Hawkeye Hawkeye General Discussion Thread

Yeah, Hawkeye isn’t exactly popular in the grand scheme of the MCU. It’s why Black Widow gets a movie, and he gets a TV Show.

But look, from here on out I doubt any of the upcoming Marvel show reach the viewership heights of those first three.

I never really liked Hawkeye in MCU, he supposed to be like Bullseye in Daredevil season 3, very dangerous, he should be more confindent, smart and able to fight with more wrapons than just "bow and arrow". He is "the hawkeye", he can hit the target with anything...

Renner as Hawkeye look bored all the time.

Yeah, Hawkeye isn’t exactly popular in the grand scheme of the MCU. It’s why Black Widow gets a movie, and he gets a TV Show.

But look, from here on out I doubt any of the upcoming Marvel show reach the viewership heights of those first three.
Hmmm I know itstoo early to say this as I haven't seen the remaining 4 episodes , but they could have trimmed this series to a 2 hour film, and release it in theaters in February 2022. And I think it would perform well at the boX office.

Hmmm I know itstoo early to say this as I haven't seen the remaining 4 episodes , but they could have trimmed this series to a 2 hour film, and release it in theaters in February 2022. And I think it would perform well at the boX office.
Funny enough, Hawkeye was originally planned as a movie before Feige thought it would work better as a series and Renner agreed to it. I assume it still would have followed this same storyline with Kate, just truncated.

I never really liked Hawkeye in MCU, he supposed to be like Bullseye in Daredevil season 3, very dangerous, he should be more confindent, smart and able to fight with more wrapons than just "bow and arrow". He is "the hawkeye", he can hit the target with anything...

RDJ's Stark being as quippy as he was is the reason why Clint hasn't been as fun a character in the MCU. In the comics he's supposed to be the wisecracking member of the team and it's hard to stand out when Tony's throwing out one-liners in every scene. But he has gotten a few good ones in from time to time, especially in Age of Ultron.

Hmm I feel like they just decided to make it into a series, because Disney bosses want eXclusive Marvel content for Disney+. I just don't see why this needs to be siX episode long, especially with how slow the first two episodes are. Another reason why this should have been a movie is that Black widow post credit scene.

If this was a movie coming out in February 2022, its success is guaranteed bullseye, especially if its the neXt Mcu movie after that Spider-Man movie lol. And of course Hailee's introduction in the mcu, would have been more talked about.

Hmm I feel like they just decided to make it into a series, because Disney bosses want eXclusive Marvel content for Disney+. I just don't see why this needs to be siX episode long, especially with how slow the first two episodes are. Another reason why this should have been a movie is that Black widow post credit scene.

If this was a movie coming out in February 2022, its success is guaranteed bullseye, especially if its the neXt Mcu movie after that Spider-Man movie lol. And of course Hailee's introduction in the mcu, would have been more talked about.
This is exactly it. It’s why we are getting an Echo series, She Hulk, Moon Knight, etc.

I’m looking to some of these shows more than others but let’s not kid ourselves that they were part of some built out plan like the movies in Phases 1-3

IMO, the worst show of the Marvel Disney+ shows is What If? I only really liked two episodes after watching the series from start to finish: The Dr. Strange one and The Finale, although there were parts of the finale that I did not enjoy. I will give the finales of WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a pass because their shooting was disrupted by a pandemic, forcing both shows to reconfigure, which was why both finales were perceived as terrible as there were restrictions as to what they could do. I believe that the back story of the Flag Smashers and their motivations would have been fleshed out more if it hadn't been for those restrictions.

I liked the first two episodes. I don't give a damn that its "too much humor" or "it's not comic book accurate." As someone who has never read a Marvel Comic ever, I don't really care about comic book accuracy anyways. However, all opinions of movies and TV is subjective. We all don't have to like the same thing, and that's a good thing. Example is Avatar. I thought the movie would be a lot better with a more charismatic lead rather than Sam Worthington, but a lot of people liked his performance, which is fine, but I didn't.

I liked the anthology format of What If. It was nice that each episode self contained with the exception of the finale.

I liked the anthology format of What If. It was nice that each episode self contained with the exception of the finale.

I didn't mind the anthology format, I just wasn't a fan of some of the episodes on that show.

They are treating these shows like content. They aren't special. You can clearly see that the effort and the quality diminishes/changes considerably from one episode to another. Hawkeye had some stuff that looked and felt like a cheap network show.
The Falcon and Winter Soldier is the only one that had moments that could easily belong on the big screen. Loki managed to look expensive but the writing and the pacing and the episodes themselves did feel TV-ish.

*cough* I can't really take seriously the idea that Hawkeye "isn't dangerous", not based on the actual evidence of "everything he has done in pretty much every appearance ever". His first big action scene involved nearly knocking a Helicarrier out of the sky", after all. In the MCU, Clint Barton has consistently been fighting with Natasha for "most dangerous normal human superhero", and you can make an argument that he spent most of that time winning it. And this show continues it, with his general portrayal being "In my civies I am just this side of an outside context problem for a criminal underworld issue".

What he isn't, is performatively edgy. Which is a good thing. Villains are the ones who feel the need to remind everyone how dangerous and hardcore they are, not heroes.

