Henry Cavill IS Superman: The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you are saying is the same thing, kissing Cavill's ass. It was a horrible casting decision. He's not even tall enough. WTF.

I wasn't kissing his ass. (He wasn't even my #1 pick for Superman, but he fits the bill after I saw his work.) If you're implying we all are, well... there's a few people that agree with you.

Wait for the film to come out and see it. If you don't like it, then you're entitled to complain and criticize. But slamming Cavill when he's cast... not cool. Trolling is more like it.

The British actor, best known for his work on Showtime's period drama The Tudors, was in the top three or four contenders since Day 1, says one insider, somewhat fitting since the 27-year old has tried out for superhero roles before.
Seems like whatever sources Showtime and Jamie had were pulling their chains when they said they werent going to cast Cavill. Disinformation and what have you. Pretty smart. Made the reveal at least on these boards much more effective.

Yeah & its going on a guy with thin hair who's 6'1. LOL!!!!

Everyone knows Supes is 6'4. Maybe Cavill will wear elevator shoes & boots.

To quote Peter O'Toole from the 1980 film 'The Stunt Man'...Eli Cross: Do you not know that King Kong the first was just three foot six inches tall? He only came up to Faye Wray's belly button! If God could do the tricks that we can do he'd be a happy man!

BTW BR is only 6' 2" and change...D'oh he was too short he claimed to be 6' 4". Is nothing sacred?!

All you are saying is the same thing, kissing Cavill's ass. It was a horrible casting decision. He's not even tall enough. WTF.

I'm going to make this simple for you:

Spam is defined as posts that are inconsistent with the other thread or forum dialogue. Spamming may result in a warning or probation. Continued spamming may result in banning.

If this entire thread was full of people whining and b**!hing about this choice, then your comments would fit in here. But the vast majority of posters here are expressing a different dialogue. Which makes constantly cheerleading for Brandon Routh, over and over again out of sync.

Let it go and go find something else to talk about. Now.

Thanks.

Superman is listed as 6'3"....

I'm just shocked that Snyder couldn't find someone better than a 6'0 tall british dude that doesn't have the strong facial features of Chris Reeve or Routh. Even if it wasn't Routh, they could have done better than this dude.

I see nothing in Cavill that makes me want to be Superman like I did with Chris Reeve or either Routh.

Sorry. I don't see why more people aren't upset about this. I just hope its a damn good story. It had better be because this guy doesn't impress me or the women that I've asked to look at him as Superman.

Oh no.... we're getting close to 1k.

We all know what this means. :csad:

cavill.jpg

This is a great manip, kudos to whoever made it. I think the suit looks nice, great vibrant colors, etc... but why does Superman have to hike his manties up so high? Every manip I see on these boards with a "classic" version of the suit, he looks like he's got love handles and he's got his trunks hiked up to above his belly button. I hope Snyder goes with a more updated, muscular (but not huge and bulky) male physique for this film.

Most of us SHH veterans here have been rooting for Cavill since pre-SR days. THAT'S why more people aren't upset about this.

All the talk of him being too young just ain't gonna cut it this time around.

I'm just shocked that Snyder couldn't find someone better than a 6'0 tall british dude that doesn't have the strong facial features of Chris Reeve or Routh. Even if it wasn't Routh, they could have done better than this dude.

I see nothing in Cavill that makes me want to be Superman like I did with Chris Reeve or either Routh.

Sorry. I don't see why more people aren't upset about this. I just hope its a damn good story. It had better be because this guy doesn't impress me or the women that I've asked to look at him as Superman.
That's odd, Cavill arguably has the most chiseled features of any other Superman actor cast to date. Even amongst his fanbase it is one of his most defining and attractive features that are constantly revered.

Maybe they'll let Cavill sport the super-mullet in this one. :o

Has anyone posted pics of the actors Cavill beat out for this role?

Probably because we all realize how futile it would be since the decision has been made. Also because even the perfect actor in the world wouldn't save this movie if the script and direction isn't spot on (See Superman III and IV.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"