He-man Sequel Series (Netflix)

Looks wild...im sold on it.
Bring it on.

I have to say it Sarah was good, but Melissa was better as Teela she killed it, and I loved having Shatner's character say the "i'm laughing at the superior intellect" ala wrath of khan:jd:

I have to say it Sarah was good, but Melissa was better as Teela she killed it, and I loved having Shatner's character say the "i'm laughing at the superior intellect" ala wrath of khan:jd:
Yeah Melissa fits the character more and the mixing feels more natural

oh and Cam Clarke who voiced Adam/He Man in the 2002 series has a small role in one ep he plays a character who is basically the He Man of his world and tries to challenge Hordak on his ship.

Finished the season this morning. It was a quick watch lol

Overall I enjoyed it but it felt rushed which...5 episodes...yeah they had to do a lot of heavy lifting. Teela's entire storyline could've easily been spread across 2-10 season episodes along with Skeletors.

I wonder if Netflix ordered 10 episodes because....2.5yrs for 5 episodes is....ridiculous.

Really hoping that She-Ra makes her way into this series because I'll be mad if she doesnt show up.

Very watchable as the previous series.
As a toy collector I liked to see on screen the toys that came after the first wave, He Man damaged battle chest, Hordak etc even if as a kid I was past that toys era.
Teela/Sorceress/Three Sorc is the best.

Last edited:
oh and Cam Clarke who voiced Adam/He Man in the 2002 series has a small role in one ep he plays a character who is basically the He Man of his world and tries to challenge Hordak on his ship.
Stonedar of the Rockmen!

9606229203_b07f3ce408_k.jpg

Finished the season this morning. It was a quick watch lol

Overall I enjoyed it but it felt rushed which...5 episodes...yeah they had to do a lot of heavy lifting. Teela's entire storyline could've easily been spread across 2-10 season episodes along with Skeletors.

I wonder if Netflix ordered 10 episodes because....2.5yrs for 5 episodes is....ridiculous.

Really hoping that She-Ra makes her way into this series because I'll be mad if she doesnt show up.

I'm a cynical and pessimistic person, and I'm also annoyed they only got 5 episodes after the first season got 10 and we've been waiting two+ years. My feeling is that Netflix is seeking to bury and just get rid of the show, so they just gave them this as a peace offering. I don't know, but that's my feeling.

I don't get why they only got 5 episodes this time.

That said, I still hope they get another season. If the show doesn't continue after that ending, I'm going to be ticked!

Okay Smith, you had me waiting till the last episode, but I got my magical girl transformation. So, it passes for now. Internet not quite as quick on getting the good stuff up though. But, any reason to repost this...

I think narrowing down the chapters (I refuse to call a 5 episode, 2 and a half hour block of episodes a season) may be a decent way to do it. They nailed the pacing down much, much better than in the first season. Powerhouse is still Powerhouse, with things in their animation and designs that bug me. I really wasn't feeling Benoist over Geller. Keith David's Hordak was fine. Nothing against his acting, but after Princesses of Power's Horde Prime, he just felt... bland. And Shatner's Keldor annoyed me.

I am laughing me ass off that the new He-man has the CGI symbol on him. I am confused as to what Mattel is doing. I will give the first season props in that it felt more original than this chapter. Between Hordak/Motherboard and the Keldor stuff, a lot this season felt like retreads of stuff in superior shows. And the cliffhanger was to be expected. Which makes one wonders if they are able to navigate some of the legal issues there.

Getting Jeffery Combs to voice Zodac is a great way to convene the vague nature of Zodac. And Grey DeLisle as you know who is a fun choice.

can we all agree that Bear McCreary killed it with the music for this show it is just so EPIC

Bear McCreary kills it on everything he does. He killed it on Human Target back in the day which had the best score and then they ruined it by removing it in Season 2. Morons!

McCreary also did the best score for the Legendary MonsterVerse for King of the Monsters. The only movie that actually used the classic Godzilla theme.

Something I've been thinking about.

Horde Prime will likely show up. And I wonder if Smith will just use the Classics design, or modify the PoP version, which was extremely disturbing in the limitations of a YA focused cartoon. I could see him wanting to go all out with that version

Something I've been thinking about.

Horde Prime will likely show up. And I wonder if Smith will just use the Classics design, or modify the PoP version, which was extremely disturbing in the limitations of a YA focused cartoon. I could see him wanting to go all out with that version

Here is my question:

Can they even use characters like Horde Prime, Adora/She-Ra, etc? My understanding is that Netflix/Mattel outright can't use She-Ra and other Princess of Power-only characters. I guess Hordak is a bit different since Hordak and the Horde's toys were a part of the Masters of the Universe toyline originally. Even though Hordak first appeared in the She-Ra cartoon and comics.

And yet, at the end they used Despara who is the brainwashed version of Adora from the comics. So how is this going to work. They also showed the origin story of Hordak kidnapping a baby, who is likely Adora. Are they creating a brand-new character meant to be Adora but not in name? I'm just very confused about all this.

Completely Missed that Revolution came out, so yesterday i watched it...and boy that was fun.
5 Episodes is way too little and i fear the worst here in terms of Netflix.

This is a fun universe and a lot to tell, but we are talking about netflix here...so you are always worried they will cancel it.
I would think the Money mattel pays would be good enough, but you never know.

I definitely would want a ton of figures and merchandise of this, a lot of cool character designs etc.
Too short but fun story, animation was good, voice acting fine...i liked it a lot.

KEVIN SMITH: “What they learned from the algorithm and this is what they said to us, they break all the information down. They’re like overall you had too many episodes. Your show needs to be five episodes. And so they’re like, you can go again but it’s gotta be five episodes. And we’re like alright we can do that.

And honestly, having five episodes forces every choice to be like this is gotta be f*cking epic worthy. Because we don’t have that many minutes to play with, there’s not that much real estate. So, you’re moving the story along at perhaps a more brisk pace than you would like. Maybe it’d be nice to have one or two more episodes to let it breathe, but we’re playing the ball where it laid. And honestly because of that, I think that helped it.

Like that made people be like, here, you always want to leave people wanting more. And overwhelmingly people are like I want more, when is the next round, when is the next season. So in that way, us being forced to like you know, alright, tell your story in five episodes instead of the luxurious ten that we had last time. And it wasn’t even like a budget thing, it was just like I’m not supposed to share information like this. I get in trouble when I share information like this but it really came down to like this is what the algorithm says. Like everything would have worked out better if you only got five episodes and that was it.

Seriously, we better get another season, or I'm going to lose it and join Hordak.

The animation and music was epic. Story was a little hit or miss.

Bring on season 3 and She-Ra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"