• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Iron Fist Finn Jones Says That Production Was Rushed

Very telling and very informative. Certainly explains a lot.

Only giving him 3 weeks to train and 15-20 minutes to learn the choreography? Yikes.

Last edited:
If Finn is being totally honest then this was fated to be what it was with such little lead time to pull it all together. I actually think the choreography was fine, but in comparison to what they did on DD you can see the difference made when you give the production time to really make something spectacular. I also think that frankly they cheaped out on the show in general. Not seeing flashbacks to K'un-Lun hurt the show. That too may have been an issue of time.

If Finn is being totally honest then this was fated to be what it was with such little lead time to pull it all together. I actually think the choreography was fine, but in comparison to what they did on DD you can see the difference made when you give the production time to really make something spectacular. I also think that frankly they cheaped out on the show in general. Not seeing flashbacks to K'un-Lun hurt the show. That too may have been an issue of time.

I think it was. I remember reading that Marvel had trouble finding a showrunner. Scott Buck actually gave them a last-minute pitch and I really don't blame the guy as much as I used to since there were a number of factors. Ted Serandos ordered a certain number of shows to air by the end of 2017 and Jeph Loeb was under contract. Then you had Marco Ramirez who wanted to work on Defenders and Melissa Rosenberg who needed to wait to work on a new season of Jessica Jones. I actually now have a slightly heightened interested in Inhumans now since I no longer view Scott Buck as the bad guy but as a man handed a bad situation where he didn't have the time to execute his vision.

To be fair, this show had a very short turn around from when Buck took over and when production had to start, so no one should be shocked.

Well Finn better look great on the Defenders then.

How is that even possible? They had the most time to prep for this show? It was the last one before defenders?

The show runner was hired later in the process than any other show

I think it was. I remember reading that Marvel had trouble finding a showrunner. Scott Buck actually gave them a last-minute pitch and I really don't blame the guy as much as I used to since there were a number of factors. Ted Serandos ordered a certain number of shows to air by the end of 2017 and Jeph Loeb was under contract. Then you had Marco Ramirez who wanted to work on Defenders and Melissa Rosenberg who needed to wait to work on a new season of Jessica Jones. I actually now have a slightly heightened interested in Inhumans now since I no longer view Scott Buck as the bad guy but as a man handed a bad situation where he didn't have the time to execute his vision.

While yes, I'm not sure Inhumans is any less rushed. Now, in fairness, they have a significant more time for post-production, which is absolutely essential, and they don't have to film episode eight before the September 1 deadline, but it did feel they went into production very quickly after casting and I don't think they announced a showrunner that long ago.

It makes me wonder if Scott Buck is simply someone they trust to turn out a product on a short turnaround.

Maybe the smart thing would have been to just scrap Iron Fist altogether, and use Defenders as a platform to introduce him. The Hand tries to take over New York, Luke, Jessica and Matt have their hands full fending them off, suddenly there's a new fighter that joins the fray, who kicks all kinds of ass. We learn he's Danny Rand, who was protecting the gates of K'un-Lun, when the Hand attacked and he followed them to New York. Then at the end of Defenders, instead of returning to K'un-Lun, he decides to stay because he wants to reconnect with his past life. And then you could have given him his own solo show.

Oh well, things that could have been. I just hope they make him a badass in Defenders and give him a better personality, so I can just forget his solo ever happened.

If true, then the entire show makes sense now.

It felt like an "assembly line" show when I watched it and that's what it ended up being. Finn looked stiff and unnatural in the majority of the fights.

They mentioned the episode directed by the RZA and that one had more style and "vision" than the entire first season. They need to give RZA control of season one (if it happens), bring in a bunch of traditional martial arts movie directors to do the individual episodes.

Really, they could have fixed alot of the fight scenes by having Danny wear the Iron Fist mask. They had a built in reason for him needing it (protect his identity while attempting to wrestle his company back from the Meachums). Then you get to stick in a stunt fighter and it automatically fixes the fights.

Not surprised. I remember there was talk that the show wasn't even going to happen at all and was maybe going to be a movie.

Sad thing is, this is the one show that would need the MOST amount of time and attention. It requires more fight choreography and special effects than the other Netflix Marvel shows combined.

Maybe the smart thing would have been to just scrap Iron Fist altogether, and use Defenders as a platform to introduce him. The Hand tries to take over New York, Luke, Jessica and Matt have their hands full fending them off, suddenly there's a new fighter that joins the fray, who kicks all kinds of ass. We learn he's Danny Rand, who was protecting the gates of K'un-Lun, when the Hand attacked and he followed them to New York. Then at the end of Defenders, instead of returning to K'un-Lun, he decides to stay because he wants to reconnect with his past life. And then you could have given him his own solo show.

Oh well, things that could have been. I just hope they make him a badass in Defenders and give him a better personality, so I can just forget his solo ever happened.

That would've worked SO well! Brillaint. And if Danny's character was well received he could get his own show a la Punisher. This wouldve been the better outcome.

I agree that if the Defenders show was going to delve so deeply into the Hand, Danny and Colleen Wing should have been introduced then.

Hopefully if there is a season 2 they will have learned their lessons. Would be nice to see a good chunk of story set in K'un-lun.

so first he says it's "for the fans" and now he says it was rushed

How is that even possible? They had the most time to prep for this show? It was the last one before defenders?

Marvel has a reputation for having a lackadaisical approach at times. Some of the actors have even mentioned it.

Marvel got lucky sometimes with things turning out that could of easily been a disaster.

