• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Iron Fist Finn Jones Says That Production Was Rushed

He shouldn't have been so outspoken but I doubt he's trying to sabotage his own career. I also highly doubt that Marvel is going to recast him, but you never know.

Why do you highly doubt it? They've done it before. And they've done it before with the lead character of one of their vehicles (Ed Norton). It's certainly conceivable.

As to Jones not wanting to sabotage his career, you're assuming that he does not view being associated with a high profile dud as more harmful than being fired by Marvel.

To be honest, the fights were far from the only problems with this show.

I think it's more likely he's just not smart enough to see the pitfalls of what he says. His comment about the 'Trump' effect is kind of enough to me that he's good at inserting his foot in his mouth.

He shouldn't have been so outspoken but I doubt he's trying to sabotage his own career. I also highly doubt that Marvel is going to recast him, but you never know.

They could just replace him with Danny Masterson. No one would notice. :woot:

I think it's more likely he's just not smart enough to see the pitfalls of what he says. His comment about the 'Trump' effect is kind of enough to me that he's good at inserting his foot in his mouth.

The show made that comment even more baffling when there's [BLACKOUT]a blonde guy who lives in a ridiculous penthouse with a spineless creepy son and a comparatively smart daughter who says something to the extent of "we'll make Rand honest again."[/BLACKOUT] But no, I'm sure it'll endear people to you and your show by comparing the lead to him. Really thought that comment through.

The show made that comment even more baffling when there's [BLACKOUT]a blonde guy who lives in a ridiculous penthouse with a spineless creepy son and a comparatively smart daughter who says something to the extent of "we'll make Rand honest again."[/BLACKOUT] But no, I'm sure it'll endear people to you and your show by comparing the lead to him. Really thought that comment through.

Yeah. A smarter man, or more clever?, would have probably made the argument that they have Trump place-ins and he gets to look like a Liberal hero in comparison. It would have been a safe thing to say, too, with how public everyone else is about their feelings for the President.

Instead, it made it seem like Danny was the Trump stand in. I don't think he intended it that way, but that was the implication.

I don't know Jones, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's a great Danny/ Iron Fist. But, I think he'd be better served talking less. He just needs to shut up.

It seems like he's just in a position where he's trying to defend the show and some of its choices amid the backlash it's received and he's not particularly good at doing that. It happens; some people suck at PR. But I could see Marvel getting pissed off at him, especially given his comments about the production being rushed and all that.

I have no ill will towards Finn, ultimately the production failed him. He probably didnt even get a chance to read amd study the books to fully immerse himself in the character and make the role his own. He just did whatever the script said and Scott Buck instructed him to do.

It seems like he's just in a position where he's trying to defend the show and some of its choices amid the backlash it's received and he's not particularly good at doing that. It happens; some people suck at PR. But I could see Marvel getting pissed off at him, especially given his comments about the production being rushed and all that.

Yeah. Though, to be fair to the guy he's probably been getting hate messages via social media since he was cast. Being called a racist, just because he's playing Danny, would probably wear thin on anybody. He's not American, either, and I often think that race relations in America is just a different ballgame for people born and raised outside the U.S.

I would hope Marvel, instead of getting pissed off at him, would talk to him first and get their ducks in a row. Coordinate and help the guy out.

I mean, this is Marvel. Not DC Films, so...one would think.

I really do feel bad for Finn. I liked his performance, but he was clearly let down by a sloppy script and a rushed production.

Those aren't exactly mutually exclusive.
if your first excuse is not at all in line with your second, it makes it seem like the former was not genuine.

Yeah. Though, to be fair to the guy he's probably been getting hate messages via social media since he was cast. Being called a racist, just because he's playing Danny, would probably wear thin on anybody. He's not American, either, and I often think that race relations in America is just a different ballgame for people born and raised outside the U.S.

I would hope Marvel, instead of getting pissed off at him, would talk to him first and get their ducks in a row. Coordinate and help the guy out.

LOL, yeah. If it was the DCEU, they would have hired a company that makes trailers to re-edit all the footage a month and a half before its release so they could insert more pop music and nifty cartoonish graphics. They'd also be moving onto a Colleen Wing series (titled Hell's Kitchen's Siren) since she's the one thing people can all seem to agree on that's good about this series, and they'd have already hired and fired three potential directors for season 2.

Why do you highly doubt it? They've done it before. And they've done it before with the lead character of one of their vehicles (Ed Norton). It's certainly conceivable.

It's certainly conceivable, I just don't think it's going to happen. I think it's more likely that Iron Fist just won't get a season 2.

As to Jones not wanting to sabotage his career, you're assuming that he does not view being associated with a high profile dud as more harmful than being fired by Marvel.

He's already associated with a high-profile dud. That ship has sailed. Him speaking out and being fired by Marvel would just make the situation far worse for him, and I'm certain he knows that.
if your first excuse is not at all in line with your second, it makes it seem like the former was not genuine.

And I'm saying that I don't see how the first excuse is "not at all in line" with the second. Those are different excuses, but not mutually exclusive.

not a good reasoning want to talk about a rushed production go look at x men first class which is a really good comic book movie that was shot,edited and released in a span of 8 months

sounds like more excuses

I'd say First Class is an exception. Most of the times a poorly planned production ends up going poorly.

Also you are comparing a 2 hour movie to a 13 hour television series.

It's not really high profile or a dud though, is it? The audience ratings are good and only Netflix knows how many people are actually watching it.

Britain has had it's own race relation problems over the years so it isn't like he is unfamiliar with the issues. Many of Finn's co-stars in Iron Fist were British actors of color as well (Davos, Colleen & Drunken master guy).

Finn seems to be socially progressive left wing guy like a lot of middle class millennials. Being seen as a racially insensitive person clearly bothers him. I think he is clearly frustrated by the hate he is getting for playing the role.
I'd say First Class is an exception. Most of the times a poorly planned production ends up going poorly.

Also you are comparing a 2 hour movie to a 13 hour television series.

Yep. A Two hour movie and a 13 episode television series are not the same thing. Matthew Vaughn is a producer and director who is used to filming on a very tight schedule. Vaughn isn't a conventional Hollywood big budget filmmaker.

I thought it was public knowledge that the production was rushed. They got a show runner at the last minute.

Last edited:
And I'm saying that I don't see how the first excuse is "not at all in line" with the second. Those are different excuses, but not mutually exclusive.
it's gotten bad ass reviews. that's the fact. if Loras is complying with the criticism by saying the show was rushed, it's not in line with saying the show is for the fans because that's not complying with the critics' reviews.

I am not sure the show is a dud. Critically, sure, but time will tell if Netflix renews it or merges it with Luke Cage.

The show definitely isn't a dud, it's just being compared to the best shows because it has every reason to be.

it's gotten bad ass reviews. that's the fact. if Loras is complying with the criticism by saying the show was rushed, it's not in line with saying the show is for the fans because that's not complying with the critics' reviews.
The title of the thread isn't a quote.
He also said this on the same interview:
“When the fans see the show on the 17th of March they will be pleasantly surprised... I don’t think it’s as bad as people are letting on.”

I am not sure the show is a dud. Critically, sure, but time will tell if Netflix renews it or merges it with Luke Cage.

For what it's worth its rated highly by users. Stuff like this has fanboys popping teh ratings which tend to even out over time.

For what it's worth its rated highly by users. Stuff like this has fanboys popping teh ratings which tend to even out over time.
I suspect that if it didn't have Marvel's name attached the user rating wouldn't be so high. A lot of people have been convinced, either by peers or themselves, that just because something is made by Marvel it's good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"