Henry Cavill IS Superman: The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavill.jpg

I love Superman and have since I was a kid, but for the life of me Cavill just doesn't look the part. I'm trying to see it, I really am, but it's just not happening. I am glad that Goode didn't get the role. I would definitely take Cavill over Goode. That being said, I would take Routh over Cavill. Twas not meant to be.

:supes:

it's a VERY disturbing thought that Matthew Goode was runner up but very comforting that Snyder is good enough in his craft to realize how much better Cavill is for the role.
Reminds me of how Gyllenhaal lost out to Bale when they auditioned for Batman. It's safe to say Goode probably gave an impressive audition if he got that far, but it was just a matter of a superior actor ticking more boxes in fitting the part.

Aweful choice this guy looks nothing like what Superman is suppose to. The film is already off to a bad start with this casting decision.

41092_427021856983_52748611983_5128477_8136409_n.jpg

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HENRY CAVILL!!!

He doesnt look like that anymore, when he started the movie IMMORTALS the director got him to work on his body before shooting because it looked abit pudgy.

I keep thinking we have not seen the last of Goode though. If he truly dropped out of Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter for Supes....I can see Nolan and Snyder telling Goode during the testing or more recently not to worry about not being cast as Supes....as they may have another role for him in mind in the MOS film.

he would probably make a pretty good Lex, but he already played a similar character in Ozymandias...and i doubt he'd want to get typecast.

cavillrd01023724v2gt4.jpg

I think this choice is so spot-on. Obviously we always focus on the Superman aspect of the hero, but we cannot forget the Clark Kent factor.

And at 6'1, he'll be fine once he packs on more muscle (onto his already seriously chiseled frame). Works for me. :up:

cavill.jpg

I love Superman and have since I was a kid, but for the life of me Cavill just doesn't look the part. I'm trying to see it, I really am, but it's just not happening. I am glad that Goode didn't get the role. I would definitely take Cavill over Goode. That being said, I would take Routh over Cavill. Twas not meant to be.

:supes:

You're exactly right. He looks totally ridiculous, about as ridiculous as Welling getting the role.

This role should have gone back to Brandon Routh or someone with his strong facial features & thick dark hair.

Cavill is awful!!!!!!!! Brandon Routh looks like Superman even when he isn't trying to look like Superman/Clark.

brandon-routh-2006-mtv-movie-awards-arrivals-1gbXyp.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like every recent super hero casting has been spot on and damn sexy. :o

He doesnt look like that anymore, when he started the movie IMMORTALS the director got him to work on his body before shooting because it looked abit pudgy.
i believe that photo was taken AFTER production on 'the Immortals' however...since he's already in good shape, it wouldn't take much for him to get back into the shape he got into. plus, if an older Gerard Butler could get into the shape he did for 300 then a Henry Cavill in his prime should be able to match (maybe even exceed) that.

he would probably make a pretty good Lex, but he already played a similar character in Ozymandias...and i doubt he'd want to get typecast.

I think he would do a solid job as Lex, Braniac,The Eradicator, and even as Zod.

I hope Snyder doesn't do the curly-cue, and goes with just slicked back hair...

Aweful choice this guy looks nothing like what Superman is suppose to. The film is already off to a bad start with this casting decision.

Yep. Well at least you will always have Superman Returns for solace.

So, has the *****ing started yet?

:p

Fantastic piece of news. Woke up this morning and had a feeling Superman was cast so I checked my RSS feed and there it was. To all of us who supported Cavill pre-SR, this is simply awesome.

I'm actually hoping for a more natural hair for Superman this time.

Cavill is awful!!!!!!!! Brandon Routh looks like Superman even when he isn't trying to look like Superman/Clark.

Obi Wan Kenobi:

After tracking this thread carefully, it appears you posted this same message a few times. Is there anything different you'd like to add to the conversation beyond that he's "aweful"?

If not, move on with your day. Brandon Routh is no longer an option for discussing the role at this point. That means your constant harping of the subject is bordering on spam. And since the vast majority of the posters here are focusing on Cavill's future with the franchise, such comments are also falling into trolling territory...and that's something I give no quarter to.

Last edited:
After tracking this thread carefully, it appears you posted this same message a few times. Is there anything different you'd like to add to the conversation beyond that he's "aweful"?

If not, move on with your day. Brandon Routh is no longer an option for discussing the role at this point. That means your constant harping of the subject is bordering on spam... and that's something I give no quarter to.

All you are saying is the same thing, kissing Cavill's ass. It was a horrible casting decision. He's not even tall enough. WTF.

Yeah & its going on a guy with thin hair who's 6'1. LOL!!!!

Everyone knows Supes is 6'4. Maybe Cavill will wear elevator shoes & boots.

Thats right. Its going to Henry Cavill and everything to comes with him. Deal with it.

I thought Cavill was too small and boyish to play Supes.... Well I gues I gotta trust Snyder on that one.... I hope he can pull it off.

me share the same thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"