Guess That Line: The Movie Line Trivia Game !

Conan from Destroyer talking to Olivia D'abo?

My additon:

"I don't give a damn if folks want their ass tickled with a feather! I kinda like to think that that's what heaven is all about."

Is that Dalton ( Patrick Swayze) in Roadhouse.

Damn ! It sounded so Dalton. Oh well, on to the next one.
I was 50-50 on your response too. It sounded a lot like Roadhouse to me at first glance.

No one has an idea about my quote?

Hint: One of the few musicals of the early 80's.

I was 50-50 on your response too. It sounded a lot like Roadhouse to me at first glance.

No one has an idea about my quote?

Hint: One of the few musicals of the early 80's.

Ummm....sorry bro, musicals ain't my thing. Maybe Rocky Horror Show ? Was that late 70s or early 80s ? Anyway it involved ass tickling.....

My turn, here are some gems from one of my favourite films ( and these aren't even the best quotes).
"Its time to separate the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian."

" I thought Nazi camp got out at 8, did you skip arts and crafts?"

"Yes, we did."

" A David and Goliath story, truer than the bible itself"

And, another gem

"Alliteration aside , we will take our chances in the tournament ."

Ummm....sorry bro, musicals ain't my thing. Maybe Rocky Horror Show ? Was that late 70s or early 80s ? Anyway it involved ass tickling.....

My turn, here are some gems from one of my favourite films ( and these aren't even the best quotes).
"Its time to separate the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian."

" I thought Nazi camp got out at 8, did you skip arts and crafts?"

"Yes, we did."

" A David and Goliath story, truer than the bible itself"

And, another gem

"Alliteration aside , we will take our chances in the tournament ."

fxiG.gif

Further hints for mine:

One of the stars of this early 80's musical wrote one of the biggest hits of all time that topped the charts both in Country and Pop.

Ummm....sorry bro, musicals ain't my thing. Maybe Rocky Horror Show ? Was that late 70s or early 80s ?
Thanks to that movie's poster tagline of "A Different Set of Jaws," I will always know that the Rocky Horror Picture Show came out in 1975.

I'm honestly drawing a blank of any movie musicals that came out in the '80's other than Xanadu and Little Shop of Horrors. And I really don't think Krypton's quote is from either of those. Or maybe it is. Idk.

Yours are Dodgeball, though!

EDIT: Oh Krypton beat me to it.

Thanks to that movie's poster tagline of "A Different Set of Jaws," I will always know that the Rocky Horror Picture Show came out in 1975.

I'm honestly drawing a blank of any movie musicals that came out in the '80's other than Xanadu and Little Shop of Horrors. And I really don't think Krypton's quote is from either of those. Or maybe it is. Idk.

Yours are Dodgeball, though!

EDIT: Oh Krypton beat me to it.

Rhinestone ? Stallone and Parton ?

Spitting distance... So close.
I haven't seen it, but The Best Little ****ehouse in Texas was a musical, wasn't it? Dolly was in that too. She was in 9 to 5 as well, but despite producing a really great Dolly classic with the theme song, it wasn't a musical (yet!).

EDIT: LMAO, if TBLWHiT is the one, we should make a new rule that you have to use titles the censor won't block. :funny:

I haven't seen it, but The Best Little ****ehouse in Texas was a musical, wasn't it? Dolly was in that too. She was in 9 to 5 as well, but despite producing a really great Dolly classic with the theme song, it wasn't a musical (yet!).

EDIT: LMAO, if TBLWHiT is the one, we should make a new rule that you have to use titles the censor won't block. :funny:

giphy.gif

And for those that have never given it its day in court:

Yay! I need to actually watch that movie. :up:

I guess I'll do a quote from the movie I just finished watching:

"All that noise you hear isn't static. It's death, coming to London."

It's... Hitchcock.

But I'm blanking on which one. And it's an early one too, isn't it? Like, late 1930's. early 40's?

Just going one about BLWIT a bit, let me know what you think when you do see it.

I find that among the musical theater/musical movie crowd it scores kinda low for some reason generally. It's a little cult. It's not as beloved as some others but those that love it (Like me.) LOOOOOOOVE it. Best performance Dolly ever gave, a frank and sexy adult themed comedy/drama with some super catchy tunes.

Just going one about BLWIT a bit, let me know what you think when you do see it.

I find that among the musical theater/musical movie crowd it scores kinda low for some reason generally. It's a little cult. It's not as beloved as some others but those that love it (Like me.) LOOOOOOOVE it. Best performance Dolly ever gave, a frank and sexy adult themed comedy/drama with some super catchy tunes.
Will do. I'll probably love it. I love Dolly, and I love musicals, including weird campy cult musicals (I mean, I loved the Reefer Madness musical, so...).

Beat me to it ! BLWHIT was my next guess. It's got to be a Dolly film.

Okay, while we're waiting:

"He's nothing but a low down, double dealing, back stabbing, larcenous perverted worm. Hanging's too good for him, burning's to good for him. He ought be torn into little bit pieces and buried alive."

I suppose the trick isn't to make it so obscure that no one will get it, but not so obvious that everyone gets it.

Yep.

If it helps, it's a Hollywood production.
You pulled out Foreign Correspondent from your Criterion Collection.

A new one:

"The reason I understand your problem so well is that I walked in the same trap myself. Yeah. First day we got here, I started thinking: Maybe I could put my gun away, settle down, get a little land, raise some cattle. Things that these people know about me be to my credit - wouldn't work against me. I just didn't want you to think you were the only sucker in town."

"He's nothing but a low down, double dealing, back stabbing, larcenous perverted worm. Hanging's too good for him, burning's to good for him. He ought be torn into little bit pieces and buried alive."

I suppose the trick isn't to make it so obscure that no one will get it, but not so obvious that everyone gets it.

Em3r6op.gif

If you haven't seen BLWIT in a while find a copy and watch with the missus. I think it's a fun date night kinda movie.

A new one:

"The reason I understand your problem so well is that I walked in the same trap myself. Yeah. First day we got here, I started thinking: Maybe I could put my gun away, settle down, get a little land, raise some cattle. Things that these people know about me be to my credit - wouldn't work against me. I just didn't want you to think you were the only sucker in town."

Sounds like Eastwood but that would be too obvious. There's a clue in the "we" this might be something like Butch Cassidy or maybe Magnificent Seven, some kind of doomed Western team up.

The Birds ?
Krypton got it. It's Foreign Correspondent.

:funny: Actually, if you must know, I was trying to watch the last Hitchcock movie of my countdown on the Criterion Channel one last time before finishing my review, but it wasn't there, and Foreign Correspondent was, so I had to watch it. So there! You don't know me! :oldrazz:

I haven't the faintest idea on this one...

A new one:

But THIS is McQueen in The Magnificent Seven.

Here's a pretty easy one:

"If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to abuse one."

Sounds like Eastwood but that would be too obvious. There's a clue in the "we" this might be something like Butch Cassidy or maybe Magnificent Seven, some kind of doomed Western team up.
M7, yup.

McQueen, who is EMINENTLY quoteable in that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"