Not letting Ruffalo know if he had the job until 5 o'clock in the morning of the day he had to go to Comic-con where they announced the avengers.
[YT]/bYe1-9oLdkI[/YT]

Not having a proper script for Iron Man

Jeff Bridges
"They had no script, man. They had an outline. We would show up for big scenes every day and we wouldn't know what we were going to say. We would have to go into our trailer and work on this scene and call up writers on the phone, 'You got any ideas?' Meanwhile the crew is tapping their foot on the stage waiting for us to come on."

Bridges, director Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. would literally act out sequences during primitive rehearsals, Downey taking on Bridges's role and vice versa, to find and essentially improvise their way to full scenes, the actor recounts. Bridges says that the entire production was probably saved by the improv prowess of the film's director and star.

"You've got the suits from Marvel in the trailer with us saying, 'No, you wouldn't say that,'" Bridges continued. "You would think with a $200 million movie you'd have the **** together, but it was just the opposite. And the reason for that is because they get ahead of themselves. They have a release date before the script, ‘Oh, we'll have the script before that time,' and they don't have their **** together.

"Jon dealt with it so well," Bridges continues. "It freaked me out. I was very anxious. I like to be prepared. I like to know my lines, man, that's my school. Very prepared. That was very irritating, and then I just made this adjustment. It happens in movies a lot where something's rubbing against your fur and it's not feeling right, but it's just the way it is. You can spend a lot of energy complaining about that or you can figure out how you're going to do it, how you're going to play this hand you've been dealt. What you can control is how you perceive things and your thinking about it. So I said, ‘Oh, what we're doing here, we're making a $200 million student film. We're all just *******' around! We're playin'. Oh, great!' That took all the pressure off. ‘Oh, just jam, man, just play.' And it turned out great!"

Paul Rudd and Adam McKay spent six weeks in a holed up in a hotel rewriting Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script after Wright walked away in the hopes of getting the movie out on time.

Cumberbatch and Scott Derrickson also talked about how quick the turn around was on the Doctor Strange production as they were in a rush to meet the release date.
“[Scott Derrickson is] very good on process, and he’s very good on visuals and he had to cram a lot in. I mean this was a much harder shoot in many ways than I imagine some of the other origin stories had been. They’re all hard, not to detract from the hard work that they put in, but my point is that there was a massively fast turn around. So he was having to edit and approve special effects shots at the same time as setting up these huge sequences live and getting the camera and angles and performances and visuals right on the day. So he was double tasking in a pretty full on way and then he was, for someone who’s done stuff to do with the supernatural before but never, as he’d be the first to admit I’m sure, never quite on this scale. He had to do it all with great skill and the results are on the screen.

I kinda feel bad for him. Sounds like he had a good opportunity and found himself in this huge controversial spotlight early in his career that he had no control over.

I really do feel bad for Finn. I liked his performance, but he was clearly let down by a sloppy script and a rushed production.

so first he says it's "for the fans" and now he says it was rushed

Those aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Well, I still loved it. Can't wait to see what we get with them taking their time.

I really do feel bad for Finn. I liked his performance, but he was clearly let down by a sloppy script and a rushed.

Marvel is going to end up firing him. They, obviously, cannot with the Defenders as filming has wrapped. But if there is an Iron Fist season 2, Defenders season 2, or the character is part of Luke Cage season 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go. Marvel has shown several times that, unless your name is Robert Downey Jr., they have no problem recasting you. They have fired other actors for stepping out of the company line or being divas off-screen. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen here as Jones has been way too vocal; first turning this show into a political issue and now speaking up about production. This show was already seen as a blemish on Marvel's record. But by drawing attention to it, Jones has really amplified the negative attention. Marvel might fire him for that. Of course, that could be Jones's goal. He clearly isn't happy with this product or the heat it has brought on him. He may be trying to get Marvel to decide he is a bigger headache than he is worth and release him from his contract.

not a good reasoning want to talk about a rushed production go look at x men first class which is a really good comic book movie that was shot,edited and released in a span of 8 months

sounds like more excuses

Marvel is going to end up firing him. They, obviously, cannot with the Defenders as filming has wrapped. But if there is an Iron Fist season 2, Defenders season 2, or the character is part of Luke Cage season 2, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go. Marvel has shown several times that, unless your name is Robert Downey Jr., they have no problem recasting you. They have fired other actors for stepping out of the company line or being divas off-screen. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen here as Jones has been way too vocal; first turning this show into a political issue and now speaking up about production. This show was already seen as a blemish on Marvel's record. But by drawing attention to it, Jones has really amplified the negative attention. Marvel might fire him for that. Of course, that could be Jones's goal. He clearly isn't happy with this product or the heat it has brought on him. He may be trying to get Marvel to decide he is a bigger headache than he is worth and release him from his contract.

He shouldn't have been so outspoken but I doubt he's trying to sabotage his own career. I also highly doubt that Marvel is going to recast him, but you never know.

Marvel has a reputation for having a lackadaisical approach at times. Some of the actors have even mentioned it.

Marvel got lucky sometimes with things turning out that could of easily been a disaster.

Not letting Ruffalo know if he had the job until 5 o'clock in the morning of the day he had to go to Comic-con where they announced the avengers.
[YT]/bYe1-9oLdkI[/YT]

Not having a proper script for Iron Man

Jeff Bridges

Paul Rudd and Adam McKay spent six weeks in a holed up in a hotel rewriting Edgar Wright's Ant-Man script after Wright walked away in the hopes of getting the movie out on time.

Cumberbatch and Scott Derrickson also talked about how quick the turn around was on the Doctor Strange production as they were in a rush to meet the release date.

Hearing these stories makes me feel Marvel just got cocky. They stumbled into success with there other properties and thought they could get away with it for a 4th time. I'm actually glad they've got a bit of a wake up call. I hope they tighten up after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"