General Trek Talk Are you a Star Trek fan? The official Star Trek thread where no fan has gone before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirk, McCoy, and Spock for me. :up:

Next Generation was a close second though.

as much as I love Star Trek, I don't think that kind of world could exist in the real world...

only in television...

Yeah.

Everything nice and pleasant, working to better yourself and not for money, no money, cool space ships, etc.

...I wish. :csad:

I not a Star Trek fan but I've seen the movies when they're on TV and I know about the classic characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy and have some understanding of the ST universe.

I prefer Wrath of Khan, Search For Spock and The Voyage Home over other ST films.

But I've tried watching The Next Generation and haven't the faintest idea what its about.

Not really a trekkie, but I kinda like watching the old series from time to time. A co-worker of mine, who is a fan of Star Trek thinks TNG is the best as far as the shows go. No idea what his opinion is on the films.

kakarot069 said:
as much as I love Star Trek, I don't think that kind of world could exist in the real world...

only in television...
Well consider that Star Trek universe is a post apocalyptic earth. Just after survivors of the nuclear war (WW3) and massive genocide (eugenics war) have rebuilt the planet. Basically our society died under mushroom clouds and the death camps of Khan Singh. So I don't find totally unrealistic.

For a while, I wanted to join the navy because Star Trek ranks were based on navy ranks. Im a big fan of The Next Generation, my favorite character is Data

When did SpikeTv start showing Voyager?

But anyways, G4TV is going to start showing TNG in2.0.......... Anybody else think ST2.0 is really annoying?

I'm a big Trek fan.

My favorite series in order:
1. DS9
2. TNG
3. TOS
4. ENT
5. VOY

(Never saw TAS)

Movies:
1. The Undiscovered Country
2. The Wrath of Khan
3. First Contact
4. The Search for Spock
5. Generations
6. The Final Frontier
7. Nemesis
8. Insurrection
9. The Voyage Home
10. The Motion Picture

David Starsky said:
When did SpikeTv start showing Voyager?

But anyways, G4TV is going to start showing TNG in2.0.......... Anybody else think ST2.0 is really annoying?
they started an all week marathon on Monday... I gotta say, after watching the entire (yes, entire) marathon, I absolutely love it. I love the way they use time travel in this series... time travel and space are my most favorite sci-fi themes. TNG is still my favorite, but Voyager is definitely my second favorite...

I can't say anything about G4 because I don't get that channel in FL... when I lived in AL, I did, and I loved Trek: Uncut. but when i was with relatives during thanksgiving, I did see a little of Trek 2.0, and yeah, it IS annoying... I really don't care to see what other people say, I just wanna see the show w/o any distractions.

BTW, Voyager will be on weekdays on SpikeTV at 5pm and 6pm EST starting January 2nd... I CAN'T WAIT :D :up:

one more thing... has anyone ever just sat outside on a clear night and look at the stars while listening to Star Trek music, and just get lost in the music and the stars?... I'd hate to be the only one :)

I love watching the episodes of Voyager on Spike.
I love the odd ball character pairings, etc.

...and Jeri Ryan. :wow:

hell yeah...
Poster_26677.jpg

you know, I'll be honest, When I first watched Voyager, I didn't know what to think of Janeway, but she's really grown on me...

another thing I like from that show is that there's more color in the uniform design and environment like there was in TNG... that's one of the reasons why I didn't like DS9. Too dark and gritty for me.

Spider-Bite said:
So guys, how do we make that future our future?
I think our future is more like Babylon 5.

As for Trek, I enjoy the original series, and about most of Next Gen. I never got into Deep Space Nine. With Voyager, I saw great potential wasted. The writers played it safe and never took the mittens off.

I like most incarnations of Star Trek, but I tend to gravitate towards the movies with the original series cast - Kirk, Spock, etc.

TNG is obviously my favourite because i grew up with that show and Patrick Stewart has such a strong, and yet elegant presence. It was the best ship with the best crew, IMO.

I also like the old series, because that's where it all started. Ok, so it was campy, but what wasn't in those days?

Next up is Voyager, which to me is the series which portrayed the best relationships. It got a little stale towards the end because of forced situations and feelings (Seven and Chakotay have the hots for eachother all of the sudden!?) but it was a very entertaining series. Except for that episode where Paris and Janeway get turned into iguanas. God, i wish I could delete that one from my memory. :)

My fav Trek movies in order.

10. The Final Froienter
9. Insurrection
8. Nemesis
7. The Motion Picture
6. The Search for Spock
5. Generations
4. Wrath of Kahn
3. The Undiscovered Country
2. The Voyage Home
1. First Contact

ts44_feat_main.jpg

I just got back into the show over the summer and i just started watching DS9 and Voyager and TNG is still my fav. but DS9 has so much Klingon action! I love that. I voted TNG, for the record.

I liked the Next Generation, but nothing can beat the Holy Trinity of Kirk, Spock and Doctor McCoy.

this might be a stupid question, but who here has even gone far enough to create their own starship?

I did. I'm in the Holodeck right now. :)

I've watched the series in syndication justwhen I happen to catch it for years, but just this month I picked up TNG season 6 and 7 and the movie boxset and have been loving watching them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"