They are treating these shows like content. They aren't special. You can clearly see that the effort and the quality diminishes/changes considerably from one episode to another. Hawkeye had some stuff that looked and felt like a cheap network show.
The Falcon and Winter Soldier is the only one that had moments that could easily belong on the big screen. Loki managed to look expensive but the writing and the pacing and the episodes themselves did feel TV-ish.

I happen to like cheap network shows, as those are some of my favorites. Now all of those are sitcoms, but still, I enjoy those type of shows.

Last edited:

He's done those things in the MCU films and already in the show with only two episodes.

Funny enough, Hawkeye was originally planned as a movie before Feige thought it would work better as a series and Renner agreed to it. I assume it still would have followed this same storyline with Kate, just truncated.

RDJ's Stark being as quippy as he was is the reason why Clint hasn't been as fun a character in the MCU. In the comics he's supposed to be the wisecracking member of the team and it's hard to stand out when Tony's throwing out one-liners in every scene. But he has gotten a few good ones in from time to time, especially in Age of Ultron.

I think an issue beyond just the lack of Clint's sarcastic streak is also how Hawkeye was always this paradox of being both the one character that was most confrontational with "leadership" pushing the Tony's and Steve's on the team, sometimes just cuz he wanted to be a cranky contrarian but he always came off as the most committed member of the Avengers the one who saw that his family really was this collection of crazy super heroes doing their best to protect the world.

Needless to say... MCU Clint is not quite that.

But... I like him and I like where they have gone with him. The show has for sure made me want more, at least until Kate is up to snuff and Clint presents her to whomever as his replacement.

I'm quite liking this show, except for everything relating to Kate Bishop's family.
Too bad since it seems like it's gonna be a mayor focus of the series.

:csad:

I'm quite liking this show, except for everything relating to Kate Bishop's family.
Too bad since it seems like it's gonna be a mayor focus of the series.

:csad:

As obvious as that all is my two consolation prizes are that while Jack is slimey it's got an entertaining factor at just how slimey he's coming across.

I don't know how much you know about the characters from the comics so I'll spoiler tag the second reason:

Jack's comic inspiration is in fact a character that has a history with Hawkeye who becomes The Swordsman who clashed with heroes only to do the Hawkeye thing and begin as a baddie who switches sides to become an Avenger ally. So I like starting him as a "villain" and if it is a misdirect it might allow him to stick around in some capacity in Kate's life.
I know people are also suspicious of Kate's mom but I hope that is not so just because it would be cool if they went the route of Kate having two pseudo father figures acting as influences and that can only happen if mom doesn't do a heel turn or die before the story ends this season.

Eventually I think shows will as Disney + subs grow.

So how is the series going for you guys after the first 3 episodes? Enjoying it?
I read some rumblings that the 3rd episode really delivered.

Anyways i gave the series a try and couldn't really finish the first episode. I see Marvel experiencing with different concepts but as to be expected not everything lands, at least not the same way to different people... I might be in the minority here since it didn't really work that well for me, but i might come back to the series another time in the future and give it a second shot.

So how is the series going for you guys after the first 3 episodes? Enjoying it?
I read some rumblings that the 3rd episode really delivered.

Anyways i gave the series a try and couldn't really finish the first episode. I see Marvel experiencing with different concepts but as to be expected not everything lands, at least not the same way to different people... I might be in the minority here since it didn't really work that well for me, but i might come back to the series another time in the future and give it a second shot.

You jumped ship at the wrong time.

Ep three had it all. Action, the feels, new character back story, a HUGE tease and, uh... Huge... Other things. As in... Objects. But I can't say much more.

It has picked up for sure and we are firmly in buddy-cops mode.

Did it move the plots around certain characters forward? No. It introduced it's own complication with a new character and their motivations but it was a tight and very fun episode that managed a real tear jerker moment in the middle of all that to boot.

Our heroes have gelled for sure.

Watch it if for nothing else than the fun action set piece, slightly dodgy CGI in some parts not withstanding it's a hoot.

If we don't get Krypton Inc.'s idea of former SHIELD agent Laura Barton coming to NYC to save our heroes, I've got a pretty good idea for an ending for this series.

Our heroes save the day by December 24, but a Nor'easter means all flights from NYC and surrounding environs are grounded. Clint is despondent, beat up and absolutely exhausted when he falls asleep in the Trust A Bro van Kate and Clint commandeered during the final battle. He wakes up 15 hours later in Mizzou on Christmas morn with Kate sliding open the panel and telling Laura they will need to pump him full of coffee but her husband should be good to go. And Kate spends the holiday with the Barton clan. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
If we don't get Krypton Inc.'s idea of former SHIELD agent Laura Barton coming to NYC to save our heroes, I've got a pretty good idea for an ending for this series.

Our heroes save the day by December 24, but a Nor'easter means all flights from NYC and surrounding environs are grounded. Clint is despondent, beat up and absolutely exhausted when he falls asleep in the Trust A Bro van Kate and Clint commandeered during the final battle. He wakes up 20 hours later in Mizzou on Christmas morn with Kate sliding open the panel and telling Laura they will need to pump him full of coffee but her husband should be good to go. And Kate spends the holiday with the Barton clan. Merry Christmas!

Because...

Kate is the new Natasha in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"