Xbox Forza Horizon 5

Looks great. I hope we see more games with that kind of graphics along the road. Game graphics have come a long way.

Crazy that this is a cross gen game. Can't imagine what Horizon 6 will look like when it's exclusively next gen and when Playground can take advantage of all the updates Turn 10 have been making to the ForzaTech engine.

I am to this day amazed how well FH4 looks on my One X and was blown away how well it looks on the Series S/X so I was floored when I saw footage of FH5.

I am to this day amazed how well FH4 looks on my One X and was blown away how well it looks on the Series S/X so I was floored when I saw footage of FH5.
Ha, I’ve just been playing Forza Horizon 4 due to the hype of 5, and 4 already looks so good and plays so well.

Lookin Good!

I'm hoping a lot of the systems and tech Playground is using for FH5 can be applied in some form to Fable.

Lookin Good!

I'm hoping a lot of the systems and tech Playground is using for FH5 can be applied in some form to Fable.
Most of the graphical effects (outside of cars) should be applicable. They are a super-talented studio and since coming under Microsoft have been given a big budget boost and have been hiring like crazy. I’m expecting the next Fable by these guys to be mind blowing. This upcoming Forza game is still cross gen and doesn’t take advantage of recent advances made in the ForzaTech engine that Turn 10 have been working on. Can only imagine what kind of games they can come up with when all shackles are off!

@X Knight also just saw you bought a Series X again. You should try out Horizon 4 on Gamepass.

@X Knight also just saw you bought a Series X again. You should try out Horizon 4 on Gamepass.
I just downloaded FH4 through Gamepass, and I see it's Series X/S optimized. And that's actually one thing I like about Xbox - they make it clear what is Series X/S optimized, what is Gamepass, etc. Not as clear on the PS5 in that regard.

Most of the graphical effects (outside of cars) should be applicable. They are a super-talented studio and since coming under Microsoft have been given a big budget boost and have been hiring like crazy. I’m expecting the next Fable by these guys to be mind blowing. This upcoming Forza game is still cross gen and doesn’t take advantage of recent advances made in the ForzaTech engine that Turn 10 have been working on. Can only imagine what kind of games they can come up with when all shackles are off!
Just hope we don't have to wait too long for Fable.

I just downloaded FH4 through Gamepass, and I see it's Series X/S optimized. And that's actually one thing I like about Xbox - they make it clear what is Series X/S optimized, what is Gamepass, etc. Not as clear on the PS5 in that regard.
Yes this is a big improvement as I have many games with gold over the years so I can tell how I own a particular game and if it is something I have for good or something that might go one day.

The 60 FPS boost for older titles has been amazing. Worth going back to see how much better they feel.

Yes this is a big improvement as I have many games with gold over the years so I can tell how I own a particular game and if it is something I have for good or something that might go one day.

The 60 FPS boost for older titles has been amazing. Worth going back to see how much better they feel.
The Auto-HDR is also a nice feature, as it is on the PS5, too. Really makes a difference on those older games!

I reckon about 2 years for Fable.
That would be great. Hope that means we get gameplay next year at the earliest. Though I have a feeling it's a bit further off and Avowed will come out first. But I'm looking forward to both.

The Auto-HDR is also a nice feature, as it is on the PS5, too. Really makes a difference on those older games!
Yeah, I’ve always loved vivid colours and HDR makes many scenes really pop.

That would be great. Hope that means we get gameplay next year at the earliest. Though I have a feeling it's a bit further off and Avowed will come out first. But I'm looking forward to both.
I think holiday 2023 is realistic. Next E3 for Microsoft many of their big first party games will finally be ready to show gameplay. They nailed the format of the conference finally after many failed attempts. Now just to upgrade the games featured to show gameplay of many more first party AAA games dropping day 1 into Gamepass. Playground is a very reliable and efficient studio so I’m not expecting significant delays on Fable but the plans could be very ambitious which will take time to implement.

I think holiday 2023 is realistic. Next E3 for Microsoft many of their big first party games will finally be ready to show gameplay. They nailed the format of the conference finally after many failed attempts. Now just to upgrade the games featured to show gameplay of many more first party AAA games dropping day 1 into Gamepass. Playground is a very reliable and efficient studio so I’m not expecting significant delays on Fable but the plans could be very ambitious which will take time to implement.
Avowed in early-mid 2023 and Fable in Holiday 2023 would be ideal for me. But we can't forget about Hellblade 2, and they may want to position that as their big Holiday/tentpole title whenever that comes out.

And yeah, MS really will have no more excuses if they fail to bring the big guns to next year's E3. They kind of got a pass this year because they did just enough to get by (plus everyone else except Nintendo royally sucked!). If they don't really deliver next year by showing us gameplay of these 1st party games that they've been working on, then I don't think the critics will be as kind.

Starfield will obviously dominate next year, but it's also time to start showing off your other stuff. Avowed and Fable were both revealed last year. We haven't heard or seen anything from either this year (so far). So they should be long overdue to showing something next year.

Avowed in early-mid 2023 and Fable in Holiday 2023 would be ideal for me. But we can't forget about Hellblade 2, and they may want to position that as their big Holiday/tentpole title whenever that comes out.

And yeah, MS really will have no more excuses if they fail to bring the big guns to next year's E3. They kind of got a pass this year because they did just enough to get by (plus everyone else except Nintendo royally sucked!). If they don't really deliver next year by showing us gameplay of these 1st party games that they've been working on, then I don't think the critics will be as kind.

Starfield will obviously dominate next year, but it's also time to start showing off your other stuff. Avowed and Fable were both revealed last year. We haven't heard or seen anything from either this year (so far). So they should be long overdue to showing something next year.
The delayed games will also contribute to a massive pileup of games when they land along with the games that didn’t see such severe delays. I think the dates you mention might be the actual dates we get both games. Hellblade 2 should be late 2023 or maybe 2024.

The delayed games will also contribute to a massive pileup of games when they land along with the games that didn’t see such severe delays. I think the dates you mention might be the actual dates we get both games. Hellblade 2 should be late 2023 or maybe 2024.
The floodgate of games should definitely start flowing out over the next few years. Hope the long wait will have been worth it!

The floodgate of games should definitely start flowing out over the next few years. Hope the long wait will have been worth it!
Should be, especially as the wait will be padded out with the big back catalogue of Gamepass and the smaller third party titles. 27 Gamepass game shown at this latest E3 along with a bunch that weren’t shown for some reason even though they are due out soon. Games like Forza also can have many hours ploughed into them over time. :D

Should be, especially as the wait will be padded out with the big back catalogue of Gamepass and the smaller third party titles. 27 Gamepass game shown at this latest E3 along with a bunch that weren’t shown for some reason even though they are due out soon. Games like Forza also can have many hours ploughed into them over time. :D
We shall see!

Watching the reveal trailer again, I just realized that they've included some arcade-style games to play as well as a game-creator mode. I don't recall those being in past FH titles. But that should definitely add replay value to the game.

I just hope some of the stuff in racing the Drivatars gets fixed like I go to enter a challenge race and you are locked to certain cars in the class of the race you own or have the option to buy a car in said class if you don't have one. One time I was in a race and one of the cars in the race was a car I had in my garage but it would not let me select it. another time I was doing a 3 race challenge to unlock a prize car and I beat 2 of the 3 races took a break and came back to race the 3rd race and the game did not recognized the car I was in the last 2 races and wanted me to buy one (it was a 60s GT40 race car, I had one done up in the Ken Burns livery from 66 Lemans).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"