G9: The Rainbow Room - Part 8

Wondering, is there any part of your personality or interests once you came out that you were surprised by?

Personally, how drawn I am to romance novels when I can relate to them the most (boy meet boy).

There were hints I guess as a teen - being curious in picking one up, but always being wary that it might out me. Now, I have a whole shelf full. Going from a guy that really didn't gravitate to romance novels, or films, to having a whole shelf of them - that was unexpected.

Wondering, is there any part of your personality or interests once you came out that you were surprised by?

Personally, how drawn I am to romance novels when I can relate to them the most (boy meet boy).

There were hints I guess as a teen - being curious in picking one up, but always being wary that it might out me. Now, I have a whole shelf full. Going from a guy that really didn't gravitate to romance novels, or films, to having a whole shelf of them - that was unexpected.
I remember one of the things I was anxious about when I realised I was gay was the politics and having to stand up for myself and my community. I hated the idea of being the centre of attention.

Now I’m a bit older and I kind of have just accepted that’s an inevitable part of being gay and in a lot of ways it pushed me out of my shell and opened my heart to listening to other communities too

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"