General Trek Talk Favorite Star Trek Series?

Voyager, since thats the only series I saw in its full run.

I would of gone with DS9, which also is very good, but I missed the last episode :down

Immortalfire said:
I'll never understand the hate on Voyager. It was a ton more Star Trek-ish than Deep Space Nine ever was. I loved DS9, but Voyager actually did what Trek is about; exploring space.
I couldn't get in to the characters. I liked Paris, Neelix, and the Doctor, but the rest were meh.

I really liked Voyager, I think they should have been a bit more desperate considering where they were but I still enjoyed the show as a whole.

Captain Kirk said:
Sorry, Voyager sucks too much to compromise!:woot:

I agree Captain. Some lines just can't be crossed. But to Immortalfire, to each his own I guess. I just knew somebody had to be watching VOY, and actually liking it, and now I've found you :woot:.

VOY was good, not upto the standard of next gen or the heavenly original series *grabs tissue*, but still one of the better sci-series of the 90's

Cyrusbales said:
VOY was good, not upto the standard of next gen or the heavenly original series *grabs tissue*, but still one of the better sci-series of the 90's

I disagree that it was one of the better sci-fi shows of the 90s. You had Babylon 5, Farscape, X-Files, and Deep Space Nine that were much much better. VOY pretty much devolved into an action-adventure show IMO, but Stargate SG-1 did that better too. Even though it only lasted a season, I think Space: Above & Beyond was a superior show as well.

DS9

it had the best characters, story, and plots.
dealing with things no other series did

second TOS
then TNG
Enterprise
VOY

voyage was god awful, Ezri Dax who was only in Ds9 for hte last season had more character, personality, and development then all voyagers characters combined over its 7 year run. the only decent character voyager had was the doctor.

they had tuvok who could have been great, but he didn't do anything, chaokta could have been a plank of wood, most episodes just showed seven for sex appeal but in reality she wasn't that intresting. They ruined the borg, a GREAT TNG villian. they had a few good villians but they didn't do anything with them.

good premise, dull characters, dull plots.
awful show,

though i will admit the last episode was pretty good.

thats my VOY rant.

Ds9 rules.:oldrazz:

Next gen is my fave. Interesting, I didn’t think it would be the most popular here but I guess that’s the one we all grew up with

TNG is far and away the best. I enjoyed DS9's war storyline and TOS was a childhood staple.

Voyager comes 4th, from season 4 onward.

Strange New Worlds is 5th.

The other shows dont exist as far as I'm concerned.

Deep Space Nine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"