Henry Cavill IS Superman: The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
41092_427021856983_52748611983_5128477_8136409_n.jpg

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HENRY CAVILL!!!

Wait another 5 months when he will be even more ripped and bulked up.

:cwink: Thank you again for your present! *opens Superman B-day card again to hear the Superman music*

41092_427021856983_52748611983_5128477_8136409_n.jpg

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HENRY CAVILL!!!

Nope, nope, I definitely WON'T sleep today. And there's plenty of scenes in The Tudors to help with one's, urrmm, overactive imagination. :woot:

Love this pic, too, and take note of his quote below:

henry5.jpg

I presume we`ll see this smile by the end of the movie?

I hope he smiles several times in the movie, Routh didn't get to smile all that much, even Reeve didn't smile enough for me, though when he did, it was a blindingly beautiful smile, really (with Lois at the Fortress, for instance, when they're having dinner).

How Henry Cavill Beat Matthew Goode and Others to Land 'Superman'
Borys Kit said:
The veil of secrecy over the Superman casting process was such a Fortress of Solitude that not even Henry Cavill nor his CAA agents knew the actor had gotten the role in Warner Bros.' Zack Snyder-directed, Christopher Nolan-produced movie until Sunday morning.

The British actor, best known for his work on Showtime's period drama The Tudors, was in the top three or four contenders since Day 1, says one insider, somewhat fitting since the 27-year old has tried out for superhero roles before.

Cavill was a leading contender for Superman when Warners was reviving the franchise in the mid-2000s. He was on McG's shortlist before the director was replaced by Bryan Singer and the role went to Brandon Routh, and Cavill first came to Nolan's attention when he vied for the role of Bruce Wayne opposite Christian Bale in Nolan’s Batman Begins.

According to sources, Cavill's closest competitor this time around was Matthew Goode, another British actor who was one of the stars of Snyder and Warners' Watchmen comic book movie (he played genius entrepreneur Ozymandias.) Goode was also in contention for the title role in Fox’s Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and is said to have taken himself out of that race in order to focus on Superman.

Warners and Nolan auditioned actors in Los Angeles, New York, and London in November and December, with someone in the 28- to 32-year-old range as the ideal candidate. In addition to Cavill and Goode, among those who met or were under consideration were White Collar star Matthew Bomer, Social Network's Winkelvoss twins Armie Hammer, True Blood actor Joe Manganiello (scheduling with the HBO show was a factor) and Colin O’Donaghue, who stars opposite Anthony Hopkins in The Rite.

Cavill was invited for a callback in January, where he met Snyder face-to-face for the first time, according to a source.

The final decision came down last week, and the Nolan secrecy machine was in such force that only a handful of execs knew the choice. In fact, many top Warners execs found out only after Cavill had been called Sunday morning.

Jamie thinks that The Hobbit Part 1 isn't going to make its December 2012 release date. An 18 month schedule for a two-film shooting, plus 3D cameras and extensive visual effects. More likely it'll be December 2013 and December 2014.

Didn't I just say the same thing? :word:

Wait another 5 months when he will be even more ripped and bulked up.

Nooo, just as I was sort of calming down, you put that thought into my head. *laugh* I kid, I kid. There's no way I can be any less excited as I am right now.

Thinking of Cavill bulking up makes me all:

ani_fangirl.gif

I'm like: "YES, PLEASE."

Wow this news is awesome. Been pulling for Cavill for ages it seems. I can't believe they actually cast him! It just seems so surreal.

Cavill will rock our world no doubt!

Henry Cavill is playing ....SUPERMAN!!!
9iuwbr.gif

Hahaha, my thoughts EXACTLY. Your .gif is the perfect companion to my .gif! Fangirls and fanboys rejoice! Brilliant! :woot:

Well, we have proof that Mr. Nolan hand picked Cavill. I love it...

Damn, that man has been busy. Between Catwoman and Superman casting all in 2 months, wow.

I am pleased with the casting choice. :up:

However, I will ban anyone who uses the word "Casted" in any application.

Consider yourselves forewarned. :dry:

:cwink: Thank you again for your present! *opens Superman B-day card again to hear the Superman music*

Nope, nope, I definitely WON'T sleep today. And there's plenty of scenes in The Tudors to help with one's, urrmm, overactive imagination. :woot:

Love this pic, too, and take note of his quote below:

henry5.jpg

I hope he smiles several times in the movie, Routh didn't get to smile all that much, even Reeve didn't smile enough for me, though when he did, it was a blindingly beautiful smile, really (with Lois at the Fortress, for instance, when they're having dinner).

If Henry gets really Chris Evans buff for the part, I'd like to see them try to make the top of the \S/ shield kind of heart shaped at the top as it is drawn in some comics, because Supermans pecs stretch it that way. It might look crap but it is something worth investigating. Also as you said let's have Superman smile in this one. They had BR act so morose in SR that it was a total downer. I don't want a mopey Superman for the reboot.

You guys should just have that word censored by now.:o

a little late to respond, but i LOVE this news.

Where are the old-timers that were here supporting Cavill for Supes back when SR was in production or even before it??

We're still here.

Of course, it will take a minute for the news to travel but trust me, all of the veterans will return to activity here...and to rejoice in this triumphant victory. :up:

it's a VERY disturbing thought that Matthew Goode was runner up but very comforting that Snyder is good enough in his craft to realize how much better Cavill is for the role.

this video of a photo shoot illustrates just how different the 2 actors look and just how much more Cavill looks the part. Goode shows up at the 1:10 mark looking pretty scrawny and weak which in turn makes Cavill look much bigger and powerful at the 2:07 mark.

[YT]ic4Riisch2k[/YT]

At least there is still Captain America :cap:

But in all seriousness, I'm not that bothered by it. They've been De-Americanizing Superman for a while now. Just look to "Truth, Justice, All that stuff" amd you'll see where the trend has been heading.

Yeah, I caught that too. As a proud American I was offended by that dig. Guess we won't be seeing any memorable moments with Superman anywhere near an American flag, ala the ending of the first Spider-Man movie with Tobey McGuire.

:supes:

Well, we have proof that Mr. Nolan hand picked Cavill. I love it...

Damn, that man has been busy. Between Catwoman and Superman casting all in 2 months, wow.

Yep!

Cavill passed the Nolan test and then he passed the Snyder test.

He simply beat out the other contenders.

I keep thinking we have not seen the last of Goode though. If he truly dropped out of Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter for Supes....I can see Nolan and Snyder telling Goode during the testing or more recently not to worry about not being cast as Supes....as they may have another role for him in mind in the MOS film.

I'm speculating of course....but I have seen the way Team Nolan operates when it comes to casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"