G9: The Rainbow Room - Part 8

Wondering, is there any part of your personality or interests once you came out that you were surprised by?

Personally, how drawn I am to romance novels when I can relate to them the most (boy meet boy).

There were hints I guess as a teen - being curious in picking one up, but always being wary that it might out me. Now, I have a whole shelf full. Going from a guy that really didn't gravitate to romance novels, or films, to having a whole shelf of them - that was unexpected.

Wondering, is there any part of your personality or interests once you came out that you were surprised by?

Personally, how drawn I am to romance novels when I can relate to them the most (boy meet boy).

There were hints I guess as a teen - being curious in picking one up, but always being wary that it might out me. Now, I have a whole shelf full. Going from a guy that really didn't gravitate to romance novels, or films, to having a whole shelf of them - that was unexpected.
I remember one of the things I was anxious about when I realised I was gay was the politics and having to stand up for myself and my community. I hated the idea of being the centre of attention.

Now I’m a bit older and I kind of have just accepted that’s an inevitable part of being gay and in a lot of ways it pushed me out of my shell and opened my heart to listening to other communities too

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"