Gareth Edwards's Jurassic City?

I guess most people know him from Bridgerton which I haven't watched or know anything about besides Rene Jean Page who became famous from there. Name and photo didn't ring any bells so I searched for him and saw he was also in the main cast of the first two seasons of Broadchurch that I'd seen back then, but still couldn't place him at all. So I googled photos of him in the show and only then I realised who he was. He's truly unrecognisable, wow!

He was great in the Showtime series Fellow Travelers with Matt Bomer, imo. He’s playing Fiyero, the male lead in the upcoming Wicked movie, but he’s mostly been a stage guy thus far. Won an Olivier for the West End revival of Company not too long ago. Super-talented actor, which I’m going to go out on a limb and predict won’t be showcased in this movie. :o

He was great in the Showtime series Fellow Travelers with Matt Bomer, imo. He’s playing Fiyero, the male lead in the upcoming Wicked movie, but he’s mostly been a stage guy thus far. Won an Olivier for the West End revival of Company not too long ago. Super-talented actor, which I’m going to go out on a limb and predict won’t be showcased in this movie. :o
FC has a thing for gay men apparently. Oh god she's Grace Adler. :o

I guarantee this ends up being at least the most entertaining Jurassic film since The Lost World. Or the most beautifully shot.

I hope Greig Fraser is the DP on this! His camerawork is impeccable.

I am also curious if Universal will let Edwards take the production route he did with The Creator— shoot on actual locations or sets, edit the scenes and then add the dino VFX.

There was that rumor a while back of this flick potentially filming in Hawaii, so it's possible.

There was that rumor a while back of this flick potentially filming in Hawaii, so it's possible.

I think they’ll do some on location filming in Hawaii but mostly film in England.

Most of us thought Dominion would be the best film in the franchise since the first movie, so given how that turned out, I like that you are positive while lowering the bar in expectations. :hehe:
At least we have Gareth Edwards this time haha. Also no more of that stupid hand stuff Pratts character was doing haha.

I hope Greig Fraser is the DP on this! His camerawork is impeccable.

I am also curious if Universal will let Edwards take the production route he did with The Creator— shoot on actual locations or sets, edit the scenes and then add the dino VFX.
Fraser would be a huge get. I was about to say it would be a big upgrade for the series but now that I think about it the Jurassic movies as a whole look pretty good in the cinematography department, especially The Lost World and Fallen Kingdom. TLW in particular is one of the rare Kaminski-Spielberg collaborations that doesn't overdo it with lens flare.

Fraser would be a huge get. I was about to say it would be a big upgrade for the series but now that I think about it the Jurassic movies as a whole look pretty good in the cinematography department, especially The Lost World and Fallen Kingdom. TLW in particular is one of the rare Kaminski-Spielberg collaborations that doesn't overdo it with lens flare.

It was earlier in the Kaminski-Spielberg collaboration period. Kaminski probably looked at Dean Cundey’s work on JP and decided to light and frame TLW similarly.

I know they will likely digitally shoot due to time constraints, but I would LOVE to see this shot on 35mm and 65mm stock. Fallen Kingdom was beautifully shot but had that digital sheen in spots.

I suspect Dune Messiah is far away but won't Fraser be doing The Batman 2 at the same time this film will be shooting?

I suspect Dune Messiah is far away but won't Fraser be doing The Batman 2 at the same time this film will be shooting?
If this does indeed stick to schedule it's possible that this could wrap filming before The Batman 2 even starts shooting, though I'm not really sure of the shooting schedule for that one. I just assume it wouldn't be until the end of this year at the earliest.

Would be weird if they didn't get Joseph Mazzello back for it considering he's still acting, though I suppose he could have declined if that ends up being the case.

Tim and Lex as grown-ups?

urprised-troybarnes.gif

Would be weird if they didn't get Joseph Mazzello back for it considering he's still acting, though I suppose he could have declined if that ends up being the case.
It'd be a mistake if they were to recast Tim without first approaching Mazzello about it. I'd even say the same for Ariana Richards as Lex because even though she's acted much less frequently than Mazzello in the years since it's possible she'd return. I'm still surprised that they didn't have a cameo in Dominion.

For what it's worth I don't think Johansson is playing Lex. I'm guessing she's playing more of an action heroine since that's something that's rarely been seen in the franchise outside of DeWanda Wise in Dominion, who I would also welcome back in this but I'm not holding my breath for this to be stacked with characters from the previous films. Not that I'd really care to see anyone from the World movies come back anyway besides Wise and maybe Omar Sy.

Since WBD delayed The Batman 2 to October 2026, it shouldn’t affect production on the JW sequel if Fraser agrees to do it.

Why don't we call it... Jurassic Citizen?

1713411615769.gif

Excited for this to get going soon, isn’t filming supposed to be end of next month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"