Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Um... he literally was by Disney.

Then un-cancelled cause it all didn't really mean anything in the end.
And imo, he should have been. But I guess having to direct two popular films and famous actors backing him up, became an advantage.

I checked those tweets again from Google search and yikes. I saw more hideous tweets that were new to me. He was already an adult by then. This is why I can't be optimistic with the upcoming DC reboot.

Man the first GOTG movie holds up incredibly well. Hard to believe it's close to a decade old but it's still one of if not THE best MCU for me. Gunn gets so much right and the bits he adds all just work.

I remember in the cinema I recalled the moment I just thought 'that's the Guardians of the Galaxy right there' in the cinema. It's the moment of Rocket screaming with delight as he fires that gun in the Kyln. In fact pretty much all of Rockets scenes had that effect.

Glad he gets a bit more focus here.

So, the F-bomb is definitely uncensored in the theatrical release.

Feige must really love Gunn enough to allow him to do that. :funny:

They are allowed one F-bomb though, right?
I tell you, I don't understand censorship in US movies.

They are allowed one F-bomb though, right?
I tell you, I don't understand censorship in US movies.

It’s notable because MCU films usually have it censored or cut off in creative, funny ways, because Disney is very particular about their brand and who they aim their content at, which is mostly really young people. Guess they decided to make an exception this time, because Feige loves James Gunn, and it’s James Gunn’s last film in the MCU, so he doesn’t really give a f**k. lol

Though, a film like Knives Out had it in there twice, and it’s sequel also did that plus had 3-4 double middle fingers throughout the film, so it’s not a hard and set rule. Whatever they feel like rating it, I guess? Yeah, it’s weird

Agreed on the censorship standards, though. The MPA is an old, outdated reading system created by old, white men cowering to fragile, whiny, conservative Christian women easily triggered by anything outside of their own bubble. It’s way overdue for an update.

Last edited:
x50aknx6nuva1.png

Hmmm I wouldn't be surprised if those are just comedic scenes instead of teasers for the future of the mcu films.

We probably have one comedic one and then one which shows us what a certain character will be doing next.

Or even introducing a new one. GOTG is ending but the cosmic side isn't.

It’s notable because MCU films usually have it censored or cut off in creative, funny ways, because Disney is very particular about their brand and who they aim their content at, which is mostly really young people. Guess they decided to make an exception this time, because Feige loves James Gunn, and it’s James Gunn’s last film in the MCU, so he doesn’t really give a f**k. lol

Though, a film like Knives Out had it in there twice, and it’s sequel also did that plus had 3-4 double middle fingers throughout the film, so it’s not a hard and set rule. Whatever they feel like rating it, I guess? Yeah, it’s weird

Agreed on the censorship standards, though. The MPA is an old, outdated reading system created by old, white men cowering to fragile, whiny, conservative Christian women easily triggered by anything outside of their own bubble. It’s way overdue for an update.
Deadpool is gonna break them lol so they better get over these issues.

Right, need to get this booked up as I’ll be on hols during the launch.

Run time of 2hrs and 30min seems like a good enough time for the send off. The tv spots have shown nothing which is good, Warlock hasn't even talked in any.
Seems like the appropriate length to me. Not too long and not too short for a finale.

2 hours, 30 minutes is still better than Way of Water that was 3 hours, 30 or so. That extra hours means a lot when you really have to pee! :p

Well, there it is. I just booked my ticket for Friday after work. Feels weird being excited for a Marvel movie again but I do love both Guardians movies, so there's that.

Well, there it is. I just booked my ticket for Friday after work. Feels weird being excited for a Marvel movie again but I do love both Guardians movies, so there's that.
Hope you have fun. :)

Run time of 2hrs and 30min seems like a good enough time for the send off. The tv spots have shown nothing which is good, Warlock hasn't even talked in any.
He’s supposed to be a child so knowing Gunn, expect a lot of jokes about penises

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"