General Trek Talk Are you a Star Trek fan? The official Star Trek thread where no fan has gone before..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Bite

Superhero
Reaction score
I personally am a huge Star Trek fan. My favorite series is the Next Generation, followed by Voyager. I love the ideals and political tone to it. I really do, and I feel the show is really about hope.

As weird as this sounds but my being a huge star trek fan is really what led to me taking an interest and politics and world affairs. It probably also contributed to my being so liberal. I think the show really has a lot to offer people.

What's your take on Star Trek?

I like the original series, but thats about it. :o

the only time i would watch Star Trek is when i was flipping through the channels and Shatner would be talking.
and then i would just watch if for comedic value.

and Lavar Burton from Reading Rainbow is the MAN!:heart:

Hell yes!!! TNG is the best:cwink:

BTW this belongs in Misc. Tv. Series:cwink:

heypapajinx said:
the only time i would watch Star Trek is when i was flipping through the channels and Shatner would be talking.
and then i would just watch if for comedic value.

and Lavar Burton from Reading Rainbow is the MAN!:heart:

I met him last summer!

I sometimes watch Voyager when it's on. But I wouldn't consider myself a big Star Trek Fan.

They made a show about star tractors?

I used to how to drive those around the corn field all day untill my face went numb. I miss running over those rabbits.

Hard to pick a favorite, but I've enjoyed aspects and elements of many of the series.

You know, ever since I was in like, grade 4, I'd watch TNG with my dad and absolutely LOVE IT. I didn't like DS9 so much once it started; that is I don't recall watching Star Trek every week after TNG ended. I watched the premiere of Voyager and most of its run and I thought it was okay, I just didn't like how cheesy Janeway was. I watched the TNG movies religiously, and I've seen the original movies ever few years since I was just a kid. I was never a fan of TOS, though, other than the movies.

Over the last few months I've downloaded and watched the entirety of Star Trek: Enterprise, and I've got to say it's a damn fine show. The first two seasons were a little over-the-top, but the 3rd season arc was incredible. I watched every single season 3 episode in a row once I started watching the first one. The final season paid good homage to TOS, which it supposedly predated, by bringing up several good issues such as the Romulans, the Augments, and the Klingons. I wish it could've gone on another season, mostly so that they could film a different series finale to replace the godawful one we got with fat Riker and old Troi.

My favorite Trek series:

1. TNG
This is THE science-fiction nerd's flagship show. If you understand the technobabble, you can then begin to appreciate how the focus of each show is on what makes the human spirit such a blessing.

2. ENT
What I loved about Enterprise was how it melded our modern outlook with what could someday be imagined as the atmosphere in TOS, sort of a retrograde '60s look. Scott Bakula still pisses me off, but for what it's worth, I would watch ENT from beginning to end over and over again.

3. DS9
3. VOY
These two series were tied for me. While I remember mostly how cool the Battle of Wolf 359 was in the opening scenes of DS9, I recall watching Voyager get swept away to the Delta Quadrant while I was just a kid. I didn't like DS9 until they brought in Worf and the war with the Dominion, but every random episode of VOY that I saw seemed to be average, nothing else.

5. TOS
I just can't get into it, it just seems so damn campy. Despite how awesome Shatner is, plus the hilarity of some of McCoy's lines.

Yeah, I'm a fan of Star Trek. Not a huge fan of it like my brother, but I do enjoy it, especially the films. I'd say the best series is either the original series or The Next Generation. :up:

I like DS9 the best.

Not a fan of Voyager or Enterprise.

I like the orginal, TNG, DS9(some) and some Voyager

TNG, its what got me into genre television although these days there's not much on thats anygood, maybe SG Atlantis.

yeah im a trekkie.. but i HATE Voyager and Enterprise..
my favorit is DS9, love the idea of Dark Trek and a huge war..

For me DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise are the best.

I'm a ST fan to the core.

TNG/DS9 were the best.

"Jimmy ... ya broke me back jimmy ..."

Sand in face, rip shirt, double axe handle chop. Save the day and don't mess the do.

Much as I love TNG, Kirk is still my favorite captain.

I really don't have a favorite, I've seen most of the movies and will watch TNG or original series whenever I flick them on while channel surfing.Can't get into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise.

Firefly is soo better in my eyes, but I do enjoy TNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"