General Trek Talk Are you a Star Trek fan? The official Star Trek thread where no fan has gone before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I remember thinking how much cooler it would have been if the year of hell two parter was actually an entire season.

That would have been great.

Spend the first third of the season going about things normally, with minor brushes with the Krenim, which puts them on the path to building temporal shields against their weapons. But the writers could've included minor inconsistencies in the show's continuity that would hint at the constantly changing timeline. The crew mentioning something from a previous episode that didn't happen, or happened a way different than what we saw. They could even spend an entire episode where Voyager desperately works to save a race from something and succeed just in the nick of time. Then a temporal wave washes over everything, and suddenly Voyager is orbiting a dead planet, with Janeway commenting how they couldn't make it to help in time.

That would have been a punch in the viewer's guts.

In the next third, Voyager gets its temporal shields working, and they witness a time shift. So they go and try to stop the Krenim, and take a hell of beating as every attempt fails. Eventually, Janeway has no choice but to order most of the crew off Voyager because the Krenim have grown too large and strong, and the ship can no longer support everyone, so they need to try and find help. At this point, Chakotay and Tom are taken by the Krenim.

The last third would be the crew on board repairing Voyager, while the rest of the crew finds aliens to help them build a fleet, and Tom and Chakotay working on stopping the Krenim from the inside.

And then it all ends the same way the two-parter did, and the entire season gets reset and never happened.

Not that would have been a punch in the viewer's guts. :p

That would have been a jaw-droppingly awesome way to end the season.

It really makes me wish, since the newest startrek movie, that they would try a new startrek series. set after voyager, with the effects of todays tv shows, and the serious, heaviness and dark tones alot of todays dramas have.

A New Frontier series would still be great.

And they have plenty of source material to build from (some of it I would leave out).

I would love for a series that allowed for a larger number of cast members who aren't affiliated with Starfleet, or even The Federation.

^That's cool. I'd love a Starfleet Academy series too. And a Section 31 series.

I honestly don't care if they do it normal or Abramsverse, but I think it's time we got this thing going again. It'd be funny if it was a ship that was employed, somehow, in fixing the timestream so that we still get the normal universe, swap vulcan for romulus.

A New Frontier series would still be great.

And they have plenty of source material to build from (some of it I would leave out).

I haven't read any of it yet, but it sounds cool. It's time for an Alien Captain, imho.

^That's cool. I'd love a Starfleet Academy series too. And a Section 31 series.

I honestly don't care if they do it normal or Abramsverse, but I think it's time we got this thing going again. It'd be funny if it was a ship that was employed, somehow, in fixing the timestream so that we still get the normal universe, swap vulcan for romulus.

No need, the normal universe still exists.

TNG Remastered anyone?:D

"Finally today, we've got a little something for you Trekkies. Consider it very Rumor Mill-worthy, as nothing has been officially announced (though that may change soon - more in a minute). But a lot of you have been asking us if Star Trek: The Next Generation - Remastered is ever going to happen. We've mentioned previously that tests on the feasibility of the project have been on-going at CBS for some time, and one of the key concerns has been cost. (Click here and scroll down a bit.) Well, today we've got an update for you...

As some of you may be aware, a few months ago Netflix signed a non-exclusive deal with CBS allowing them to digitally stream the entire Star Trek library to their customers, along with popular ancillary titles like MacGyver. Well, that arrangement definitely tripped our sensors. Not only is that financial incentive for TNG Remastered to move forward, but the fact that J.J. Abrams' big-screen Trek sequel is likely to start shooting in September (for theatrical release next year) provides a sufficient marketing/cross-promotional incentive too. So after several months of looking into this, our industry sources have finally begun hinting that TNG Remastered IS moving forward and that Netflix (and possibly Paramount's Epix cable channel, which has a strong relationship with the streaming service) may be the first place you'll finally see it - in HD - starting sometime in the fall. Meanwhile, SD TNG episodes will begin appearing on Netflix in July. Trek Movie posted this a month ago:

"Netflix confirmed they will be streaming every episode of every season for all five live-action Star Trek series: the original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise will all become available on July 1st. DS9 will launch on October 1st. TOS and Enterprise will be available in HD."

While Deep Space Nine and Voyager are unlikely to generate the kind of revenue to justify a Remastered redo effort (and Enterprise is already available in HD), we believe a high-definition film scan of The Next Generation is very likely in the cards for the entire series run, along with the requisite digitally-upgraded effects. Of course, in addition to syndication and streaming, the end result of all this might be a Next Generation: Remastered Blu-ray release down the line. So if all goes well, you could be spinning Picard and Data on disc in glorious HD by this time next year. In any case, we'll post additional updates on this as they come in. Our best guess: Watch for official news to break at Comic-Con in July."
http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back