Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

I am hoping to see Janeway show up now after all this. Maybe we get Seven, Tuvok, and Janeway in the old Voyager ship. Worf can take the defiant or Bird of Prey. Reminds me of when the TNG crew split up to captain a fleet to create a web forming a blockade to stop the Romulans. We had Data's first officer not wanting to follow his orders and we got to see Data raise his voice.

I know it’s been hinted that many of the TNG crew may pop up in future spin-offs, but has it been confirmed that this is Patrick Stewart’s last go as Picard? I guess we have one episode to go, but he seems like he’s said everything he wanted with these 3 seasons.

I know it’s been hinted that many of the TNG crew may pop up in future spin-offs, but has it been confirmed that this is Patrick Stewart’s last go as Picard? I guess we have one episode to go, but he seems like he’s said everything he wanted with these 3 seasons.

He's said he's done being the main focus, but was open to returning.

He's said he's done being the main focus, but was open to returning.

In the actual TNG series Picard wasn't the focus every week. The solution is to have a new TNG series where a different member of the ensemble can be the main character from week to week.

As hard as that hits

The full shot, with Data and Geordi at the two stations in front, with Worf and Crusher in the back, hits even harder

So, Ep9 ......... that was a fangasm moment, right? Finally delivered what many fans have been clamouring for since Picard S1 Ep1. And I don't think it could have been done in any better fashion in terms of explanations and reveal and so on.

With it being a week before Star Trek: Picard Finale I thought I’ll do what I do best and make a List. So each day I’m going to do #BaggersTop5 of the TNG Crew’s Best Episodes (in my opinion of course)

Deanna Troi:

➡️

5) The Loss
4) The Child
3) Dark Page
2) Eye of the Beholder

Honourable Mentions:

*Ménage à Troi
*Night Terrors
*The Masterpiece Society

1) Face Of The Enemy

It was superb. I’m kind of glad they saved Deanna to the last because it implies she’s the powerhouse everyone wanted to see. Gee it’s good to see the whole team together again. Next gen is best gen

I think they could reverse the DNA of the infected people like they did with Pulaski in S02E07 Unnatural Selection. The first part is the theory by O'brien, followed by Picard talking to Pulaski explaining what they plan on doing.

O’brien: As you know, the transporter keeps a record of all transmissions, a pattern if you will. Usually, it’s just stored for security purposes. But if we use the transporter trace to control the reconstitution process…

Picard: We have a sample of your normal DNA to use as a filter in the transporter. We think that we can beam you aboard while filtering out any of the genetic problems caused by the disease.

The only problem is they need to get normal DNA of each person. So they either get it from an old transporter not affected that each person used. They can also just find older blood samples. They will probably just do a huge wipe though with this whole receiver/transmitter thing.

With it being a week before Star Trek: Picard Finale I thought I’ll do what I do best and make a List. So each day I’m going to do #BaggersTop5 of the TNG Crew’s Best Episodes (in my opinion of course)

Beverly Crusher:

➡️

5) The High Ground
4) Descent, Part II
3) Suspicions
2) Remember Me

Honourable Mentions:

The Host
Ethics

1) Attached

So what did everyone think about the amount of ships at frontier day? Was it enough, not enough, or just enough? Just saw this from the production designer

mpv-shot0002.jpg mpv-shot0005.jpg

Worf does mention all of Starfleet, but Shaw says most. So they do make mention of the amount in the show. We also see on the screens ships by name, this seems a little smaller than I would think for Starfleet. So I would say not enough.

If Picard gets help from the rest of the federation he could outnumber these ships with just a couple from some powerful allies. He could also just reach out to anyone Federation or non Federaton, since the borg would eventually come for them next.

I don't know the current state of the big factions in this century, but Picard could put out a general distress signal. He could gather the Klingons, Cardassians, Andorians to name a few.There are tons of enemy of the borg. Picard just needs to put out a call to muster a fleet.

But if they keep it just a small group for budgetary reasons, I would hope they at least have Janeway show up and we see Voyager, and the D crew fight these borg. If we see the D, Voyager, and the Defiant ships flying together against these it will be a good moment. Doesn't matter who flies them, I would just like to see it. They could be remotely flown. The easiest thing for the show to do that is very cheap is just have Jack or some kind of backfire of this link to incapacitate the borg. Not very thrilling, but very easy to film.

Last edited:

Worf:

➡️

5) Sins of The Father
4) Birthright, Part 1 and II
3) Lower Decks
2) Redemption Part 1 and II

Honourable Mentions:

*The Icarus Factor
*The Emissary
*The Bonding
*Reunion
*Ethics
*A Fistful of Datas

1) Parallels

As hard as that hits

The full shot, with Data and Geordi at the two stations in front, with Worf and Crusher in the back, hits even harder
I just wish they had put Picard, Riker, Troi, and Crusher back in uniform for the big moment. They did it for Worf and Data despite Worf being an intelligence contractor and Data being a new version and both not being in uniform earlier in the season. It's strange because Beverley and Riker we're all in uniform earlier in the season, not now. Although he is retired, Admirals are never truly retired in the real world, especially in wartime, so I would think Picard would theoretically recall or re-instate everyone.

