Hawkeye Hawkeye General Discussion Thread

To have a debut like this only to lose a parent at the same time.

Credit where credit is due: episode 3 was fantastic. First time in what? 10 years they made Hawkeye cool. Those action sequences were better than anything on Black Widow.
Perfect mix of action and character moments.

Credit where credit is due: episode 3 was fantastic. First time in what? 10 years they made Hawkeye cool. Those action sequences were better than anything on Black Widow.
Perfect mix of action and character moments.

I liked the action in the last episode, but I think that's a bit hyperbolic. Some of the CG looked a bit dodgy.

The green screen for the driving is hilarious.

Is it intentionally that way? On paper, that kind of stylized look wouldn't be out of place considering the source material, but I honestly couldn't tell.

This poor show will have a day to bask in the attention before Spidey takes over.
It's not basking in anything.
It's all coordinated.
The Kingpin appearance was ALWAYS going to drop the same week as the movie.

This poor show will have a day to bask in the attention before Spidey takes over.

I like Hawkeye, but it's all subjective. We don't have to like everything all the same. Still though I think the best show is Loki at this point. Perhaps it's because nobody in Loki had foot-in-mouth disease saying something that eventually gets everyone hyped up only to disappoint (which was the case for WandaVision).

The green screen for the driving is hilarious.

I didn't even notice the bad CGI. This makes me in the minority then I guess as I really don't care about that stuff. Maybe it has to do with my favorite active directors being more auteurs who heavily focus on story and characters or the fact that I have never read a superhero comic ever, but I didn't notice the green screen for the driving. It looked quite real to me and the use of the camera while Clint was driving initially was a cool camera angle.

I didn't even notice the bad CGI. This makes me in the minority then I guess as I really don't care about that stuff. Maybe it has to do with my favorite active directors being more auteurs who heavily focus on story and characters or the fact that I have never read a superhero comic ever, but I didn't notice the green screen for the driving. It looked quite real to me and the use of the camera while Clint was driving initially was a cool camera angle.
I didn't notice that either.
Not Noticing Bad CGI is one of My Greatest Superpowers.
It has served me well over the years.

This poor show is actually My Favorite of the Disney Plus shows.
I think that a lot of it has to do with the low stakes.
It's nice to watch an MCU property where it isn't about how Everything Hangs in The Balance.
You can just have fun with it.

This poor show is actually My Favorite of the Disney Plus shows.
I think that a lot of it has to do with the low stakes.
It's nice to watch an MCU property where it isn't about how Everything Hangs in The Balance.
You can just have fun with it.
Oh I'm liking it a lot too, it's just unfortunate that it'll be largely overshadowed next week and possibly the following week in comparison to how huge No Way Home will be.

Oh I'm liking it a lot too, it's just unfortunate that it'll be largely overshadowed next week and possibly the following week in comparison to how huge No Way Home will be.

Oh there's no doubt about that.

Oh there's no doubt about that.
Along those lines, I also think that in the future there won't be as much overlap between Marvel theatrical releases and the Disney+ shows so they're not on top of each other and to avoid over-saturation. It's happened three times this year. First Black Widow came out near the tail end of Loki's run, then Shang-Chi was released in the middle of What If's season, and now No Way Home is coming out with Hawkeye currently streaming. I'm assuming it's just the way the chips fell because of the pandemic.

Along those lines, I also think that in the future there won't be as much overlap between Marvel theatrical releases and the Disney+ shows so they're not on top of each other and to avoid over-saturation. It's happened three times this year. First Black Widow came out near the tail end of Loki's run, then Shang-Chi was released in the middle of What If's season, and now No Way Home is coming out with Hawkeye currently streaming. I'm assuming it's just the way the chips fell because of the pandemic.

It's likely due to the Pandemic because if I remember correctly, a lot of those projects on Disney+ were to have been released last year.

It's likely due to the Pandemic because if I remember correctly, a lot of those projects on Disney+ were to have been released last year.
Yes, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision were originally due out in 2020. As far as the films go, I don't think the September and December release dates for Shang-Chi and Spider-Man were originally reserved for Marvel films prior to the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"