Guess That Line: The Movie Line Trivia Game !

Okay, got to think of something good.

Do you know what horrors lie beyond that wall ?

No

Then you go first.
My brain keeps wanting to make it Game of Thrones because of the wall thing, but obviously that ain't a movie, lol. Definitely gonna need hints.

Okay, got to think of something good.

Do you know what horrors lie beyond that wall ?

No

Then you go first.

tumblr_obxh3iaaTD1qm5oejo1_400.gif

Okay here's an obscure one - sort of.

"Lesbian nazi hookers, abducted by aliens and forced to go on weight loss programs...this week on Town Talk."

Ok apparently only I needed hints. :funny:

Okay here's an obscure one - sort of.

"Lesbian nazi hookers, abducted by aliens and forced to go on weight loss programs...this week on Town Talk."

giphy.gif

And now:

"I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. Somebody steals from me, I'm gonna say you stole. Not talk to him for spitting on the sidewalk. Understand? Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. I'll tell you one more thing. You got an all-out prizefight? You wait until the fight is over, one guy's left standing, and that's how you know who won."

I think I can confidently say I haven't seen this movie.

Well, that quote is from a TV show within a movie ( nowhere near like " I'd buy that for a dollar") but about the same era, late 80s.

It wasn't a big commercial success, more of a fun passion project by the lead actor, who's still performing today- although not in film per se.

Think....parody.

giphy.gif

And now:

"I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. Somebody steals from me, I'm gonna say you stole. Not talk to him for spitting on the sidewalk. Understand? Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. I'll tell you one more thing. You got an all-out prizefight? You wait until the fight is over, one guy's left standing, and that's how you know who won."

First, very impressed you got it, Weird Al's UHF.

The quote is :
De Niro as Al Capone, the Untouchables.

Aw, I'll always have a soft spot for Weird Al. I feel bad I haven't seen it. First cassette tape I ever bought with my own allowance money was Even Worse.

One of the biggest bonding moments my and my best high school friend ever had was working on a project overnight and we never got anything done cuz we were just listening to IN 3-D on repeat while we were supposed to be finishing this thing for class.

Ah... Teenage nerdom.

He had quite a few great quotes in that film. Great screenwriting.

Okay....

I must warn you, I've killed people smarter, and younger than you !

Yup. I think people remember Malone's lines the most cuz, well... Connery. But DeNiro has some great ones.

Ok I've got one:

"You're a watcher. There are watchers in this world and there are doers. And the watchers sit around watching the doers do. Well tonight you watched, and I did."

"Yeah well, it was a little bit harder to watch what you did than for you to do what I was watching."

Ok I've got one:

"You're a watcher. There are watchers in this world and there are doers. And the watchers sit around watching the doers do. Well tonight you watched, and I did."

"Yeah well, it was a little bit harder to watch what you did than for you to do what I was watching."

I literally just heard this a few days ago and I am blanking.

Arrgh!

Just tell me.

I literally just heard this a few days ago and I am blanking.

Arrgh!

Just tell me.
Jane Fonda and Robert Redford in Barefoot in the Park. The Neil Simon dialogue in that is a joy.

6852d8de5b5d66620c9541e03c54b205.gif

tumblr_msoazsFO3T1rpdgzdo2_500.gif

And with that, I must retire for the evening as well. It's been fun!

Jane Fonda and Robert Redford in Barefoot in the Park. The Neil Simon dialogue in that is a joy.

6852d8de5b5d66620c9541e03c54b205.gif

tumblr_msoazsFO3T1rpdgzdo2_500.gif

Simon, yeah.

Was talking with Mom about movies and I forget but this came up.

Mom's two go to male fantasies were Redford and Newman.

I gotta remember to tell you how mom ran ito Newman on the streets of NYC on the first Earth Day, and what happened after.

Simon, yeah.

Was talking with Mom about movies and I forget but this came up.

Mom's two go to male fantasies were Redford and Newman.

I gotta remember to tell you how mom ran ito Newman on the streets of NYC on the first Earth Day, and what happened after.
Your mom and I would get along famously. Those are my 2 biggest Old Hollywood crushes, too. Definitely wanna hear that story, and jealous she got to see 1970 Newman in person. 1970 silver fox Newman was the hottest Newman. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"