

(*TOS: Klingons
*TAS: Kzinti
*TNG: The Borg
*DS9: The Dominion
*Voyager: Kazon/Vidiians/Species 8472/Hirogen
*Enterprise: Suliban/Xindi
*Discovery: Control/Emerald Chain
*Picard: Zhat Vash/Alliance of synthetic life/Adam Soong
*Lower Decks: Pakleds
*Prodigy: Vau N'Akat
*Strange New Worlds: The Gorn)

***I know Pakleds and The Gorn aren't new enemies as they both appeared in TNG and TOS before appearing in Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds. But they were so underutilised in those Shows that's Lower Decks and Strange New World breathed new life into them. On a side note I know The Borg was the main villain of Voyager from late Season 3 onwards but cause they were a major part of TNG and originated in that Series that I didn't mention them for Voyager. Same goes for Picard Season 2 with Q and Season 3 with The Changeling and The Borg.***

1) Q episodes like TNG, have him randomly pop up causing **** like the old days.

From what I've been seeing, it sounds like we are likely to get more TNG movies than a new series with the TNG cast.

As for a Seven series, who knows. I hope, but it does sound like they kind of what to start bringing in movies as part of their line up.

From what I've been seeing, it sounds like we are likely to get more TNG movies than a new series with the TNG cast.

This season was more or less the last time we’ll see the entire TNG crew together, so it was conceived as their final “movie” in a way.

Terry Matalas and the cast are hoping Paramount+ greenlights Star Trek: Legacy which carries on from the end of this series as the Next, Next Generation with Seven of Nine as Captain, Raffi and Jack Crusher on the Enterprise G.

Now that would mean we probably would get guest appearances from *some* of the TNG cast, most likely some of the DS9 and Voyager cast as well. It certainly sounds more promising than Star Trek: Starfleet if it happens.

I think Patrick Stewart is truly done playing Picard though.

There is a Q&A panel up online from the IMAX Series Finale event. The whole cast is there. I don't know if I can post it here because it is from a random person in the audience not Paramount.

I found out the poker game was an actual 45 minute long poker game with the cast, not the characters at the end. Nice fitting tribute to them.

Hopefully we get that as a bonus feature on a DVD/Blu Ray set.

Characters from years ago — and their descendants — are like candy, and that's not bad, but a successful show needs more than sweet nostalgia.
"[W]e do have plans for a Shaw character – specifically Todd Stashwick – to be a part of Legacy that I can't talk about, but we always knew we would never do that show without Todd."
Picard showrunner Terry Matalas opens up on his sequel idea Star Trek: Legacy
I'm glad to hear that. They need to bring back Captain Grumpypants, even if his soul has to travel to the black mountain to fight three faceless apparitions of his father. "Somehow Shaw returned" is pretty much all the explanation necessary.

Last edited:
Truly amazing!!!

What the..... wow, that's impressive. I'm trying to work out what this is exactly, is this official canon or some fan project? I see it was uploaded by the Roddenberry archive and seems to have been endorsed by Shatner and a few others but I'm not sure where it sits in terms of being official. The Spock visuals are amazing.

What the..... wow, that's impressive. I'm trying to work out what this is exactly, is this official canon or some fan project? I see it was uploaded by the Roddenberry archive and seems to have been endorsed by Shatner and a few others but I'm not sure where it sits in terms of being official. The Spock visuals are amazing.

My head canon says it’s canon so I’ll go with that.

It fits in with what we’ve seen in Picard Season 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"