I just really don't like the bland full black leather outfits. They don't mesh with the vibes of the crew back together on the bridge of the D.

I just wish they had put Picard, Riker, Troi, and Crusher back in uniform for the big moment. They did it for Worf and Data despite Worf being an intelligence contractor and Data being a new version and both not being in uniform earlier in the season. It's strange because Beverley and Riker we're all in uniform earlier in the season, not now. Although he is retired, Admirals are never truly retired in the real world, especially in wartime, so I would think Picard would theoretically recall or re-instate everyone.

I just really don't like the bland full black leather outfits. They don't mesh with the vibes of the crew back together on the bridge of the D.

They are in uniforms the Red and Blue doesn’t stand out like the Gold does.

Geordi La Forge:

➡️

5) Identity Crisis
4) The Mind's Eye
3) The Enemy
2) Relics

Honourable Mentions:

*The Arsenal of Freedom
*Booby Trap
*Galaxy's Child
*Interface

1) The Next Phase

At least we have season 2 of strange new worlds to look forward to soon

Slightly off-topic, but not... I'm new to Trek - watch the 6 original films last fall with Blank Check's Commentaries and this show all over my twitter has got me watching TNG films.

I'm two in, both are 4/5, but I think I like the goofiness of Generations more;

Anyways - what is a fun novice Trek pod that covers the films and such? I'm scared to dive into a pod that's too into the fandom with knowledge.

Also, can I watch Pickard with just the 4 films under my belt or should I watch some of TNG?

Slightly off-topic, but not... I'm new to Trek - watch the 6 original films last fall with Blank Check's Commentaries and this show all over my twitter has got me watching TNG films.

Anyways - what is a fun novice Trek pod that covers the films and such? I'm scared to dive into a pod that's too into the fandom with knowledge.

Also, can I watch Pickard with just the 4 films under my belt or should I watch some of TNG?

Season 1 you can get on just knowing the films (as long as you watched Star Trek: First Contact/Nemesis). Season 2 you need to watch some Q episodes to get to understand the fiend/friendship of Picard and Q and maybe miss Easter Eggs if not heavily into TNG/DS9/Voyager. Season 3 of Picard is good and fun for new fans but if you watched TNG/DS9/Voyager you’ll appreciate the Easter Eggs and little details which make Season 3 a masterpiece!!!

Shameless plug but me and my mates going to do more Trek related Podcasts soon, so if there a topic you want let us know: https://youtube.com/@WeAreGeekple

You should definitely watch The Best of Both Worlds Parts 1 & 2, and probably Family as well, as those are the episodes that First Contact and Picard reference about the Borg. If you want to see the Borg's first appearance (Q Who) it also includes Q, so you'd be killing two birds with one stone.

There's also a few characters from TNG that pop up in season 3, but watching their essential episodes might be a little spoilery and convoluted.

As for podcasts, the only Trek one I listen to is The Delta Flyers (about Voyager) so I'm not familiar with any TNG/Picard ones.

Not sure about podcast, but for a really fun, accessible documentary series on Star Trek that covers its history in an entertaining way, definitely check out The Center Seat.

Season 1 you can get on just knowing the films (as long as you watched Star Trek: First Contact/Nemesis). Season 2 you need to watch some Q episodes to get to understand the fiend/friendship of Picard and Q and maybe miss Easter Eggs if not heavily into TNG/DS9/Voyager. Season 3 of Picard is good and fun for new fans but if you watched TNG/DS9/Voyager you’ll appreciate the Easter Eggs and little details which make Season 3 a masterpiece!!!

Shameless plug but me and my mates going to do more Trek related Podcasts soon, so if there a topic you want let us know: https://youtube.com/@WeAreGeekple
You should definitely watch The Best of Both Worlds Parts 1 & 2, and probably Family as well, as those are the episodes that First Contact and Picard reference about the Borg. If you want to see the Borg's first appearance (Q Who) it also includes Q, so you'd be killing two birds with one stone.

There's also a few characters from TNG that pop up in season 3, but watching their essential episodes might be a little spoilery and convoluted.

As for podcasts, the only Trek one I listen to is The Delta Flyers (about Voyager) so I'm not familiar with any TNG/Picard ones.
Not sure about podcast, but for a really fun, accessible documentary series on Star Trek that covers its history in an entertaining way, definitely check out The Center Seat.

thank-you-captain-jean-luc-picard.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"